Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The UnHonorable War

Go down 
+6
JadeDemilich
Day of Light
Bestdragon3
Shadow Fox
NeoDrac54
The Wanderer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

The UnHonorable War - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 13:31

First Rob would turn off his radio noticing the honor guard passing by. Then Rob would have the appropriate response to someone magicing his way into his car in a way that he had no explanation for the mechanics of, an oddity in his current life.
"HOLY SHI- uh, my life, I'd like to live please. There are guns in the trunk if that matters, magic man."

Last edited by Zentaku on Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 17:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 14:11

The inside of the bus was quiet, save for murmurs of conversation here and there. The patter of rain on the roof of the bus had an acute calming effect on Leena, reminding her of relaxing at home on stormy mornings. Her life might be shot, but at present the world seemed to be at peace.

That made it all the more jarring when an Honor Guard zoomed past them.
Leena lurched forward, a bit unnaturally, trying to get a better look, hoping her subconscious was playing tricks on her. Mike's statement, that they'd been compromised, only confirmed her fear, but he'd said he would figure something out, so she took that as a sign to get a grip. She sat up straight, tightened her control once more.

when she came back to attention, Mike seemed...different. she couldn't put her finger on it. He also wasn't paying attention to where he was going. Oh god he's not even driving, we are going to cra- ...we're not crashing. Why aren't we crashing?

When Mike spoke, he didn't speak like Mike had before, and spoke of Mike as if her were another person. Leena wasn't completely sure she liked this change of events

"I take it then that you are not Mike? where has he gone?"
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 14:51

To Aaron those were the right choice of words and that sated his subtle anger towards her. He smiled and leaned his head against the window and stared out at the rain, contemplating about where he was now and how things have changed. He thought about his life up to here.

Memories are the only thing that keeps him going. Although some would have given up by now. Aaron kept fighting, even as a teenager he acted much older then he was. This was because of his sister and how much she influenced him. Their parents died when Aaron was still a kid so his sister raised him herself.

He was shaken from his thoughts when he heard Mike cuss and he slowly looked up at the drivers seat to see Mike get up and explain that the Honor Guard had found them. Aaron stood up, but then sat back down. He wanted to fight them but this man probably know how best to handle this situation. He looked at the girl he called Val and wondered what powers she contained that he wanted to use.

The teen was useless in a car chase, not only could he not drive, but his abilities wouldn't allow for car to bus combat. Maybe if they got on the bus he could fight since he was best at close range. Or perhaps riding on a motorcycle with someone else at the wheel. So he sat back slightly pouting at his uselessness.
Back to top Go down
Niv
Niv

Random : white people.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 16:07

Xains cheerful smile blissful atmosphere turned sour at the mention of the potential combat about to ignite.
Looking to his one hand and his slowly growing collection of scars and broken skin he casually turns to glance at the bus full of overwhelming aura. Trying to see which among them potentially had the greatest ability. However the auras mushed together from the cramped accommodation and made it difficult to tell where one began and another ended.

Putting his hand on the window sill he shrugs saying "I would assume my ability is of no use, even so I am lead to believe it will have minimal effect in a moving vehicle." Declaring his own uselessness felt quite bitter, but he did his best to hold face "we are all so powerful together, we can handle this."
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 9:51

As the conversation between her and Leena ebbed, Mal leaned back in her seat, her forehead pressed to the cool window as she watched the rain. She let her mind wander, a flash of movement the only thing that broke her concentration.

She sat upright, eyes wide as she looked between the window and Mike... Who wasn't really Mike? She shook her head, and focused instead on rummaging through her bag for the handgun she kept there. She checked the ammo, then slid down in the seat, till on Leena and whoever was across the aisle could see her. If they were boarded, she didn't not want to be found easily, so instead she focused on keeping herself stealthy. Who in the world could have compromised them...?
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 2:49

[November 18th, 2024 | 8 AM | Rain 42F°/5C°]

While standing in the bus Mike would look towards Leena before replying,"Getting the guy in the other car. In theory. I was just supposed to keep you guys from panicking since we have not one, but two Honour Guards that learned about what we were attempting. Any help of course would be appreciated however Mike has told me that only Val and, worst case scenario, Frank is helpful. So uhm... I think it'd be beneficial is people tried their best to stay calm."

------

"I can do guns. Think you have enough for the whole class?" Mike asked as he sat in the passenger seat. He looked behind for a moment, spotting the same Honour Guard that passed them by moments ago. Not only was it much larger than it seemed, but it also looked well armed and pissed off.

"Huh, think that might have been because I gouged a penis into her helmet? Surprised she still remembers that."

Last edited by Bestdragon3 on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 2:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 3:09

"Just the two rifles I'm afraid, but there is plenty of ammo to go around." Rob checked his rear-view taking in the frame of the Honor Guard's mecha suit eyeing the wheels/legs of the machine hoping to find a weakness in the traction of the frame or some other flaw that could be exploited even that flaw was probably can't take being suddenly hit by a car, "Do we know how fast that thing can move?" Rob would ask making a couple of slightly larger swerves going down his lane than normal trying to feel out the exact capabilities of his vehicle on the rain-slick road, "They know what we are after all, right?"
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 3:15

Frank slowly lowers a bag of cheetos he had been munching on, chewing the last few times before swallowing. He watches Mike.

"I, uh... I mean, if you have a rifle I could cover us, maybe take a few of them out. But... like I said, I... don't have powers."

Frank says, pushing the half-finished bag into his jacket pocket. The situation in general was still a bit odd to him; one second he thought he was going to a super hero convention, the next he learns it's actually a haven for Alphas and they're being attacked by Honor Guard. He stands up, ready to do what he can, although still uncertain of what he can actually do.

"Even with a rifle though, a basic suit can take a hit from a standard AR round. A .50 caliber would probably penetrate it though."

Frank slips a single cheeto out of his pocket and carefully places it in the corner of his mouth, chewing it while watching Mike. Almost as if he was trying to sneak it in.
Back to top Go down
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 1:55

Val had been content to zone out, nibbling on the chips Frank had offered her with her jacket snug around her, until Mike's attitude changes, and then...Mike is talking in third person and referring to her again? She squints and shifts uncomfortably.

"I don't know what it's supposed to be called, but it -- has to do with my blood, I guess."

She extends her hand to show him, the still-open wound sore and red but no longer actively bleeding.
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 2:47

[November 18th, 2024 | 9:00 AM | Rain 42F°/5C°]

"Blood manipulation? Must be pretty awesome if Mike thinks it'll help. Just crack the window and do what you can, I'll protect you." The fake Mike said on the bus as he himself disappeared. At the same moment everyone would see the real Mike, along with Rob and his rifles. The experience for Rob would have been... Strange to say the least. One moment he was driving, the next he felt like he was being crushed from all sides with his senses blinded. Nothing incredibly painful, but very scary to say the least.

As for the car? It continued to move on its own, but only momentarily. Everyone could clearly see Rob's car rise and the Honour Guard... Slow down.

Mike would skip down the middle of the bus and towards the back, gesturing at everyone,"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys, girls, and Xains. I give to you!-" The car would twist and grind into a drill Esq shape, or at least pretty close. Mike would crane his head a bit,"A kinda drill thing. Huh, kind of expected it to look better, but what do you expect, I'm driving this bus backwards too."

In one swift motion the drill was thrown at the Guard, tumbling over itself instead of spinning as a drill should. Disappointingly the Guard barely dodged the car. The second Honour Guard would then appear from the skies, flying above the bus.

"Son of a bitch, Frank and someone else grab those rifles and shoot at dipshit. Wont hurt him but maybe he'll fuck off."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 22:05

Rob would still be screaming for almost a second as he appeared in the bus before watching stunned as Mike put on his show, "...I have no idea what or how that just happened. I think I love you people."

Hearing Mike's orders he'd get ahold of himself a bit and set down one rifle, leaning out one window while standing with one knee on a seat and take aim at the flying honor guard trying to scan him for any weakpoint or some kind of exhaust that could be jammed with a well placed round and training his shot carefully before firing off the first round.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 23:05

Leena wasn't completely certain what was going on, but not-Mike apparently knew Mike, and was suggesting she keep calm, so she decided to do just that. She sat straight so she could keep an eye out the window. In doing so, she saw Mal checking a handgun and sliding down between the seats, hiding herself from sight.

Leena payed attention to conversation between not-Mike and Valentine with increasing curiosity. Blood manipulation? Sounds dangerous...And if Mike thinks it's strong. And Frank?

Not-Mike vanished, and Mike reappeared. At his side was a panting man, whom Leena recognized as the man from the gas station. He also had two rifles. As she tried to put this mystery together, her attention was drawn to the scene behind them, and to Mike's failed attempt to hit the Honur Guard with the car-drill.

Mike suggested that somebody take the rifles and try to dissuade the airborne Guard, and Leena started to raise her hand. She didn't have too much experience with rifles in particular, but she'd used guns before and her aim was decent. but the man Mike brought in took a rifle and a knee, and the other rifle was for Frank, so she lowered it again.

well, might as well get up, then. even if I don't have a weapon i can at least act as a shield... Leena started getting to her feet, but her distracted thoughts meant that her body didn't compress properly, causing her legs to bend unnaturally. 'tripping over her feet' as it were. She caught herself against the opposite seat, and forced herself to calm down so that she could stand properly.

On her feet again, Leena looked over the group, interspersed as they were. She considered going towards the offensive group, so that she could give them cover if they got attacked, but they looked like they could handle themselves, and if Mike's observations meant anything her own powers would probably just get in their way. Instead, Leena braced herself in the center aisle, balancing her weight so she could react quickly to shield anyone in the middle rows, be it Mallorie, who was right next to her, or Jeanne and her friend, who were a few rows away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The UnHonorable War
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5