Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Honors Essay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BookWorm
BookWorm

Honors Essay Empty
PostSubject: Honors Essay   Honors Essay EmptySun 11 Jul 2010 - 22:41

I don't think anyone will care, and I certainly don't expect anyone to read it. But when I was writing my essay to apply for honors (in college) I would have loved an example. It must have been pretty good because my application was a week or so late and I still got in, or my activities resume must have been impressive... but I digress... the word limit was 300-350, that's why it's so short, and it's really hard to write in that few of words... but yeah, enjoy, or don't, but archive it for future reference if you ever need a reference Razz.

Prompt: Select a book that has special significance to you. Explain. (well the prompt I picked anyways Razz)

Note: The format didn't copy exactly, so my italics and stuff didn't transfer, so grammar and correct usage may not be in full effect Razz

Gone With the Wind is known as a great American love story. But when I finished the extensive novel, my head was filled not with romantic sentiments of a happily ever after, but with the Civil War and the effects it had on Southern society. Margaret Mitchell, author of Gone With the Wind, unknowingly sparked my fierce interest in the Civil War, which furthered my interest in all of America’s history. While learning more about history, I became aware of its implications on modern American society, adding to its intrigue.

When I set out to read the 1024-page book, it was for an English assignment. I could have chosen any book, but I had always wanted to read the classic novel. Little did I know what the book would bring. As I read through the book, I could feel my interest in the plot wavering, and shifting toward wondering how historically accurate it was. As most people were wondering whether or not Scarlett O’Hara was ever going to find true love, I wondered if the fact that the war was described from a Southern point of view affected the reader’s interpretation of it. The book that caused many to daydream about love caused me to replay Civil War battles in my mind. Mitchell’s ability to make the Civil War realistic kindled my persistent passion for history.

My passion for history is alive and burning to this day. I am always looking for new research subjects and I have extended my quest for knowledge by competing in National History Day, in which students present projects based on independently researched topics. I find history so fascinating that I want nothing more than to share my enthusiasm with others by becoming a history teacher. Because I care so much about it, I believe that I can effectively pass on information and help young adults realize just how important and thrilling history is.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

Honors Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honors Essay   Honors Essay EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010 - 1:33

I really liked your essay Liz. ^_^... you will make a great teacher.
Back to top Go down
BookWorm
BookWorm

Honors Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honors Essay   Honors Essay EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010 - 1:36

aaww, I can't believe you actually read it! thanks! ^_^ *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

Honors Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honors Essay   Honors Essay EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010 - 1:38

Embarassed of course I would read it... *hugs*
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

Honors Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honors Essay   Honors Essay EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010 - 11:19

historybuff wrote:
aaww, I can't believe you actually read it! thanks! ^_^ *hugs*

Either that, or we have a lot of time. Razz The Essay is very well written, lot's of effort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honors Essay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honors Essay   Honors Essay Empty

Back to top Go down

Honors Essay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: Archives :: Good ol' Times :: Misc. Categories :: Serials :: HB's ramblings-
Jump to: