Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mine Mind Meandering

Go down 
+6
Bestdragon3
Zentaku
Swindle11
TSDZ_President
Day of Light
The Wanderer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 2:50

Pussies
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2014 - 10:53

That moment when you realize that you dressed for the day in all black... completely by accident
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2014 - 12:25

I've done that before. I've also accidentally dressed as Walmart and Target employees before as well
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 20:32

My anatomy instructor: If you sign this list to be a GTA, you will be forced to participate by blood oath

Me: ...good luck trying to force a blood oath out of someone who doesn't have blood.

Also, apparently I have very prominent sternocleomastoid muscles; i freaked out the people in my group when i flexed them. either that, or they are weenies
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014 - 9:30

Given the increased sensitivity in her hands, alma is surprisingly good at picking locks
Alma only knows the eye color of the people that she is very close to. in the beginning that probably includes Shade and that is about it, but that changes as the series goes on. Alma might even comment on this

Hair like oil

Rachel Adams
Dropkick Priest
Bartholomew Black

Are there any drugs that make the skin hypersensitive?

Demon Lotus
Necrophial

A mysterious figure wanders the earth granting terrible gifts of deific powers to mortals

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 9:50

That moment when you notice that you share a lot of courses with certain people, and you can't decide if they are stalking you or you just share the same major

Actually, it is really easy: I am not interesting enough for someone to stalk me
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 17:21

Me: *walks into study room*
*notices trash can*
Tough Guy? Those used to be Brute trash cans

*stops*
*thinks*

...why the fuck do i remember that?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 12:28

I always wondered why people talk about blood 'in their veins'
why veins?
what about arteries? or capillaries?

Then I considered: at any given time, about 65% of the blood in the body is contained within the veins

Maybe that explains it, maybe it doesn't
Just something to consider
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 13:36

Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 13:44

Most people are not aware of the different types and classifications of blood vessels. Saying "in my blood vessels" is not catchy. Most people think that if it has blood circulating in it, it's a vein. "in my veins" is catchy.

I'm curious, why is it 65% and not like 50%? Does the blood spend longer coming back to the heart than it does going out of it?
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 17:10

Mostly because of the way the vessels are designed
When blood leaves the heart, the arteries have fairly thin lumen, due to the fact that the pressure generated by the heart itself propels it throughout the body
However, all of that pressure is lost once it hits the capillary beds. When the blood enters the veins, there is no backward force driving it along and keeping it going. What actually drives the blood through the veins is muscle contraction. Much like squeezing out of a tube of toothpaste, the pressure of the muscles on the walls of the veins forces blood back up to the heart bit by bit. Also, to prevent the blood from running back down the vein when the pressure is released due to muscle relaxation, the veins are designed with one-way valves. blood flows up, but can't flow back down.
This is, partially, why so much of the blood is stored in the veins: it takes longer for the blood to get back to the heart than it does to get away from it. Also adding to this is the fact that the heart can only pump so much blood at a time.

So then the question becomes 'how are we even alive if it takes so long for the blood to come back to the heart?'
Easy: the body doesn't need 100% of the blood 100% of the time. if it did, our hearts literally could not pump fast enough to keep it moving. for that matter we could never stop moving for fear of not getting the blood to and from the heart.
the body is built in such a way that it only needs as much blood as the heart can pump. So much of the blood stays in the veins because it needs to. More importantly, it is in the veins that the blood actually goes through the liver, the kidneys, and the spleen in order to filter toxins, receive hormones, and what have you.

I am probably forgetting something, but if i remember I'll jot it down
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 17:18

Remembering back to Alice: Madness returns, and the Red Queen on/being her throne

Suddenly has image of character fighting an enemy like that, and defeating it, only for the throne itself to grab the character and assimilate them.
On the plus side, you now have an awesome, living throne and are the fucking queen
Downside: you never get to leave your throne. Ever. Again.

for that matter, you can't leave the throne room, i'm pretty sure, much less the castle
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 22:41

There is a word for the post-rain smell: “Petrichor”
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 21:32

blurb for those who don't know: when people snort drugs, it isn't so it goes 'straight to the brain' but rather because the nasal conchae are highly vascularized, and the dense system of capillaries there allows the narcotics to diffuse quickly through the membrane and reach the rest of the circulatory system faster than pretty much any other vein in the body
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 14:02

I have a Staple Guy in my Psych Stats class

this man carries a Full Sized Stapler in his backpack at all times

people have been borrowing it all semester because they keep forgetting to staple their papers before class
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 18:01

Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 Tumblr_n7k92hWMij1tbv18wo3_1280

Last edited by TSDZ_President on Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 20:57

I have a stapler; a mini. I take it out and strategically place it on top of my stuff when it is time to submit papers.

People love me.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 11:54

Does anyone else have days when you are really wired for no reason at all?

like you haven't done anything to warrant it, but you just have this incredible store of energy that you need to burn Right Fucking Now
so you just start moving around, first walking, and then jogging and running up steps, just because you can?

Because I have had two such instances within the past month, and it is a really weird feeling
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 14:30

Yes. Monday and Tuesday this week have been the easiest mornings of my life. I've been chipper, happy, well-rested and ready to face the world. I was doing all of my shit on time, very quick, very productive. My college is an 8-story building and I go from underground metro level to 3rd floor to 7th floor on a regular basis: I didn't take any elevators this week. It was fucking amazing, I felt like I'd been cured from despondency after long time suffering...

And then I had to crash on Wednesday and slowcrawl on Thursday.

You get all these weird feelings in college, I've noticed: I like to think it's secretly just your mind telling you there's a 0.01% chance you'll die or go crazy before finishing your education. It's a small chance but your brain is a paranoid hypochondriac. Your brain knows.

Your brain is preparing. I think.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 9:55

Iiiiiiii would believe it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 19:59

I hate those moments when I know I need food, I want food, my body is telling me to get food

but i put it off

because nothing sounds appetizing, everything sounds like shit, and i can't even force myself to spend money on food

Also: due to end of semester bullshit, don't expect to hear much from me for about the next week or so
just saying
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014 - 4:12

Hoooooollyyyyyy Shit

Okay, before I elaborate on that, don't ever do what I just did

*inhales*
I put off my online class
and kept putting it off
until finally, it is the day before it is due to disappear from existence, and I would fail

Oh, I got it done
at 3 in the morning
after working on it nonstop for 14 hours

so yeah, I will hopefully pass that class
but fuck

Don't
EVER
do something that stupid

Oookay, going home now. with any luck I will stay conscious long enough to make it home
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014 - 4:13

I have put off tumblr this entire week to work on school projects
...I am kind of scared to go back now

gently opens tumblr door
immediately buried under a fucking mountain of posts
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 13:27

ooh, what is your tumblr? If you post on it and etc. I'd like to follow you.

You could follow me as well, but if it's not your thing that's fine; my non-art personal tumblr is gross. It has penises and nipples in it.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 17:16

*shrugs* why not *clicks follow button*

and feel free to follow me if you want; there's no real theme to my dash. It's just whatever interests me at the time. If you look back through enough posts you will probably see distinct sections of themes

http://jadedemilich.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mine Mind Meandering   Mine Mind Meandering - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mine Mind Meandering
Page 8 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next