Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information

Go down 
+8
Rarity
NeoDrac54
ShinJix
Day of Light
Swindle11
TSDZ_President
Zentaku
The Wanderer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information Empty
PostSubject: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 0:08

Well like I said in the Outline Section was that the RP was a D&D-like RP but not involving dice. I say this because the only real things that are being crossed over are the eleven basic classes.

Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard.

As well as the weapons and spells.

Including class changes and multiclassing. Prestige Classes and Epic Levels (Both Epic Classes and Epic Prestige Classes). Leveling up will be determined by me and should happen after each quest as well each boss defeated. Every tenth level you have the opportunity to enter a Prestige Class but in doing so you have to talk to the NPC with that class like, say Shin goes with a Rouge Character, and he gets level 10. He can go to Araon and he can then Upgrade his class to Prestige. Keep in mind the requirements must be filled.

Arcane Archer
Race: Elf or half-elf.
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (longbow or shortbow).
Spells: Ability to cast 1st-level arcane spells.

Arcane Trickster
Alignment: Any nonlawful.
Skills: Decipher Script 7 ranks, Disable Device 7 ranks, Escape Artist 7 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks.
Spells: Ability to cast mage hand and at least one arcane spell of 3rd level or higher.

Archmage
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 15 ranks, Spellcraft 15 ranks.
Feats: Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Spell Focus in two schools of magic.
Spells: Ability to cast 7th-level arcane spells, knowledge of 5th-level or higher spells from at least five schools.

Assassin
Skills: Disguise 4 ranks, Hide 8 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks.
Special: The character must kill someone for no other reason than to join the assassins.

Blackguard
Skills: Hide 5 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 2 ranks.
Feats: Cleave, Improved Sunder, Power Attack.
Special: The character must have made peaceful contact with an evil outsider who was summoned by him or someone else.

Dragon Disciple
Race: Any nondragon (cannot already be a half-dragon).
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks.
Languages: Draconic.
Spellcasting: Ability to cast arcane spells without preparation.
Special: The player chooses a dragon variety when taking the first level in this prestige class.

Duelist
Skills: Perform 3 ranks, Tumble 5 ranks.
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Weapon Finesse.

Dwarven Defender
Race: Dwarf.
Alignment: Any lawful.
Base Attack Bonus: +7.
Feats: Dodge, Endurance, Toughness.

Eldritch Knight
Weapon Proficiency: Must be proficient with all martial weapons.
Spells: Able to cast 3rd-level arcane spells.

Hierophant
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 15 ranks.
Feats: Any metamagic feat.
Spells: Able to cast 7th-level divine spells.

Horizon Walker
Skills: Knowledge (geography) 8 ranks.
Feats: Endurance.

Loremaster
Skills: Knowledge (any two) 10 ranks in each.
Feats: Any three metamagic or item creation feats, plus Skill Focus (Knowledge [any individual Knowledge skill]).
Spells: Able to cast seven different divination spells, one of which must be 3rd level or higher.

Mystic Theurge
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 6 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks.
Spells: Able to cast 2nd-level divine spells and 2nd-level arcane spells.

Shadowdancer
Skills: Move Silently 8 ranks, Hide 10 ranks, Perform (dance) 5 ranks.
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility.

Thaumaturgist
Feats: Spell Focus (conjuration).
Spells: Able to cast lesser planar ally.

As for combat it will just be first post first serve. So say Shin posts an attack and I post a response, if he hit, or if he got a critical hit, and such.

Finally one final little tidbit, try to make long posts, unlike my old self I enjoy reading long posts now and it gives me more to work with! So try to make more then a paragraph if you can.

Oh! And one more thing, I spent months working on this RP and in doing so I have created an entire world, so feel free to go on side quests and wander off on your own, I'll always throw you tasty side quests with rewards.

Sheet wrote:
Name:

Age: (Please try to keep it in between 13-15 human years. [There's a reason don't worry])

Class: (Please use the basics. [Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard.])

Race: (Human, Elf, or Dwarf.)

Alignment: (No Evil. You will need to swear allegiance later on.)

Personality: (Try to describe your Alignment.)

Appearance:

Back Story:

Code:
Name:

Class:

Race:

Alignment:

Personality:

Appearance:

Back Story:

List of Gods and Goddess' wrote:

Saria, the Goddess of Music and the Forest.

Chaud, the God of Lighting and Storm.

Tyler, the God of Fire and Volcaones.

Aaron and Alex the twin Gods of Hope and Sorrow, of Light and Dark.

Judith, the Goddess of Blood and the Desert.

Garoth, the God of Destruction and the Mountains.

Kathrin, the Goddess of Intelligence and the Wind.

Legolas, the God of Holyness and Peace.

Charlotte, the Goddess of Worship and the Spirit.

Last edited by Banvora Ascernia on Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:43; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 11:38

Wow, I typed a lot. :O
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 14:33

Racial restrictions?
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 14:55

What's the point in listing alignment if you're disallowing one of only three core alignments.

Between 13 and 15? Same as above, why list it when there's so little choice.

You listed skills and feats, but no place to list them on the sheet.

You also gave the spell list, but no way to choose which ones, or what we're limited to. Plus no place on the sheet for them.

No offense Sam, but this looks a lot like you just threw it all together in a night. Which is kind of bad, since you said you worked on this for a month or so.

Just some things to think about.
Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

Random : If you're going to commit suicide then I'll kill you.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 16:35

Sam says:
I hadn't of had the chance to edit it during school just got on now. I had realized that during the bus ride to school and I needed to edit those out. I plan to edit the post right now. So bear with me for a couple minutes TS. ^w^ As for the post, ya I spent about four hours on it. So ya it was rushed but I'm trying to smooth out the kinks now. I had only like twenty minutes during school to type the post and then when I got home I was tired and just edited what I had to and then fell asleep. So yeah, I rushed the post, excuse me Offense not taken.
Page from the age of 4-13. Esquire for 13-17, Knight from 17 to death. I limited it to 13-15 because the characters will be taken in by knights and trained on the field of combat and I wanted them to have a bit of aging. (I time skip three times in the RP to show the aging process.)
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 18:15

Lol, thanks Tyler.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 21:58

Name: Gloria Rakeos

Class: Sorceror

Race: Half-elf.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Gloria is a quick-witted, and daringly charming juvenile sorceress. Loves to flaunt and lie if only for personal gratification. However, in the long run, while disrespecting order, she takes doing the 'right' thing very seriously and very much dislikes people who sell themselves to an evil cause.

Appearance: Gloria takes over from her quarter-elven ancestry and inherits traits from both humans and elves. Not being tall for her age, she has small hands and feet and pointed ears. Her big, clear blue eyes and her pristinely blond hair falling in cascades to her waist complete her general image. However, despite looking innocent and well-bred, she is truly not what she appears to be.

Back Story: Ever since birth Gloria had inherited her magical capacities and knew how to use her charm to get what she wanted. Regarded as an extremely beautiful child by adults, she was spoiled beyond measure. Worse still, she seemed aware of what she was doing and actively tried to get more and more people on her side.

Noble in countenance, despite there being no indication of who her parents actually were, there is a certain understanding where she was raised that she came from a royal lineage.

Last edited by Hinaoki on Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
ShinJix
ShinJix

Random : Ness opened up the trash can and found a Hamburger.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyThu 6 Sep 2012 - 22:14

Name: Quelon Virisbur

Class: Fighter

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Quelon is rebellious and lives by his own personal view and moral guidings. His conscience decides the next chapter in his life as he lives for the moment. He is daring and unsatisified, willing to get into horrific situations to himself and his allies for personal satisfaction and entertainment. Though he has darker views, he is altruistic, willing to endure pain and suffering so his allies do not. He has a strong motivation to continue, eager to complete what is right for himself and his family.

Appearance: Quelon is a tall gentleman who has a slim yet slightly muscular form. His eyes are like the most perfect of amethysts and his hair is as dark as midnight. The complexity of his skin tone is of a medium-tan hue, enriched and amended after countless wandering in the deserts of his homeland.

Back Story: During his childhood, Quelon lived within a small village in the Guerra desert, having to be taught and pray to Judith, the signature goddess that resembled the endless life of the desert and the endless life in the people. Though Quelon enjoyed the vast depth of his home, he wondered if there was any difference in other parts of the world that he could see later in his life. This question would grow into his hobby of adventuring and exploring the unexplored.

But one day of exploring would be the last sight of his home. Quelon went too far ahead of his outer limits, exhausted and hungry. But as his home was impossible for him to walk back in his condition, he suddenly fainted and became unconscious. He later awakened, unknown of his location.

Last edited by ShinJix on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 23:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyFri 7 Sep 2012 - 16:02

I forgot to mention, as the Esquire is being trained by a knight, and said knight is sent to fight,the esquire follows. If the esquire performs a brave task in combat, he is immediately knighted there on the battlefield by his knight.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the spell's aren't really complicated, they have to correspond to the god you choose. As for displaying it on the sheet, you can add it in, or not. It's not a requirement for the sheet.

Would you like me to detail a list of all the gods in the RP? I can add that in if you desire TS.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyFri 7 Sep 2012 - 16:07

Naw....I've been running D&D campaigns and whatnot long enough to know where to find the stuff
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyFri 7 Sep 2012 - 16:08

Also keep in mind everyone, I'm sort of basing this RP on the REAL form of Medieval times, despite Magic and God differences. You will find that I included every little detail in everything. From how food was prepared and stored and cooked, to where waste is stored and how it was disposed. So stay away from windows unless you want to be covered in piss and shit. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyFri 7 Sep 2012 - 16:09

TSDZ_President wrote:
Naw....I've been running D&D campaigns and whatnot long enough to know where to find the stuff

Indeed but the gods I have made for this RP are completely different, the characters will actually meet many of them. Wielded their weapons, even summon them to aid in the field of battle. I have created these gods from scratch so yeah, I think I will make the list anyways! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptyFri 7 Sep 2012 - 16:25

Aaaaand, the list was added.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySat 8 Sep 2012 - 16:01

Look's like Kristy's done :3
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 3:41

Name: Kozumé

Class: Monk

Race: elf

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Personality: Believes in strength and power from within above all else. Disregards the weak as non-consequential yet would happily take the life of one flaunting their power over the weak due to his own set of meticulously constructed rules. Seeks 'true power' as he sees it. Though technically 'evil' it may not be noticeable and he may even play the hero far more often than the villain as he seeks strong foes often in those who abuse power towards those weaker than themselves. Yet despite his search for strong foes he also seeks strong friends for those to socialize with, though he may challenge them to a few non-lethal sparing matches in hopes of continuing to hone his body and mind, in combat, further. He believes true strength must come from the self, therefore he respects those who wield magic, yet scoffs at those who would rely on a blade to fight claiming that the blade does all the work and is vulnerable while the body is truly the warrior.

Appearance: Kozumé stands 5' 8", with shoulder length flat black hair and dark black eyes (not even having whites to his eyes). His frame is well toned and muscular from the intense constant training he did in life. He now always wears a black gi and black cloak over his frame allowing no direct light to touch his body. He wears foot wrappings of black cloth rather than shoes and similarly clothes his hands.

Back Story: Not long ago, Kozumé was a monk training under a master with numerous other disciples. Kozumé always trained, for his entire life he trained to be stronger, to be better.

Kozumé grew tired of his master's lectures that seemed folly of an old fool who was becoming weak and decrepit. Kozumé feared growing old and his body failing him, losing his strength and power that he always worked for and he had no intention of ever losing it or of ever stopping growing.

Kozumé left for 3 days and cleared a small section of the forest, breaking down the trees with his bare fists, and feet, unrelenting until they broke and fell.

Kozumé returned only to challenge his old master to a death-match. It was accepted and the fight was not nearly even. Kozumé quickly broke his master's arm, and sweeped his leg dropping him to the ground. The old fool had no intent to kill in his attacks and was easily defeated with a swift stomp on his throat. Kozumé had proven himself right and the old fool's ways wrong in that fight. Kozumé would then bury the body carving out his master's name into a headstone before leaving.

Since then Kozumé has wandered the land simply wondering and training wherever he went, and searching for a way to preserve his body, that he may never become weak.

Last edited by ColinEtzel on Sun 14 Oct 2012 - 20:36; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 12:26

Colin there is a major difference between Vampire and Human. No, Human, Elf, or Dwarf. I mean Kristy chose Half-Elf but at least THAT is close to the three limitations, and has a reason to back it up, something that as DM, I can't tell, but it has to involve the story. So, yeah, you can only choose Human, Elf, or Dwarf.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 13:01

*favoritism detector goes off*
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 13:02

No more like she got Beatrice's Position in the RP that I test runned.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 14:01

Vampirism is an acquired trait meaning he had to be born a human and did live a life as a human. Though contact with supernatural creatures has altered him into this form. If anything Vampirism is an acquired sub-race at the most, it's still a human.

half-elves are born into their often shunned lives. Half-elves are usually cast out from both human and elven societies being neither. Outcast to both their races these half-breeds often take to the lives of wonderers. Some from both human and elven societies see the half-elves as abominations to be killed.

Vampires are usually hated or feared when discovered and either ran from or attempts to kill it are made, usually.

Woo racism hits both kinds.

As for alignment if you are worried about that as well. Lawful evil is more trustworthy than chaotic neutral as the lawful evil follow a set of rules and can understand where their loyalty lies, while the chaotic neutral may slit their best friend's throat because they realized that one evil guy has a really hot assistant that he might have a chance with if he killed all his friends, then serve the evil lords till they kill the butcher who made his favorite jerky and then he kills the evil people he was meant to kill in the first place because he can't get his favorite jerky anymore. The lawful evil man at least knows where his loyalties stand and as you the alignment was about swearing allegiance I took lawful evil with a set personal code to follow meaning he will not go back on his word unlike the chaotic individuals who would change their allegiance because it is convenient.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 14:11

No Colin, you're probably going to TS about all this stuff, Vampire is a no for this campaign you only get to have THREE races nothing more nothing less. Human, Dwarf, or Elf.

I don't give a damn about any of the hatreds or anything like that. Vampire is not allowed, please change your sheet.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 14:13

So only three races are allowed, but clearly someone else can be something else?

Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 14:14

Because she's Josie's daughter, there, happy? She's Josie's fucking daughter, Josie is an elf, and her husband is a Human. It was a special plot request and I approved it.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 14:16

I don't really care, since I'm not actually joining anyway. It's just that vampires aren't a race. Human is the race, vampire is a disease/effect/template.

Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 14:38

Altered Kozumé, he's human now, by any standard.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information EmptySun 9 Sep 2012 - 15:05

I'd look at it this way; half-elf is merely a hybrid between two races, so it's within the standard put down by the three allowed races.

It wasn't specified beforehand, but I'd assume it would be that way. I didn't want to say she was either 100% human or a 100% elf because it would be untrue lore-wise, but I'd let Colin have his vampire as long as said vampire was a human and not some other race that was written off as being a vampire race, which could be misunderstood as such seeing as that's where he put it.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information   Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Times Special Rules and Profile Information
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next