Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+6
Day of Light
inMadness
TSDZ_President
Bestdragon3
CaR_HoPPeR
Nurellia
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 14:23

"Mostly." Mike replied, still swaying slightly as he extended his hand towards Udo's leg. At first, Udo wouldn't feel a thing, but then he would feel a sharp pain starting from his foot, and stretching to his thighs, the earth around his leg vibrating. The pain would only increase however as the earth would start to crumble and fall off, the pain feeling as if someone were taking chunks of your leg off piece by piece. However, Udo could suddenly not feel anything as the leg transformation stopped.

"Sorry, forgot about the nerves, this should go a lot smoother for you now." Mike replied, visibly sweating. He'd continue on however, no pain felt this time as the earth crumbled to sand, some falling, some crumbling more as the leg became smaller and smaller, before it all stopped. What was left was a very skimpy leg, still your height, but it was as if the leg itself hasn't gotten any exercise in a long time. But Udo still couldn't feel it.

"Oh right, nerves." Mike answered, shaking his head. The nerves would then kick back on, pins and needles running through his leg, before it was just pain,"Just exercise it a bit and you'll be fine. In about a month."
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 14:31

Udo closed his eyes and pushed through it. His eyes rolled beneath his eyelids as Mike admitted his momentary mistake, and releaved the pain. When he was finished, Udo looked down at his leg; the sight of it made Udo's stomach wrench.

Flesh; normal flesh was all that remained of the stone leg and to that Udo was grateful, but still unsure. "It can happen again though, can't it?" He asked. "The stone will still return eventually, just like the first time, won't it?"

His mind was racing. Was it only a temprorary solution, and what would happen if he asked him to purge all the petrified cells in his body. Udo looked at Mike, anxious for his response.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 14:38

"Yeah it'll come back. It'll take awhile though. Tried removing the petrified crap, but my head hurts too much... Be happy with that though, I need to take a nap..." Then, quite unlike Mike, he starts to walk down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 14:45

Gabrielle's mouth could only drop open as she saw the process going on, then the pitifully thin leg. She looked over to Udo, then Mike, then Udo, then Mike once again as he left the room. "Weird. Mike usually... doesn't do that," she commented on his mode of transportation.

But she waved it off. "I'm glad it worked. You can come with me, now, right?" Gabrielle displayed the fakest smile ever. It disappointed her.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 14:49

Udo nodded. It was a solution none the less. At least now he knew if nothing else, Mike would have the ability to revert some of the damage it caused. Still, Udo felt no better about using his power; it was still a curse, guised as a gift and Udo was determined to stop it permanently.
This is my power, and not even I can keep myself from it.

"Thank you.", was all he said as Mike walked out of the room. Udo looked at his leg again. This time he leaned forward and touched the skin; still cold and the tingling sensations signaled that blood was working it's way back through the neglected muscles. Udo took a deep breath as he moved his toes and inched the leg across the ground weakly. Fascinating

He looked at Gabrielle again with a faked smile; showing his content with the situation.
"Well, that takes care of that." He grinned again. He had decided to go regardless. "Yes, I'll be going with you to France."
"Will you be joining everyone on this dinner outing, as well?" He asked bluntly.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 14:59

"Yes, I will," she said in a rather deflated manner. "Might as well eat something."

Gabrielle didn't want to admit it, but she still wanted to talk to him. It was nice to be up close and personal that way. A break from all the drama. A break from all those things she didn't understand, and a load off her back.

"Are you going?"

Last edited by Hinaoki on Wed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:02

Alevon smiles and looks at Maya in the doorway of their room
"Ready?"
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:06

"I suppose so." He sighed, before looking at Gabrielle. "The company seems good enough; though I can't really say I have much of an appetite."

Udo's intrest returned to his leg as he decided to try standing on its. With his cane and some help from the bed frame, Udo worked his way back to his feet. He took a deep breath before putting weight on his leg; he had expected it, but was still surprised as the small amount of weight quicly proved too much. It caused his weak leg to buckle at the knees causing him to stumble.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:08

TK awakened but didn't move from Videor's grip. She held him tightly as tears flowed down her face.

Maybe I shouldn't force everyone to come...maybe its selfish...even though the intention is good....
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:12

Gabrielle's eyes widened as she saw him stumble. Quickly jumping off the bed, she went and pulled him up again. "Are you okay, Udo?"
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:23

Udo reluctantly accepted her help as he sat back on the bed.
"I'm alright." He said with a laugh, slightly embarrassed. "Leave it to me to find my limits on a whim."

He worked his way back to his feet again, this time relying of the cane for strength, rather than just balance. "I'll just have to strengthen it some. What better time to start than now."
Udo planned on walking around the base until the group was ready to go; the first of many excersises. He offered an extended hand to Gabrielle. "Join me?"
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:30

"Yeah." the young woman happily accepted his invitation. Something about Udo made her want to stay with him. She was already planning how she could get to sit next to him at the restaurant, and displayed a very faint grin. She was such a dirty gal.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:38

Ariel rubbed her temples, feeling a bad headache coming on. There was no way she was going out. She pulled out her cellphone and sent TK a quick message.

"Sorry, I feel like crap. I can't go."
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:55

TK felt her phone buzz in her jacket and took it out, after reading the text her heart sank but she replied, "Alright...I don't want to force anyone to come anyway...."

TK sighed and dropped the phone back in her jacket pocket. She really wanted her best friend to come along, but something made her stomach churn, she was going through this to the bitter end. Whatever happens she'd tell her best friend afterwards.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 15:59

Udo called across the room to TK and the others as he led Gabrielle out of the room.
"We will be going as well. Let us know when you are ready; we'll be around."

Udo hobbled slowly down the hall; still getting used to going from such sturdy support as the stone to the frail form now. He put virtually no weight on the leg itself, yet moving the leg against it's own weight was theraputic in itself. After a ackwardly silient moment for Udo to practice his mobility, his focus returned to Gabrielle and France.
"Do you expect much trouble from your Uncle?" He asked. In the least, he wanted to size him up before hand, should a conflict occur. He intended to do what he could to give Gabrielle the security she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:01

TK's ear twitched when she heard Udo's voice. She said nothing, for how he had left her in his hotel, she had nothing to say to him. TK sunk her face in Videor's neck and cried.

Alright Ariel....I get it now.....
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:09

Gabrielle looked forward, dodging his gaze. "I don't know, really." She closed her eyes and sighed. "Just so I don't confuse you, he's not the bad guy here. He'll just know I'm there as soon as I come back to France. That shadow-omniscient-watchdog thingy, you know, it's a trick he uses to keep the city safe, it kinda rubbed off on me. He's part of the Alpha Guard." It made things much more interesting to note that he wasn't part of the main police branch, the Honor Guard.

She pursed her lips, thinking of more to say. "Did you know France had the strongest anti-Alpha military in the world during World-War Three?" Assuming it was general knowledge, she continued. "Still is, in fact. Well, it's not anti-Alpha now, but in case of an attack, you know. I know this stuff. You see, I know some stuff I'm not supposed to about France. I can go to jail if they ever discover it was leaked."

She smiled a little sinisterly. "And I'm definitely spilling the beans if I get caught by the opposing party. My uncle knows I'm dangerous. It's why he wants me under his thumb." She kept her own safety before that of others. Torture was quite the big deal to her; because of her weak spirit she would give in at the slightest uncomfortable situation.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:12

Nicole woke up from her brother's bed, automatically going to bathroom.

"I wonder where Emir is, probably wasted... She thought, chuckling as she prepared to make her hair into two seperate buns.

Emir was asleep on the couch, a box of empty beer cans and one in his hand, wear his "hitman" suit. He had a hunch that they would go somewhere to eat, preferably Italian food.

(man sucks typing in a iPhone. Makes me rage.)

Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:18

[EDIT]
"You just have to remain low-key, somehow." Udo replied, though it would realy depend on what her uncle would do with her return.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:24

Gabrielle gazed down sadly. "Easy for you to say."

She shocked herself when she realized she might've said something offensive. "I'm sorry," she apologized just as quickly. For some reason, the lump in her throat just wouldn't go away. "I'm just feeling pressured."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:27

TK eased her head up from Videor's neck and watched the door to the base. She wanted to know if what she felt was right, she wanted to tell Ariel everything, and she wanted closure. As TK breathed, the air around everyone would be dense and heavy, her tears dried from the force but she kept the breathing steady. Her heart pounded in her chest, for right now, Maya and Alevon were the least of her worries.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:35

Udo removed the proverbial foot from his mouth before looking at Gabrielle with an appologetic gaze.
"Don't appologize. I'm the one making light of your situation. I appologize."
He looked over with a kind smile. "Just leave it to me. Whether Alpha Guard or Honor Gaurd, if they come for you, they'll have to go through me. For what solace that offers."

Udo looked away, unsure of his own over-confidence; still, he meant what he said.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:47

Maya smiled, hooking his arm in hers as she replied,"Yup."

Videor just held TK, still stroking her head. He was unsure why she was crying now, but wold leave questions for later. For now, he'll just hold her, and she'll tell on her own time...
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:49

I can't take this anymore.

Gabrielle tugged at Udo's sleeve, trying to get his attention. Once she locked her eyes into his, she said, attempting to not have her voice break, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart." She grinded her teeth together. "Really. I'm so glad you're doing this for me." It was very unlike Gabrielle to just directly thank somebody like that. She was a little disappointed in her word choice. It sounded fake.

She blinked for a long time. Finally, she gave in to what she had been wanting to do for a long time, and got on her toes as much as possible, despite the heels. Was he really taller than her? the faintest trace of a smirk appeared as she planted a kiss on his lips.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010 - 16:50

Alevon smiles back and would then walk with Maya to where they were supposed to meet everyone, arm in hers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next