Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worm

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptySun 2 Apr 2017 - 22:29

Messages from an Angel
Sufficient Velocity- 1.6

Taylor is best friends with the Simurgh over PHO
told almost entirely from PHO posts, kind of like working as intended

EDIT: I was mistaken, it is NOT primarily PHO posts, that's just where the story started, and boy does it take some turns. no going into specifics, but some of this is very amusing.

Not...completely crack, but at least partially

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 17:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 14:36

Nascence
Spacebattles- complete at Dana's updated interlude

A really short one, but another decent literal crossover between prototype and worm, where once again dana and alex get sent through a door and into earth bet. not the greatest version, since the protectorate actually don't seem all that wise in their actions in regards to the guy who killed Lung in defense of his sister. can i understand wanting to get to the bottom of things before letting him back into the world? sure. manhandling his sister, ignoring her warnings, and immediately attempting to arrest him? not so much.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 21:35

Compromise
sufficient velocity- caught up at 2.2

post-leviathan, legend takes a more forward stance in talking to skitter about her actions in the hospital, and a number of points come to light
dead, but considering taylor was headed towards the wards i'm not entirely sure that is a bad thing. probably- the story was well-written
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 12:28

Achluophobia
Sufficient Velocity- one-shot

should have been longer, but this fic was abandoned after only one chapter, which is sad because it had potential. Danny Hebert used to be a mob gunman back in the bad old days, and left to be with Annette. Danny is also the host of the Darkness (much like Jackie Estacado) and when his daughter ends up in the hospital he goes calling back to his old friend.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 21:46

Grave Flowers
Spacebattles- one-shot
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-40.311933/page-576#post-16017081

doesn't even reach the story. Freshman year, around springtime, Taylor realized that the bullying was never going to stop and killed herself.
the snippet focuses on Emma attending the funeral of the girl she drove to suicide. short but sweet, and gives some feels
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017 - 13:00

The Little Ship That Could
SpaceBattles- Caught up at Shipgirl Taylor! Email

Didn't really think i was going to like this, especially with the flip-flopping between different story lines, but I actually got caught up in it. I really like this story
basically, kind of a cross between Kantai Collection and Worm (that actually gets kinda-sorta explained for once) where Taylor is the personification of a Fletcher-class Destroyer. this is kind of hilarious, because there actually were two Fletcher's operating under the name USS Taylor, it's simply that they weren't actually built where she says she was

also, this story doesn't just take place on Earth Bet, but on another alternative Earth, where Taylor has already had to fight the horrors of Bet and is brought back for a third run. I thought it was just a spin-off series at first, but the author has made more or less clear that both Cape!Taylor and Shipgirl!Taylor are both completely canon, just at different places along the timeline
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 18:18

Stone
Spacebattles- caught up at 1.2

didn't really get anywhere, was just barely over 2k words, but an interesting premise nonetheless
Taylor got turned into a Doctor Who Weeping Angel. that was fascinating
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2017 - 1:43

Swarmborn
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 15

kind of on the fence with this one
basically, it's a crossover of Worm and the Overlord Light Novel. definitely a cool premise

Initially, i liked Taylor, but the latter chapters start to see her fall off. also, much as i hate seeing this in the comment section over and over again, while it is fun for the audience to see the Guardians misinterpret Skitter's orders and do wacky and fun shit, it does make Skitter look incompetent.

That said, there are some good moments, especially Bonesaw's scenes in E-Rantel. not gonna spoil much, but it's good
Currently on hiatus, been there for a little over a month. hope to see more of it soon
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 10:57

Worm's Strongest Couple
Spacebattles- caught up at Taylor's Interlude

Really short and I believe rather dead, but kind of funny. Basically, Krillin and Android 18 from the Dragonball franchise get deposited sideways and end up in Wormverse. Some things feel really off, others feel about on-target. About the biggest issue for my SoD was probably how quickly Krillin started training the others up. I mean, it Krillin could obviously learn quickly because of the fact that, among baseline humans, he was something of a genius. But come on- getting someone who has never had any kind of ki training to be able to fly under their own power in what, a week? yeah, i don't think so
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 23:54

Sorceress
Sufficient Velocity- caught up at 2.4

kind of like Silver, except Taylor is not a reincarnated sorcerer, but rather a new one who is starting out from level 1. uses (i believe) D&D 5.0 rules, which i'm not completely sold on, but i'm still holding out hope
both that it will be a good story, and that it will continue at all, since it seems to be on hiatus right now
so far, pretty well, handled, although i am hoping against hope that Taylor will actually move to Chicago to work with Myrddin, because you just don't see enough of that (Taylor getting out of the Bay or Myrddin in general)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyMon 24 Apr 2017 - 10:50

Trailblazin'
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 1

just started this one, but it's basically the version of Taylor that goes the other way for coping, the one that a lot of people would have fallen into a long time ago:drugs
yeah, this is a Merchant!Taylor story, done in the vein of Welcome to the Empire and Ex Machina, where the Merchants give Taylor a way out and are just generally friendly to her, and that is what started everything
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 16:03

Of Blackguards and Mercenaries
SpaceBattles- caught up at 4.3

A (IMHO) better Overwatch cross, where Taylor can summon the various heroes of Overwatch to help her with stuff. Essentially makes her a hero team in and of herself.
Lots of characterization, plenty of hilarity, and lots of props to both canon and to fan material

only real problem is that not everyone has problems with each other. Tracer had no issue being in a room with Reaper, Mercy sat at a table with Ana without grinding the axe that Mercy thought the older woman was dead for many years. little problems that might just chalked up to lack of time, and nothing yet that has truly broken the suspension of disbelief, though that too could change.

Actually, Armsmaster. this version of Armsmaster (and SS, now that I think about it) has to be one of the most memetic asshole of himself I have ever seen. not going to spoil much, but holy shit
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyThu 27 Apr 2017 - 17:59

Untangling
SpaceBattles- caught up at chapter 2

A mid-canon divergence story
basically, shortly after Coil offers the Undersiders an official place in his cabinet, and before Leviathan shows up, Taylor decides to come clean about her reasons for joining the Undersiders and join up for real
Only just started, so not a lot of time for shit to go down, but I am reeeally waiting for that moment after the Endbringer attack when Armsmaster is trying to take Taylor down with him and blurts out that the she was going to betray the Undersiders, and they just go, "yeah, we know. you're still an asshole", so he just gets fucking reamed
Like, I don't know what I have against Armsmaster (probably the memetic version of him where he is a fucking tool, all the time) but I just generally do not like the fucking guy. Even his 'redemption' bit, while I appreciate it and shows that under the proper circumstances he can learn how much of a douche he is and change, I never really liked him all that much.

Anyway, have hope for this one
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:45

Radiance
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 1

Last in the line-up, but first one I've caught up to since it only has one chapter. some authors out there decided it would be fun(ny) to pen stories about Taylor having the powers of the Endbringers
Radiance here, like i said, was the last one to get started- like it literally popped up today (that being 4/28/17)- giving us Behemoth!Taylor

I'll be adding Aquarius and Ziz soon
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:46

Aquarius
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 4

Oops. Forgot that I actually already caught up on this one. The second of the trilogy, in more ways than one, Aquarius gives us Leviathan!Taylor, and is already diverting from canon, at least slightly
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 21:33

Ziz
Spacebattles- caught up at 005.001-003

Finally, the first of the trilogy, and the last one i read, this story gives Taylor the Simurgh's powers, dialed down. Sort of straddling the line between serious and crack right now. good characterization, misdirection, and mind-fuckery. also going the way I had actually hoped Silencio would have, with Taylor actually remaining mute.
...well, she isn't actually mute, but she never actually speaks, presumably because she also has the Simurgh's scream. so, she does what i wanted Silencio's Taylor to do and uses a notepad or a cellphone to communicate, though that is probably assisted by the precognition
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 21:44

Penny and Dime
Spacebattles- caught up at 1.3

very unusual start to the story (it hasn't gotten far yet)
Annette did not have a car crash. instead, the Heberts are having a summer afternoon picnic when a three-way gang war explodes, and most everyone in the park ends up dead
Shortly after hearing that, Alan and Emma Barnes get the phone call about the situation and Alan tries to rush to the hospital, leading to a more violent version of the Alley Event

Initially, we only see a Miss Militia/Skitter power swap, but the story has been billed as Punisher!Taylor, probably for good reason.
there has also been speculation that Emma will be a Daredevil expy, because reasons
hell, even Sophia might end up a better person because of this, because she tried doing what she used to and waited, and now an innocent girl is blind because of it

watching very excitedly
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 1:09

Hellfire
Spacebattles- two-shot thus far

kinda hoping this one continues. Taylor has been given the powers of Ghost Rider, and has been tearing her way through Brockton Bay. the second one came out just this past Sunday, so hoping the author continues it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 12:37

Internship
Spacebattles- 3.3

Veeery interesting story. Taylor doesn't get any parahuman abilities, but picks up an internship with the PRT, working pretty much directly under Director Piggot. Displays an amount of competence that actually makes Taylor undergo testing because they aren't completely sure if she's parahuman or actually that good

not stopping reading- this fic is actually completed- but i have like...5 other stories on my dash right now that i also want to get through
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 20:17

Chrysalis, Or, How I Became a Bug
Spacebattles- finished up at 3.2

Taylor triggers with bug powers, but weaker than normal. reason why becomes apparent when she gets hit by a dumpster on accident, courtesy of Glory Girl. Rapidly becomes trapped in a cocoon and begins to mutate

Not going to see this one because the author just declared it terminated. They are going to redo it, but we'll have to wait for that
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 13:11

To Be a Queen
SpaceBattles- caught up at the Interlude

This is an interesting one, and I would follow it if i thought it was going to continue. alas, as it has been nearly two years since it updated, that is unlikely
Basically, Taylor becomes Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night, with all the power and treasures that entails, and starts setting herself up to be the ruler, first of Brockton, then of the world
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 13:29

Far Gone From Normal
Spacebattles- caught up at 1.4

It is so sad that this one is dead, because this does a lot of things i keep looking for: Changer Taylor, deviation from canon, Taylor already hardened by experience, OC villain (even if primarily in retrospect)

Basically, Taylor had that canon Trigger, but got kidnapped shortly thereafter by a villain who brainwashes young parahumans and then auctions them off to the highest bidder. Without going into too much detail, Taylor has been a special project of his. At the start of the story, Taylor escapes, after a fashion.
The story dead-ended shortly thereafter, but it was a great premise
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 14:08

Prathama
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 3

Another Endbringer!Taylor story. not sure how i'm liking this one just yet, but it's decent, i suppose. not much to go on yet; the story literally just came out yesterday. will watch and update
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 11:38

Thoughts as Light as a Feather
SpaceBattles- finished at part 19

Taylor becomes Simurgh-lite and proceeds to troll the ever-living fuck out of Brockton Bay
Considering that is basically what the Simurgh does anyway, just on a larger scale, makes sense.
Only thing that kind of breaks the SoD (considering this is basically crack) is the fact that Contessa can see her. Canonically speaking, Contessa can't plan for the Endbringers, so the fact that she can plan for Taylor doesn't really make sense
oh well. still good for a laugh
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 12:43

Adjustments
Sufficient Velocity- one-shot

Hoooly fuck that's a scary power
basically, Taylor triggered with a Stranger power that lets her completely rewrite someone's personal identity. she doesn't need to talk to you, but if she does she can shape you more effectively
turned jack slash into a long-time protectorate member in the space of about 30 seconds

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/overt-concerns-compendium-wormsnip-archive.14733/page-3#post-2816138
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worm - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worm
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: