Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information

Go down 
+8
Rarity
NeoDrac54
ShinJix
Day of Light
Swindle11
TSDZ_President
Zentaku
The Wanderer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
EnterNameHere42
EnterNameHere42

Random : Bring me a bucket, I'll show you a bucket!

Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012 - 18:52

...what else do you expect me to add? I covered it all. And following storyline is for squares.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012 - 22:27

Many paths can lead to the same end, watch Heroes sometime, good series and a lot of the characters almost never interact with or know of each-other but their efforts often lead them to solve a single event together that links them all together despite their own personal stories going on and the lack of communication with or interaction between each-other or often times with the main event itself. My point being... it's a world, you can't force someone to do something they don't want to, at least not if they don't want to more than you want them to..
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012 - 22:32

ColinEtzel wrote:
Many paths can lead to the same end, watch Heroes sometime, good series and a lot of the characters almost never interact with or know of each-other but their efforts often lead them to solve a single event together that links them all together despite their own personal stories going on and the lack of communication with or interaction between each-other or often times with the main event itself. My point being... it's a world, you can't force someone to do something they don't want to, at least not if they don't want to more than you want them to..

That's why a lot of GMs kill players off

Lol
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012 - 9:32

No no, that's far too blunt. That's why characters go out and climb the mighty mountain in search of adventure and a boulder falls on them. It's on my percentage roll I swear.

No you cannot look. You're dead.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012 - 10:21

Lol.
Back to top Go down
EnterNameHere42
EnterNameHere42

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Oct 2012 - 23:57

You still never answered my question. How is that not enough? I covered everything.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 0:24

Just describe how he killed everyone, sam seems a bit ignorant on these points of character.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 1:27

Why is he who he is? Who IS he? What appearances make him stand out? Is he as rocky and as foul tempered as the volcanic mountains? Or as calm and beautiful as the Seren Lakes? Come on man, don't be lazy.

Also I am officially booting Shin from the RP. Please edit your posts accordingly. I don't really know what to do about it... You have an idea Tim? Can you bot him? o.o
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 1:31

Are you blind or just ignorant?

His sheet explains all that. He's just a dull character.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 1:45

Sam I got a better idea than editing all our posts.... we simply kill him, or convert him to NPC that passes out and dies or something... give him dysentery and have him shit out his organs, say he had plague, make his head explode and we are all now infected with a magic disease we have to find the cure for or we are all doomed to the same fate, any of these work.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 1:51

I suppose I can turn him into an NPC that has no role in the story and just blends into the town.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 2:05

Has no role? I beg to differ, I spent some coin to save his life, I will take all he possesses, by force if necessary.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 13:20

-.- Your threats mean nothing.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 13:45

(he was talking about in-game, Sam)
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 13:49

I'm saying in game Kozumé would most likely; 1. kill him for wasting his time, 2. demand all his possessions for saving his life, 3. make him his personal slave and take all his possessions for saving his life.
Back to top Go down
EnterNameHere42
EnterNameHere42

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Oct 2012 - 14:14

I mean, I did cover it all. There are only so many ways to say he has no emotions at all. He wants more power, that's why he killed everyone, because they where stopping him from getting more knowledge and power. But yeah, wants power, no emotions, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 0:51

Alright after much consideration I have come up with the decision for both things.

In the case of EnterNameHere42's character, his character is denied on the grounds that his character will change far too much in the story and he did not come to me before the story had begun.

As for the case with Quelon and Kozume, he will be turned into an NPC, he will not be a slave and he will not be killed. You can spar him but you will not kill him, Colin.

Decisions are final. Now lets keep the rp moving folks.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 1:07

Banvora Ascernia wrote:
Alright after much consideration I have come up with the decision for both things.

In the case of EnterNameHere42's character, his character is denied on the grounds that his character will change far too much in the story and he did not come to me before the story had begun.

As for the case with Quelon and Kozume, he will be turned into an NPC, he will not be a slave and he will not be killed. You can spar him but you will not kill him, Colin.

Decisions are final. Now lets keep the rp moving folks.

If you want to just play with puppets then use puppets, not people.
Back to top Go down
EnterNameHere42
EnterNameHere42

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 6:56

Now that doesn't make sense. I'm really starting to see why my friends speak so poorly of you as a DM. Or as a person. I don't mean to cause trouble, but yeah. Kinda ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 9:45

What are you guys arguing about. And why are you arguing to the GM? his word is law in the RP.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 16:19

And as GM, he can call whatever shots please him, so any argument you try to make may as well be invalid, cause he doesn't have to listen -shrug-
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 16:27

NeoDrac54 wrote:
And as GM, he can call whatever shots please him, so any argument you try to make may as well be invalid, cause he doesn't have to listen -shrug-

I'd like to point out that a very important quality of GMing is the ability to listen to and acknowledge the desires and grievances that the players have. Best, for example, is very good with listening to the people who play in his RPs. He works with them. That is why he is the RP moderator/admin (now), because he does a good job with it. He has had probably more successful RPs on this forum than all the other RPs combined.

If a GM can't tolerate their player's grievances with their GMing method, that usually leads to the RP failing, and people refusing to join. Sure, it's Sam's RP, and he can do with it as he wants, but if he repeatedly pisses people off with his way of managing it, he should expect it to end badly.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 16:31

I didn't say that he shouldn't expect such occurrences, merely that arguing with him about things is more than a little pointless since he doesn't have to listen or take advice.

Not once did I state anything about his quality of GMing, and whether it was good or bad.
Back to top Go down
EnterNameHere42
EnterNameHere42

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 16:32

Yeah. I just find it, sorry if this is offensive, but stupid as hell. Pretty much your making everyone be puppets and not really letting them do.. anything. As my friends said to me when I was in doubt of my RP, it's about the journey, not the destination. You just writing a story where you force others to type for you right now, if the story-line changes, so be it. Now, I'm not saying for you to change anything, I would like it, but as said, it is your RP, so you can do as you wish. I'm just stating why I think it is stupid. Also, mods, can we get this damn tab button to work? I need my paragraphs indented.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012 - 16:35

Whether you did or not, I was throwing it out there to make a point

Tis all

As for Enter's statement:

That's why I make a point for all of my RPs/Campaigns to be entirely open-universe and let my players do as they wish. Sure, they could end up killing themselves, but the open-ness makes it more interesting and realistic.

As for the tab thing, that's not something we can fix. It's a forumotion thing, not IDR thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next