Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

(Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory Empty
PostSubject: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 12:34

Looking for some opinions:

First, the vampire sister's name. As you can see in the title, I have several different ones I am trying to choose between. I will list them again
Mikkel
Michi
Miho
Miska
Misi
Misha
Meical
As I have mentioned in the Grimoire, these are all derivatives of Michael (one of the archangels, who presides over warriors). If you have another that you think fits her description better, feel free to add it, but otherwise, votes for any name will be appreciated and taken into account.

Armory: Several individuals have given opinions on what ____'s weapons should be. I already have a 'primary' for her from her place of origin, which is more or less a Dane Axe with a broad head. Other suggestions have included a katana and a Thompson submachine gun.
if I am forgetting a suggestion, or you have a new one, drop a comment.

And as a final freebie, if anyone has any questions about ____ that you think would help flesh out the character, drop em by- I'll answer them as well as I can.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 1:43

Opinion:

Mikkel sounds too close to the original.

Michi sounds too Russian.

Miho sounds too Hispanic.

Miska also sounds too Russian.

Misi sounds weird.

Misha very clearly sounds too Russian.

Meical seems to be the best bet in my opinion. Still sounds weird, but another way you can look at it is that you can easily shorten it to "Mei" for a nickname.

Weapon:

But of course you can never go wrong with a P90 either:

Or maybe both.

Do both.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 4:37

I was saying a combination of that sword and p90 into one weapon here, but then I realized every design I was thinking of for that was really really stupid.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 12:01

Funny, TS, Mikkel and Michi were probably my top picks, though i think Meical does have a lot of merit.

That being said, what pronunciation were you using for Mikkel? Unless I am pronouncing it incorrectly, Meical is actually the closest to Michael out of all of them

And thank you, I will definitely use the talwar
P-90 is still up in the air. It definitely has the advantage over most comparable guns in terms of clip size, rate of fire, and accuracy, but I am not sure it has the stopping power she would be looking for

Thank you
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 12:51

I was reading Mikkel as either "Mick-ell" or "Mee-kell".

And Meical as "May-call"

EDIT:

I wasn't thinking of the P90 being used as a primary stopping weapon. Given its compact design, it can easily be dual-wielded with, say for example, a sword.

Imagine her running through a battlefield with the P90 in one hand and the Talwar in the other; she uses the P90 to spray bullets into random people she's nearby, and while they're reeling back from the pain (and sometimes fatal injuries, accuracy isn't the point in this scenario), she cuts them down with the Talwar in one slash.

That was my train of thought
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 13:27

O.O
Badass

and now I think I know where the confusion was coming from, because I was reading it as "MI-call"

Fair enough
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 8:52

Possible additions:
Fire lance- ancient china
Khopesh
Urumi
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 13:21

spoilered for anti screen stretch:
Holy shit
i forgot about this
The Machaera - Falcata by Peter Lyon
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 21:29

I imagine you've already settled for Meical which is the best out of the group you've listed, imo. Just popping by to say just straight calling a girl "Michael" is actually pretty badass: it's strong, classical, biblical, and quite androgynous. It channels a powerful image.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 21:47

True dat

I think I just like strange and unusual names, which is why I looked for an alternative

honestly, might have someone reference her as Michael at some point

you know what, fuck it

I have actually been aware of the fact that she probably changes names through the generations, and considering that i know there are a minimum 300 generations she watches grow up, she can change her name a few times

So here's what I'm gonna do: the name that gets the top votes (which is indeed Meical, at this time) is her original (and for lack of a better term, true) name
all the others will be used, either because she herself changed it, or because someone she is around fucked up/used their cultural name for Michael instead

That's what we're gonna do

on that note, would anyone like to suggest an order in which these names are used?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 0:04

naginata

staff-like weapon, kind of similar to a glaive
based out of japan

(Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory Japanese-naginata-spear-1

(Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory Hanwei_Naginata_SH1020

(Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory NAGINATA-3

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 15:21

Here's a fun one for everyone:

What is Meical drinking and why?

I'll start:
White chocolate mocha with whipped cream, because her niece ordered it for her before she could stop her
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:25

tomatoe juice because the bottle was in a language she didn't know and she thought that someone was bottling and selling blood for some reason (I must add that those sold bottles of tomato juice and stuff taste awful).
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyThu 27 Aug 2015 - 16:46

Adding weapon names to this post:
Blood-washed Silk

Add: Superior Creation

Add: Rest and Ravage (sister weapons)

Add: Dissonant Dichotomy/Dissonant Fury

Add: War's Whimsy
       Inquisitor's Delight

Add: Pyrrhic Purgatory
Unbended Knee

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 22:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 11:47

In the legend of Muramasa, the legendary swordmaker's blades were infused with bloodthirsty spirits that if they were not satisfied they would drive their wielders to murder or suicide

just thinking about Meical
if she got ahold of one of these swords right before one of her genocide runs
and after a couple countries have died, the blade is sated
     but Meical doesn't stop. she can't
the blade wonders what is the point; it is full, it is done. it wants to be finished.
In the end the blade is begging for the killing to be done, realizing the horrors of its original desires

when all is said and done, the blade is sorrowful and repentant, and wishes to spend its existence trying to prevent as much bloodshed as possible.
becomes a training weapon, and is eventually passed on to one of Meical's students
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 1:37

New weapon for Meical's personal armory:
Manifest Destiny- comes from a story where Meical lived among a group of what were effectively Native Americans. Much like in American history, white settlers came along and tried to take their land and kill/rape/pillage these native peoples
Meical, or her niece (or both) took exception to that, and Meical went out and destroyed basically the entirety of the invasion force and tore her way back to those who gave them their orders and told them to not come back until they could talk like 'civilized people'
She then melted down the bulk of their swords, axes, guns, canons, and other military paraphenila, and crafted this weapon from the resulting molten mass.
Haven't quite decided what the weapon is specifically yet, although keeping to the theme, it would kind of make sense for it to be a sword, maybe specifically from the swords of the officers in command of the operation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory   (Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory Empty

Back to top Go down

(Mikkel/ Michi/ Miho/ Miska/ Misi/ Misha/ Meical)'s Armory
Page 1 of 1