Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chapter 3 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 3   Chapter 3 EmptyMon 5 Jul 2010 - 14:43

Chapter 3

For the next thirty minutes the group sat in the AAV and just talked. Though the person talking the most was Kate. Mike had taken his chair in the passenger seat in the front, just listening and only pitching in a comment every once an awhile, though none of them were that nice of comments. Jessica also just sat and listened as she couldn't speak, and Sam was busy with the modifications. But she sometimes joined in the conversation. As for Tim, he hardly said anything as he just watched and listened to Kate. Kate was just perfect in every way, her looks, her intelligence, her kindness. Each of them perfect... Her life was even perfect, as before enlisting she worked as a nurse, and a flower shop owner before that. She was going to spend the money she was getting from this on buying a new flower shop, as the one she owned in New York was rather small. Tim shared a story every once and awhile, but it never seemed to come out right... Kate was so much better at telling a story then he was.

But now was not the time to think of that, as in the middle of Tim's story about his aspirations a large man walked into the room, his body full of muscled and his head clean shaven as he made his way to the group. Kate whispered to Tim quickly that the man was Kenneth, our squad leader. Tim had to internally admit, he was a bit intimidated.

Kenneth joined the group by the AAV entrance as he replied,"Good afternoon everyone, I see that our last two squad members made it?"

"Yes Ken, we've already had time to talk as well." Kate replied, smiling and hugging Kenneth,"So, how did the briefing go?"

Ken allowed her to hug him as he replied,"Ugh... It's a simple mission, but I feel it makes no sense..." Ken replied, shaking his head as Kate let go of him,"We're to simply make our way slowly to Moscow, writing out a map of the path we take... I say it makes no sense though, as we have satellite photos of the area... But... Ugh... Orders are orders I suppose..."

Ken then looked at everyone in the group as they were looking at him now,"We leave tomorrow. Everyone should get a good nights rest and be set by 6 am. Good night everyone." Ken would just walk out at this, pulling out a stack of papers from his pack as he started to read on the way out.

Tim and Mike glanced at each other as for once, no comment escaped from Mike's lips as he just sighed, stood, and walked out. Everyone else was doing the same as Jessica was the next to leave, with Sam packing her stuff away. Kate stood up to leave as Tim still sat there, watching her go. Kate turned around at the door as she looked at Tim and said,"Sleep well Tim..." Before leaving.

"Yeah... Sleep well..." Tim replied slowly, standing up as well as he looked towards the ceiling, thinking about Kate.

From behind him Tim heard Sam say,"Hey Tim, come over here a second." Tim walked over, wondering what she wanted to tell him, but before he could even begin to wonder she had him by the collar as she said directly to his face,"Alright, I saw how you and Kate looked at each other, I know what's going on, and I'm fine with it. But if you do anything to hurt that girl, I'll kick your ass..." Sam then let go as she smiled and said,"Hope things go well for you though for your sake."

Tim was a little shaky from that but said goodnight to her as he slowly made his way to his room.

It wasn't that hard to find his room, and it was much like his old room back at the training facility. This time though it was single bed, and Mike was nowhere in sight. Tim was really grateful for that as he just threw off his shirt and slipped under the covers, thinking about everything that will happen tomorrow. He thought about the mission, if he would get hurt, what he's learned, the squad... And Kate... Tim thought of Kate most of all... Would she get hurt? Is she really the one? How does she think of Tim? The longer he thought about it, the worse he felt... Every moment brought him closer to assuring himself that this perfect girl would not like a man like Tim...

Tim was shocked from his thoughts as there was a light knock at the door. At this point Tim had almost expected Mike to intrude on everything he does, so Tim simply said,"Come on in, door's open." But the person who walked through the door was not Mike... But Kate. Tim was glad the lights were off as he covered himself up, Kate replying,"Tim, is it alright if we talk for awhile?" Tim sat up at this point, not caring if his shirt was off as he swallowed hard, and said yes before swinging his legs off the bed, letting her sit on the bed with him.

"Thank you Tim..." Kate replied, she wasn't smiling at this point, which made Tim sad as well. Then she continued,"Tim, I've been thinking about the mission... And well, I'm scared... We don't know what we could find, and the rumors are that the Russians are preparing to nuke America! If we were to find something like that... I-" Tim stopped her there with a hug.

"I'm scared too Kate... But we're all in this together. There's nothing we can do but fight through this together..." Tim didn't know why he hugged Kate, but he was glad he did... Kate hugged Tim back as she leaned on his shoulder.

"Tim... I have something to ask you..." Kate replied, not looking at him as she laid on his shoulder.

"Yes Kate?" Tim asked, with his arm now around her, holding her closer.

"When you saw me... Did you see, a spark?" Kate asked, her eyes now penetrating into his.

Tim's heart started beating faster as he just looked back at her, then she continued,"When I first saw you... My heart leapt... And I could of sworn I saw sparks... Sparks of..." She stopped for a moment as she held him closer, saying quietly,"Love..."

Tim just sat there looking at her for a moment before smiling and hugging her harder as he whispered into her ear,"I saw fireworks..." At that comment Kate started to giggle, which made Tim start to laugh, and within moments they were both laughing together in the darkness of Tim's room.

After they were done laughing Kate hugged Tim once more as they just sat there in the dark. But there was one thought shared between the two that neither dared to say aloud,"What if they get hurt?"

The two laid down together in Tim's bed, their bodies warming each other as they dozed to sleep. In another room close by a groan could be heard as Mike lays back down on his bed, closing up the hole as he replied aloud to himself,"Love huh? Poor guy, love's just something that holds you back. But he'll learn." Mike then went to bed as well, leaving the two lovers unaware of his spying.

The next day Tim woke up to Kate's face in front of him, her eyes slowly opening as she smiled, resting her forehead against his.

"Good morning Tim..." Kate quietly replied.

"Good morning Kate..." Tim said back, wanting to kiss her, but didn't feel now was the time.

They both got out of bed as Tim got a clean shirt on, Kate patiently waiting for him at the door. As Tim finished and grabbed his stuff he went to the door, smiling at Kate.

"Alright, well I just need to grab my things." Kate replied, looking away for a moment before advancing on Tim and giving him a light kiss on the lips,"I'll see you at the ship, alright?" She then went out of the door, pausing to say good morning to Mike before walking down the hallway.

Mike just walked into Tim's room to see him stunned from what Kate did, smiling as he said,"So, Kate huh?"

Tim shook his head lightly as he looked at Mike and said,"Yes, Kate. What of it?"

Mike put his hands up in his defense as he said,"Nothing nothing, I'm just saying." Mike looked Tim up and down as he put his hands down, saying,"Well you aren't glowing. So you didn't fuck her huh?"

"Mike!" Tim yelled in frustration, pushing him aside as he left his room, walking down the hallway,"I only just met her!"

Mike followed behind with his stuff as he replied,"So? You two still got pretty close last night from what saw."

Tim stopped and turned around, glaring at Mike as he yelled,"You spied on us!" Tim honestly felt like beating the crap out of Mike now.

"Yeah, but I have to say, it was quite boring. I mean, sparks? Honestly... What a dumb concept..." Mike replied rather calmly as Tim threw a punch towards his head, Mike swerving to the side, tripping Tim to the ground,"Now now, no need to get angry with you. You can have your love."

Tim was not done with Mike though... He's been an ass for too long...Tim stood as he dropped his pack on the ground, putting up his fists as he looked at Mike in anger. Mike just laughed as he dropped his pack as well, putting his arms out as he waited for Tim. Tim took his chance as he charged at Mike, tackling him directly to the ground, wailing hit upon hit on his head. Mike recovered quickly though as he snatched at his hand, twisting it and tossing Tim off. Mike stood as Tim was on the ground, and made to step on his head, but he was lifted into the air by his shirt, along with Tim. Ken was holding them both in the air.

"Morning you two... Having an issue are we?" Ken asked, facing them both toward each other.

"No Ken. No problems." Mike said rather easily as he replied,"We were just sparring in the hallway is all."

Ken shook his head as he stated,"I already know that that's a lie, but we don't have time for this. So both of you will apologize and get going, as we'll be with each other for awhile, so we can't start fighting now." Ken puts them both down as he starts walking,"But I can't deal with you two now, so one of you kill each other, or lets go." Tim and Mike just briefly looked at each other, Tim being the only angry one as Mike wipes his nose of blood.

"Have to say, you landed some decent hits, but I don't think I'll bruise." Mike replied, now following after Ken as he wiped the small amount of blood on Tim's shirt. This still made Tim angry, but he had more to think about now... So Tim picked up his pack, and followed after. Tim had no idea how the mission would go, but he hoped for the best...

Word Count: 1913
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

Chapter 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3   Chapter 3 EmptyMon 5 Jul 2010 - 15:18

Interesting...

(Interesting cuz I remember a conversation recently and after I read all of this, I dunno why but it was kind of like an enforcer...about something.)
Back to top Go down

Chapter 3
Page 1 of 1