Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good Dog, Madd City

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 1:21

Brian’s eyes widened slightly at Melanie’s words. He was genuinely saddened to hear that she would have been (would have been forced to be) satisfied with sleeping in a ditch, especially with the weather recently. Brian briefly glanced out the window and noticed it was still raining outside, though it had lessened slightly. Even so, the outdoors was no place for someone to be at this time.

He was about to add something when he noticed that Melanie was…

Crying? Brian almost froze in place, not having expected such a reaction from his house guest. He was taken aback by this, as he had become used to the gruffness and the almost snide remarks that she made toward him.

Brian suddenly felt very awkward, not knowing quite what to do in this situation. A tiny voice in the back of his head told him to try and comfort her, but somehow he doubted that it would have been well-received, or even mildly appreciated. Besides, he had no idea how he would go about doing that. So, he decided to remain quiet, trying not to stare so as to give the proud woman a chance to recover if she wished to.

“Of course, I…” he started, then paused to think. “You are welcome, here, in my home. You and Tito.” He smiled his crooked smile then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 1:52

Tito respond to Brian with his continual barking. Melanie softly hushed her dog as he began to growl at the man and laid his head again on her lap.

"Even Tito's getting wary of me smiling. What's that boy? I'm actually happy? Well damn straight I am!" She cooed to her dog and laughed rambunctiously.

Melanie looked at Brian again and she began to smile wider as she laughed more loudly, her teeth appeared to be crookedly straight enough to contrast Brian's smile.

"Sir, may I tell you that you have a beautiful smile."
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 13:18

Brian jumped slightly when Tito's barking was directed at him, but he relaxed. The dog laid his head on Melanie's lap, and Brian couldn't help a small smile as she directed some affection toward her canine companion.

Brian actually blushed a little at Melanie's comment. He used to be self-conscious about his crooked teeth, and while it didn't bother him anymore, it still felt nice to hear. He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled a little wider.

"Likewise," he responded in kind. Then he leaned forward a little and extended his hand toward Tito's head. He looked up at her questioningly and asked, "Is it alright to pet him?"
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 19:07

"Of course you can pet him silly, he's always been barking the wrong tree." Melanie laughed as she tapped her dog's nose for him to walk to Brian's side. The dog sat there panting, awaiting Brian.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2015 - 21:39

Brian chuckled lightly and then tentatively petted Tito's head, not wanting to be too rough. 

"You're a good boy, huh?" he said softly, playing with the dog's ears a little bit. He then glanced up at Melanie and grinned. It seemed even he wasn't immune to a dog's charm.

"How long have you had Tito, Melanie?" Brian asked, now using both hands to ruffle his ears. "You two seem quite attached." 
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2015 - 22:05

"For about ten years. He was a stray that was about to be euthanized due to how long he was staying in the shelter, but now he's been a good boy since..." Melanie rolled her eyes at her dog walking away from Brian and began exploring the apartment.

"He's still a goofy-ass perro ninety percent of the time, but he's my perro regardless." She grinned again, her face still adapting to a foreign expression of a smile.

"So how long have you been living here Brian, you don't seem like a local at all." She asked him, getting up from the chair and browsing his small kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2015 - 23:22

Brian's features softened a little at Melanie's love for her dog. He could see it on her face and hear it in her voice, no matter how rough her exterior. Admittedly, having a pet was never something he seriously considered, he was starting to see just what was so attractive about it.

Brian's brow furrowed at the use of another Spanish word; yet another he did not recognize. He supposed that due to her heritage (she looked Latina), he would expect more of them. Again, he didn't feel it necessary to ask, and so shrugged his shoulders slightly.

At Melanie's question, Brian blinked a few times as he thought of an answer. His eyes tracked her movements as she seemed to be inspecting his tiny cooking space. He briefly wondered what she would think, though he remembered cleaning it recently so he wasn't worried. 

"No, I'm not a local," he answered, leaning back and putting his arm on the back of the chair. "I'm actually from Colorado. I went to university at Colorado State, and studied business and accounting. I moved here after."

He thought back to his childhood and his family. It had been a long time since he had seen them, though he did call them on the rare occasion. Ever since discovering their hatred for Alphas, essentially people who were just different from the norm (like he considered himself to be sometimes), it wasn't a place he wanted to be. He made the difficult decision to move away, and hadn't looked back since. His life had changed drastically from his time at university and his previous relationship. 
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015 - 1:16

While they spoke the rain picked up. Lightning flashing across the sky as the thunder lightly shook the windows. This almost covered up the sound of what happened outside. Almost. Alongside the sound of rain the sound of gunfire could be heard outside in large amounts. Right outside the window the strangest sight was seen, and it was that of what looked like a naked luminescent woman running through the middle of the street outside. Whatever she looked like before was overwritten by the teal blue light coming off of her. Less than a block behind her was a quadrupedal Honour Guard that looked similar to that of a spider in regards to the legs, but sported incredibly large automatic weapons protruding from his arms. As the Honour Guard fired it was clear that the bullets were ricocheting off the woman, but that the ricochet's were growing weaker.

That's when the poor woman tripped.

There she lay. Naked, in the rain, with an Honour Guard mere feet away from her. By this point the Guard had all but given up firing and instead walked closer to her, a cleaver replacing the hefty guns it had previously. With the distance and rain it was hard to tell, but onlookers could barely make out the tears running from her eyes. The Honour Guard steadied the cleaver over her torso, and moments before it was lowered her eyes fluttered open, the glow growing brighter. In that moment Melanie and Brian felt a strange pulse pass through their bodies, and if they were to look at one another they could see a faint blue outline for only a moment. After that they could see a significant sonic boom that shook the window significantly and threw the rain in all directions. The Honour Guard was now alone, and viewing it alone would be hard to determine emotions, but with its flat reactions and retraction of its weapons it's safe to say it certainly wasn't happy with the outcome before starting to walk off.

Lightning flashed once more, and the scene had ended. They were alone in Brians' apartment once more.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015 - 2:25

While Brian sat, he could hear the booming thunder and the spattering of the rain, and something else mixed into it... It sounded like rain, but it was different enough that it gave Brian pause. Standing up to investigate, he made his way over to the window. What he saw shocked him.

It wasn't every day one saw a naked person running through the streets, and it was stranger still when they had an unnatural glow about them. Brian could only watch in shock and fascination as the woman was chased by the dreaded Guard, but the sheer size and shape of the mechanical monster made Brian swallow uncomfortably at the thought of what it would do to the woman. It scared him honestly, as he had to yet to see something so frightening making its way through the streets so close to him.

Brian could only guess what type of mysterious power this woman had, and what she would do with it. When she tripped and was about to be cleaved in two, the bright glow she emitted blinded him for a moment and he reared back and away from the window. He looked down at himself and then at Melanie and noticed the blue glow around her form before it faded away. He gave her a confused look, not understanding what it meant, before his attention was once more drawn to the window. 

The sonic boom shook the window almost violently, and he was afraid that it would shatter at any moment, but it thankfully held and they weren’t showered with sharp pieces of glass. Brian frowned as he inspected himself for any signs of injury or anything else that would otherwise alert him to something wrong.

After a quick check, he went back to the window and watched as the Guard started to walk away, looking not quite defeated but…resigned to the fact that the Alpha had escaped. Brian then noticed that a couple of other individuals were looking at themselves strangely. Had they been affected by the glow as well? It didn’t make sense for some to be affected while others were not. Unless…

“Get away from the windows,” he said immediately, closing the blinds tightly and backing away slowly. 

He turned to Melanie then and said, “I have a very bad feeling about what just happened.”

Last edited by Capricorn Hunter on Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 2:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015 - 2:46

Melanie was already on the floor, leaning on the wall. She had already her dog in her arms, her hand holding Tito's mouth closed.

"Way ahead of ya, chico." She whispered to Brian, using her other hand to signal Brian to get closer.

"What's happening outside? I had to calm down Tito from that commotion downstairs..." Melanie trailed off and stare at Brian.

"... Did you feel that too? Like some light came through your body or somethin', Brian."

Last edited by CaR_HoPPeR on Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 21:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 21:20

Brian nodded and dashed beside Melanie, sitting on the floor with his legs crossed as he leaned his head back against the wall, taking in several deep breaths. He forced himself to remain calm. 

The spectacle outside was indeed strange, but Brian knew that nothing good came from the Honour Guard prowling around. Especially after seeing such a large mech with that kind of weaponry, he was feeling more than a little nervous. However, the important thing to remember was to keep a cool head in the situation, no matter what. Focusing on his breathing helped.

He turned his head to Melanie, briefly glancing at Tito and seeing how upset he was. Then he answer, "Honour Guard. There was a giant mech outside, chasing some woman who was glowing. When she was about to be killed, she emitted this powerful glow and just disappeared, causing that sonic boom outside." He paused then, looking over himself once more.

"And yes, I did feel that," he responded uneasily. He licked his lips and continued, "You had that glow about you as well..." He trailed off then, unsure what to say next. 

"I'm not sure what to do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Dog, Madd City   Good Dog, Madd City - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Dog, Madd City
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2