Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 2   Chapter 2 EmptySun 20 Jun 2010 - 19:08

Chapter 2

The next week had to be the most boring and painful week of Tim's life... Tim would wake up every morning to Mike's voice, telling him to rise and shine and all that crap... Mike has been going through Tim's stuff often, usually to take a shirt or just to piss Tim off. What probably annoyed Tim the most though was the fact that every time he went in to get his 'training' he came out feeling like crap... Mike on the other hand was just fine. He just loved to make fun of Tim because of his motion sickness... But it wasn't all bad, Tim and Mike learned quite a bit about each other, and enjoyed talking about pretty much anything. Mike just had a knack for pushing Tim's buttons. The one thing they didn't discuss in great detail though was the training... It was honestly just like having to share memories with something that knows what it's doing.

Other then training there wasn't really much to do besides eat, sleep, talk, and visit the weight room. Though honestly, Tim only visited there to run on the treadmill a bit, otherwise everyone else there made him feel inferior in upper body strength... Besides, Mike didn't visit there at all, so it was a great place to hide.

Thinking about it though, Tim actually didn't learn too much about Mike. Tim understood that he wasn't some retard, he just kept to himself usually... Unless he was stealing Tim's clothes again... But all in all, Mike wasn't a terrible person, he just took sensitive things too light hearted in Tim's opinion.

Both of them finished their last day of training, Tim was glad that it was finally over... But then of course something unexpected happened. Most of the people were given orders at this point to be transferred to another facility for live combat training. As for Tim? He was apparently being shipped right away. This made Tim instantly nervous, as he didn't think they were going to war, but that was about the time he was reminded of his job... reconnaissance. Tim was equipped with all he needed. A pack of rations and other such supplies, a light vest which didn't look like it'd defend against a knife, some camouflage, a .22 pistol and bullets, and a tablet... Tim questioned the reason for the tablet at first, but he was told that it goes under his tongue, and if he were captured he was to swallow it. Tim knew what would happen next, and hoped that he would never have to use it...

With his gear set Tim made his way towards the plane he was supposed to take, before he was stopped at the gate for the shots he'll need to get into Russia. He got three shots, but only one of them burned slightly as they injected it. But Tim just ignored it as he hauled himself and his stuff onto the small plane.

As he put his stuff away he took a seat by the window and looked around quickly. There weren't many people on the plane, and they were all pretty much spread out. He didn't recognize any of them. Tim just shakily sighed as he looked out the window.

Geez... What did I get myself into... Only a week and I'm already going into combat? Tim thought nervously as he squirmed in his seat a little. Tim then felt a pair of hands lift him from his seat and put him on the walkway seat as he was startled and almost hit the person. Tim decided that he probably should have... Mike was now sitting at the window seat, his hands behind his head as he grinned at Tim.

"Called it." Mike said laughing at this.

Tim just pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed, looking at him and smiling as he replied,"I suppose you did. So... You're being shipped too?"

"Yeeeah. Kind of sucks though. Was hoping they'd make me stay behind. You know, do some computer work." Mike said, pushing the seat back now.

Mike worked a lot with computers before this, though what he exactly did he wouldn't tell me. Apparently it was on a 'Need to Know' basis. That irritated Tim a bit, as he felt as room mates he'd share what he did for a living.

"Honestly I just came for the college money... I didn't think I'd actually be shipped out though..." Tim sighed as he sat in his chair, awaiting the plane to go.

"Well that's life for you. Set up a plan and it skull fucks it." Mike said with a straight face, looking out the window.

Tim was silent for a moment before he turned to Mike and said,"You know, I never asked, but why did you join the army?"

Mike just shook his head as he quietly said,"I had no choice..."

Tim was going to ask what he meant by this, but that's when the plane started to go. As the plane gained altitude Tim could feel his stomach lurching as he felt he was going to throw up. Then something landed on his lap as Tim noticed around seven paper bags on his lap.

"Thought you'd need em." Mike commented, smiling a bit.

Tim would have thanked him, but he was interrupted and instead used the first bag.

The trip took about 20 hours... Tim slept most of the way as his stomach could hardly bear it... They had to stop in New York, and though Mike wanted him to eat something, Tim would just lose it on the plane trip anyway... Mike spent most of his trip on a laptop he had with him, and though at first Tim was interested in what he was doing, Tim just had too much of a headache to ask...

Once the trip was finally done they all landed at another facility that was supposed to be several hundred miles from Moscow. Tim and Mike left out together, entering the base as Mike headed to the desk.

"Hey, we're the new transfers." Mike pointed out to the woman at the desk, though Tim felt his tone was rather rude.

The woman just smiled at him and,"Yes, of course. Now, what are both of your names?"

"Tim Xagon." Tim said as his head and stomach started to settle.

"Mike." Was all Mike said.

"Full name please, 'Mike'" The woman asked, looking at him.

"I'm the only Mike here, so I don't see a point. Now where do we need to go?

The woman shook her head as she said,"Please head to hanger 7, your squad is waiting for each of you and you will have your first orders given to you in a moment."

"Thanks." Mike said as he already started walking down, Tim following behind them.

The base itself though was rather... Dull... The base was mostly set up as a bunker, with reinforced walls everywhere they went. The only color they saw was gray, which was pretty damn boring to look at as they searched for hanger 7... They finally found the door to hanger 7 as they walked in, the sound of an acoustic playing in the air. Whoever was playing it was doing a really good job too, as it instantly called Tim down.

Inside they noticed several large, what looked like AAV's... Tim had no idea what they actually were though. At the back door of one of the vehicles there sat a woman in about her mid 20's, with long blond hair rolling down her back, and all her focus on the acoustic in her lap as she played. The music was magnificent... But her beauty was astounding. Her figure was perfect, her face was flawless... She looked absolutely wonderful...

Mike then gave Tim a light slap to the back of the head as he said,"Stop gaping and lets go talk."

That annoyed Tim, mostly because he didn't see a good reason for him to be slapped. Aside from that woman though there was another girl sitting on top of the AAV, polishing a high caliber rifle she had on her lap. She looked about the same age as the other woman, but the scars and stress on her face made her seem a lot older. The woman had strong arms and dark brown hair braided behind her. She looked in his direction and he felt a chill as he looked back in those dark brown pits. Tim felt that this woman could, and probably would kill him if told to.

As Tim and Mike finally made it to them the woman with the acoustic smiled and looked up at Tim, her emerald eyes sparkling as she said in the nicest voice,"Why hello there, am I to assume you two are also with us?"

Tim couldn't seem to open his mouth as he looked at her eyes, good thing he had Mike with him...

"Yup, I'm Mike and this is Tim. We just got here a few minutes ago." Mike said, putting his arm around Tim, just to have it shoved off moments later,"So, what are both of your names?"

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mike, Tim." the woman said, nodding her head to each of them,"My name is Katelyn, though you can just call me Kate if you want." Kate then paused for a moment before she looked up to the other woman,"As for her she can't speak, but her tags say that her name is Jessica."

Jessica looked away from both of them as she continued cleaning.

"Huh... So Kate and Jess." Mike said, getting a sour look from Jessica as he started to laugh,"Alright, well I'm glad we've become acquainted, but there's still two more people to wait for."

"Hm?" Tim questioned, looking at Mike.

"Yeah, there are six people in our squad. I checked while we were on the plane." Mike said proudly as he sat in the AAV.

"That's a pretty neat skill you have, Oh!" Kate replied, sounding impressed, before she put her guitar down and replied,"There is someone else here, though she's been working on the tank all day."

From under the AAV a head rolled out from underneath as a woman's face is seen. She was a little dirty and had a bandanna on, covering her mess of brown hair. She then replied,"Kate, I already told you, it's a Amphibious Assault Vehicle, one of the best in its kind. NOT a tank." She then looked at the men upside down as she said,"So, we got 2 more guys with us huh? Well I'm Sam. I heard your names already so no need to repeat. Now, let me work." She then slid back under the AAV.

"Well then, Kate, Sam, and Jess huh? I don't think I'll have an issue remembering tho- Ow!" Mike was interrupted by a bolt bouncing off his head from Jessica throwing it at him, a look of satisfaction on her face.

"Hey! Better not lose any of those bolts you guys or I'll kick your ass!" Sam could be heard yelling from underneath the vehicle.

"Fine fine..." Mike replied, picking the bolt up and putting it back on top of the AAV as he said,"Jessica it is then..."

It has only been 5 minutes and he could already tell he was going to like this group. Though in all honestly, he knew from the moment he saw Kate...

Word Count: 19201

Last edited by bestdragon3 on Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 23:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2   Chapter 2 EmptySun 20 Jun 2010 - 23:41

4th chapter, "Both of them finished their last day of training, Tim glad that it was finally over... " missing a word Razz

And awwwwww love at first site, Tim and Kate!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2   Chapter 2 EmptySun 20 Jun 2010 - 23:46

Indeed^^ Glad you liked it Wink
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2   Chapter 2 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2010 - 1:20

Is it me, or it's just Tasha actually commenting on your stories? I just don't have time to read them sadly. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2   Chapter 2 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2010 - 7:47

Lol, I'm really commenting on his stories, I really like them <3
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2   Chapter 2 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2010 - 12:02

Yeah I know she's really commenting on them Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2   Chapter 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2
Page 1 of 1