Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Limits of Devotion

Go down 
+2
Day of Light
Bestdragon3
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2010 - 21:18

"Such as?"
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2010 - 21:25

"Well they say that Spirit Domain followers can defy death, as well as mind control. But other then that it's just ghost stories..."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2010 - 21:27

Zentaku looks over, "None can escape death except for death itself they can only run from it for a moments reprieve."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2010 - 21:29

"That is untrue Zentaku, and you will learn that soon enough."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2010 - 21:54

"I see, Michael, then?" Conani walked to the library looking for Michael, not really waiting for them to catch up, found the young boy at the corner of her eye. Standing at the doorway, she motioned for him shyly and put the circlet on the tip of her fingers, lifting it up so he could see it, however having her back hide it from any possible passerby in the hallway.

"Can you examine this for me?" she asked flatly.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2010 - 21:55

Zentaku follows Conani curiously, "Hmm? examine what?"
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2010 - 10:34

Michael quickly rips it from Conani's hand as he exclaims,"Wow! Where did you find this!" Michael then begins looking at the entire thing and stops at the symbol, rubbing his finger on it,"There's no Mind Crystal... That may be an issue..."

((Your characters know what these are. There are crystals for every domain, each of them made by those of the specific domain. It requires an extreme amount of power from the user, and if you happen to succeed and weren't powerful enough then the crystal absorbs your life force in the process. These crystals were highly sought for and made in your home underground because they were able to focus the power of those holding them to make those of that domain more powerful. It also allows those that aren't of that domain that hold it to do minor abilities. You understood that your leader underground had several of these such crystals.))
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2010 - 14:37

"Does she have any combat abilities?" Nosro asked.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2010 - 15:00

Conani didn't hide her surprise and then her disappointment. She pondered for a few seconds and turned to Zentaku. "Remember the circlet?" she asked him. "Now we know what's missing." She sighed. "Michael, do you know what such an artifact usually gives you and if there's a place where we can haphazardly find a Mind Crystal?"

She paused. "I found--well, an associate found--it in a graveyard near the last city were in."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2010 - 17:04

"Well then that person is either really nice or wanted you dead... You see, these artifacts are powerful on there own and are a great enhancement to your current abilities, but without the crystal it produces some negative effect... But I haven't been able to study the artifacts as closely as I am now. As for where you can get a mind crystal, you can probably find it in a devoted town. There's always a few hiding around the landscape. The only other way would be to make it... And I only know one Mind Domain strong enough to do so..." Michael shudders at this as he examines the circlet closer,"Well if you don't mind I'll try and learn what I can from this artifact. I'll give it back before you head out though."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2010 - 17:29

Zentaku looks at Conani, "Don't even think about trying to make one yourself..."

thoughts: "She is strong in her powers and could probably succeed... but that is far to risky..."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2010 - 17:55

"I won't," she admitted. "Not now. We're not in a position to do so." She straightened her back, realizing she'd been slouching, and gave a meaningless look around the library.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2010 - 17:58

Zentaku just watches her and thinks, "Conani looks so cute the way she leans over like that when she thinks no one is looking... oh right she can hear me..." Zentaku promptly smacks his own forehead with the palm of his hand.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 7:30

Nosro walked into the other room, knowing it would take hours of tedious examination to kill or defeat the spirit witch without a squad of elite devils.

He walked into the other room, hiding his surprise at the crystal.

"Did you get that from the pale master? Speaking about that... Where did we put him?"
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 12:42

(Not a crystal Razz It was the circlet Razz)
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 12:53

"Yes, it was the pale master," Conani replied. She wondered about how little time it took Nosro to go to Bel's place and back. Wordlessly she pulled the inanimate skull from the bag and eyed it pityingly. "I don't know what it got him. Then again he can probably just be sleeping."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 16:46

As Conani touches the skull she notices that the skull has no thoughts. From your contact you can tell that it is now just a lifeless skull.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 17:12

Zentaku walks over, "I am guessing he is most likely dead again from entering this domain... after all he came from necromancy and they have already told me they have barriers in place to prevent such effects in here limiting my power as well as I assume killing him."

thinks: "Sorry Conani he is gone."
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 18:14

There goes plan B.

The trouble Nosro had with the witch wasn't finding her. On his walks in the streets, he concluded there was only 1 logical general area to the east where she could hide out of general view from the city, a hill networked area. The trouble was knowing her abilities. If the spirit domain could only produce dolls, then she would be easy to kill. If she could do more, she would be harder to kill. Reading the document he grabbed from Bel's palace, he concluded that with it, he could rally a few devils..... as long as he looked like one of them...

"Michael, have any books on domains?" Nosro asked.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 19:36

"Why yes, I have books on every domain known on this plane." Michael replies, proud of himself.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 19:42

"Could I please see them, then." Nosro asked.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 19:55

Zentaku, "ha the only book I need is this one here... " *pulls out a book (the only one he has) and opens it... it then begins screaming at him in pain as something moves out of it trying to grab him. Zentaku quickly closes the book throws it at a wall and yells, "WHAT THE HALL WAS I READING WHEN THOSE GUYS WERE IN CONTROL!" (thought we needed a joke Razz)
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 20:19

Conani hunched her shoulders and giggled. Not a lot of literary taste they had, did they? She quickly regained seriousness, though. "It's a pity the Pale Master isn't here, I should ask him a couple of questions..." She stared at a height two inches above her eyebrows towards a bookshelf.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 20:26

Zentaku creeps over to the book he through and pokes it cautiously.
(btw great new sig Hinaoki Wink)

thinking: "I forgot everything I read in this... will it try to eat me?...gotta be careful..."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010 - 20:31

"I am pretty certain a book of that caliber doesn't eat people." Conani shamelessly revealed Zentaku's concerns. "So do you actually remember what the book was about, or don't remember anything at all about it?" She looked at his face blankly. "You can take those bandages off, right?"

((Disregard the comment if you had already taken them off and I forgot.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Limits of Devotion   The Limits of Devotion - Page 41 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Limits of Devotion
Page 41 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next