Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meical: Volume I

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Meical: Volume I - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 14:59

Kind of a weird dichotomy i noticed regarding Meical and her perspectives on laws and justice

Meical is highly disciplined and regimented, and keeps to a very strict code of conduct (which generally includes the fact that her family comes before all else). She can also navigate governmental politics and business affairs with little problem

At the same time though, she has remarkably little regard for the law
not because she doesn't believe they are worthless, not because she doesn't think that the goals of laws can't be accomplished
but because she knows how easily laws can be bent to hurt the people they are supposed to protect, and how those in the positions of power with regards to law can so very easily be corrupted by them and start using them for their own gain

thus, Meical plays by the laws when necessary (read: when she has to interact with human society), but when it comes to protecting her family all bets are off
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 13:42

Meical: Volume I - Page 4 B2b073f60aa67e8bb2faecc493891010-d9bg4qh

Fashion Adoptable Auction 42 - CLOSED
by Karijn-s-Basement

Meical: Volume I - Page 4 War_general_by_bogdanbl4-d34yszo

War General
by Bogdanbl4
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 22:18

Meical: Volume I - Page 4 Afi_by_arsenixc-d63oqgd

Afi
by arsenixc
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 19:52

So this is a thought I have been turning over for months, and it just started clicking to me when I was in my ASL class both how cool and how disorienting it would be if one of Meical’s nieces was born deaf
Because, suddenly, Meical can’t communicate with this little girl, and how uncomfortable and awkward that would make her

So, one day, the girl goes off to a boarding school for the deaf, as deaf kids often do, and Meical sees her off. And things go on as normal- the girl makes friends, learns how to sign, and just generally goes about her life

Then one day she is getting picked up to go on holiday

Once again, Meical is standing there

Out of habit, the girl greets her in sign language, only to shake her hands in apology and start to greet her verbally

…Meical returns the greeting, and asks her how she is
In. Sign language.

And it is so surprising for the girl, but she is so happy that she just starts signing away, and Meical just signs right along with her
And then she gets a double-whammy: Meical is giving matching facial expressions and body language right along with her. This is highly unusual, because as I believe I’ve mentioned (but maybe I haven’t) in previous posts, Meical is very stoic, and her body language is very taut and alert. So for this particular girl’s last impression was of Meical basically as a statue to suddenly have her aunt as fluent and as expressive as she is, that is unreal, and it just makes her so happy

And it is also really weird to everyone else they interact with, especially old friends and students, who are used to Meical being very stone-faced to suddenly have her face lighting up and morphing in order to get the nonverbal grammar just right is just so unreal and strange that they start to think they are hallucinating

This might just be the most expressive Meical ever allows herself to be, now that I think of it

And sorry, going off topic here a little bit, but I imagine this girl growing up and wearing Lolita-style fashion, and just having the most on-point manners and her signs are just so light and delicate. She has such a lovely face, and she can make the most artful expressions you’ve ever seen to get her feelings across just right, because she never actually makes a sound
Not because she’s actually mute, but because she prefers to let her hands do the talking and let her face get the mood across, as she is just much better at doing that than trying to sound out words

And…sometimes it pisses people off… but that’s what Meical is there for. And sometimes people don’t understand sign language…see previous answer

And some days she walks into biker bars by accident, and the club members get a little bit pissed, but then she starts signing her apology, and one of the club members happens to have a sister he loves to pieces who is also deaf, and he starts signing back and the whole situation defuses

And then there’s the days when she and Meical are on the metro in some massive metropolis, and they see an upsetting scene: a poor, deaf girl is trying to sign to a police officer for help, but he doesn’t understand what she is trying to say and is getting visibly upset. So this girl in her elegant little pink and black dress walks up, puts a hand on the cop’s shoulder, gives him a calming smile, and begins to sign to the girl. Find out the girl had come here with a tourist group, had gotten separated from them, and was now hopelessly lost, and was just trying to get someone to help her find her way back. Meical translates their conversation to the cop, who looks a bit sheepish and starts getting in contact with other patrols to try and track down the group while Meical and her niece lead them both to a nearby café and treat them to tea and cake while they wait, not leaving until the group is contacted and comes to pick the girl up

Oookay, sorry if this one rambled; just had to get this one out
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2016 - 10:18

Idea I had some time ago:

one of meical's nieces is going to school, and gets kind of upset because all the other kids think it is strange that she doesn't have a male role model in her life (this would be one of those that Meical raised on her own)

so, with parent/teacher conferences coming up, Meical decides to do a thing

the night of the conference, the double doors of the school burst open, and in strides a man, 7 feet tall, broad as a goddamn mountain, muscular, mustache-d, and with the biggest, warmest smile you've ever seen in your life
(for those of you who play League, you might pick up on the fact that he was based off of Braum)
and on his shoulders is the little niece, happy as can be

Meical explains that the giant is her brother, the niece's uncle, who visits the house frequently to help raise the girl
in reality...that's not too terribly far from the truth- Meical literally spun him from her own flesh, blood, and soulstuff. for lack of a better term, he is her twin.

with that said, however, she made him in the image of everything that she considered herself not to be: he is boisterous, good with people, quick to laugh and smile, warm, emotional; everything that a person should be, in her mind, to raise children, he is

but, because he is more emotionally free, he is much more susceptible to the pain of losing child after child to age and disease, and actually shows it. a couple generations down the line, he starts leaving from time to time to try and do good and feel better elsewhere, or just to be by himself. These sabbaticals start getting longer as time goes by, until there are entire generations who have never met him. those who do get introduced to him love him to pieces, but that makes it all the harder on him when he has to bury them too

and then we find out, during one of his talks with Meical, that she feels everything he does
She just keeps pushing forward because she has to
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016 - 9:44

Meical: Volume I - Page 4 Lonely__wolf___samurai__updated_t_shit_design___by_sakimichan-d3lmf0u

lonely -wolf- Samurai .Updated.T-shirt design .
by sakimichan
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 23:15

spoiler'd due to size:

Nazi bits aside, i think #1 is actually a pretty good representation of what Meical might look like when she is bothered to enter into military service for any reason
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 Jun 2016 - 18:02

"'Been around the block'?! Fuck that- she built the block!"
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 17:32

Oh my god, i don't know why it took me so long to put this together

For so long I have been wondering how Meical wouldn't simply advance medicine and keep her nieces alive, or else cure them of their various illnesses personally. Hell, for that matter, all she would really have to do would be to rip out her own heart, transplant it into her niece's body, and the girl would be perfectly healthy, and Meical would just grow a new one

Easy answer as to why she doesn't, without making her an asshole

She can't

as per her agreement with the aspect of death, she can defend her niece and provide for her, BUT she is not allowed to personally intervene to save her family members from their own wasting. basic first aid? fine. But surgery? medical R&D? Life support? She is not permitted to do undertake these actions, lest she be sent back and be unable to further aid her family.
This also further displays why the aspect of death didn't think she would last longer than a few generations- how unbearably hard must it be to watch your family suffer from illnesses and despite every scrap of knowledge and skill you have be unable to help them?

That might be partially why Meical enjoys teaching so much- sure, it makes her niece happy, and it is by far preferable to fighting, but it also helps to ensure that medicine and treatments can be expedited, and ascertain that her niece may be on the bleeding edge of medical application
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 20:23

Wow, can't believe I've never done a personality test for Meical before
well, now i have

and according to the quick and dirty version provided by psychcentral.com, Meical iiis:

ISTJ
The Duty Fulfiller

and just judging from the description, I'd say that fits pretty well:
Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.

although, have to give credit where it is due- psychcentral's is a quiz for entertainment and personal education, so take it with a grain of salt

aaand since i already have it pulled up, here are a few tropes that a tumblr-user says would define Meical as a character:

The Reliable One- I can see it
Unfazed Everyman- i think she evolved to Genre Savvy after she died the first time, but yeah okay
Cloudcuckoolander's Minder- At times (a lot of times)
Loyal to the Position- ohhh yeah
Obstructive Bureaucrat- loool, i could see it at rare moments, but i think either Beleaguered or Badass Bureaucrat would fit better (then again, what do you expect me to say)

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 12:06

So I went back and read the in-depth analysis of what ISTJ's are like and Ho-Ly Shit does it match up well. here, i'll go ahead and list each instance that fits Meical's personality

-primary mode of living is focused internally...take things in via the five senses. secondary is internal...deal with things rationally and logically
-quiet and reserved individuals...interested in security and peaceful living
-strong-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on difficult tasks
-organized and methodical, can generally succeed at any task which they undertake
-very loyal, faithful, and dependable
-...can be depended on to to the right thing for their families (and communities)
-if they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort
-extremely dependable on following through with things which she has promised. for this reason, she sometimes gets more and more work piled on her. because the istj has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying 'no' when they are given more work than she can reasonably handle. for this reason, the ISTJ often work long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of
-...will work for long periods of time and put tremendous energy into doing any task which she sees as important to a goal.
-...prefers to work alone, but works well in teams when the situation demands it
-likes to be accountable for their actions
-has a tremendous respect for facts. holds a tremendous store of facts within herself, which she has gathered through her Sensing preference
-if shown the importance or relevance of an idea by someone whom she has respect for or cares for, the idea becomes a fact, which she will internalize and support
-once the ISTJ supports a cause or idea, she will stop at no lengths to ensure that they are doing their duty of giving support where support is needed
-...not naturally in tune with her own feelings
-may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately
-being a perfectionist, she has a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like she takes her own efforts for granted. needs to remember to pat people on the back once in a while
-likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others
-however, their strong sense of duty and the ability to see what needs to be done in any situation usually allows her to overcome her natural reservation, and she is usually quite supporting and caring with the people she loves
-once the ISTJ realizes the emotional needs of those she is close to, puts forth efforts to meet those needs
-extremely faithful and loyal
-traditional and family-minded
-will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families run smoothly
-good and generous provider for her family (families)
-cares deeply about those close to them, although not comfortable with expressing her love
-likely to express affection through action, rather than words
-possesses an excellent ability to take any task and define, plan, and implement it through completion
-very hard worker who does not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing her duties
-does not usually give herself enough credit for her achievements, seeing her accomplishments as simply the natural fulfillment of her obligations
-great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation
-acutely aware of her senses
-under stress, ISTJ's may fall into 'catastrophe mode', where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. will berate herself for things which they should have done differently, or duties which she failed to perform
-will lose her ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with visions of their doom
-in general, the ISTJ has a tremendous amount of potential.
-capable, logical, reasonable, and effective...with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living
-has what it takes to be highly effective at achieving her chosen goals, whatever they may be

sooo, yeah, pretty much all of it. to a goddamn T. and taken to extremes.
God...
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Jul 2016 - 20:55

another possible good reason that meical doesn't, or perhaps won't sleep:
she often has internal ruminations about the existence she has led, showing just how world-weary she is, tired of the constant slaughter
she does not regret giving her family a chance to live out their lives in relative safety, but in her darkest moments she wonders if they would be better off without her, or whether the world (and the multiverse) would be better without the both of them
she very quickly stops herself from going down that track, or logic'ing herself out of it, because that would break her contract with the being that let her come back, which would send her back to the afterlife and doom whichever niece to living on without her protection
but it leaves her with the lingering unease of what her subconscious actually wants, and fears that if she were to ever actually let go, she might end up causing this personal calamity in her sleeep
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Jul 2016 - 22:22

Meical playlist, perhats?

greatest battle music of all times: exorcist
united we stand divided we fall
god mode- sons of amon
most emotional music ever: krone
rise of the saturn: titan slayer
the hero within
daughter of the flame
most epic music ever: when our journey ends
most epic osts of all time: you are my king
most wondrous battle music ever: jousou speed battle
most wondrous music ever: die for it
most wondrous battle music ever: invincible
they are here- elegy music
most wondrous battle music ever: kuvera
most wondrous music ever: U & Cloud
most wondrous battle music ever: accelerated world
most epic music ever: lacrimosa
most epic music ever: passion of victory
most epic music ever: time to come
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 19:56

the thought occurs to me: how would meical react to receiving a glitter bomb? as in, if someone sent her a glitter bomb through the mail, what would she do?

and after thinking about it for a bit, i would say... probably nothing
like, she could probably see it coming from a mile away and dodge it, but it's really more the question of why would she bother? the only reason i could imagine is if she was concerned it contained an airborne poison or something, and she could smell that before she even opened it

so, if she is just dealing with glitter poofing over her, i can't say she would even care. if she needs to get if off, she can, and if she doesn't she can wait for it to go away, because it's not like it's hurting anything. if anything, glitter is probably one of the more benign things she's had thrown in her face by that point- knives, bullets, glass, sand; she'd probably take getting glitter-bombed vs getting in a fight any day of the week

okay, that was a weird thought train. moving on
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 10:09

Was looking at some clips for the movie Lord of War, and had the idea that since Meical hates fighting but has accepted that humans are more or less determined to kill one another, she becomes an arms dealer, so that she can make an obscene amount of money to care for her niece at the time

it certainly doesn't hurt that even if she is working with dangerous and psychotic despots and warlords, none of them can kill her, or even all necessarily injure her- they could shoot her in the face and she'd just write up the weapon as sold, and bill them for the shot too

also, as it turns out she is really working behind the scenes, supplying weapons here and there, applying favors where and when needed, so that she can direct the wars and eventually put the world in a state of relatively peaceful equilibrium
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Oct 2016 - 11:30

Trying to imagine one of Meical's nieces finding out just how many things her aunt is doing/paying attention to and trying to her to cut back, so as to limit her stress levels

*Meical blinks*
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 23:51

Possible cape names for Meical if she ever happened to go to Worm-verse's Earth Bet, because why not:

achlys- personification of eternal night
*Nemesis
aetna- personification of the volcano that typhon was buried under. mediated a disagreement between Demeter and Hephaestus
Cer- personification of violent death. daughter of Nyx
Alecto- one of the Furies. the Unresting
Hecate
Melinoe- goddess of the Underworld
Nyx
Poene- goddess of retaliation
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 2:17

Welp, that was a depressing thought

was reading a list of asks on tumblr, and one of them happened to be "What would you title the book about your life/your autobiography"

and my immediate thought was that Meical, if it was her choice, would call her autobiography:
The Emptiest Book Ever Published

and it would be completely empty, aside from the very last page, which would have a small "END" somewhere out of the way

reason being: if Meical had any choice at all, people would never know who she is; her entire life and history would be expunged, because she being herself thinks that her life would be very depressing to read, and would prefer people simply forget about her

of course, she would rather not have a book written about her at all, but assuming she Had to pick a title, that would be well in line of what she'd want
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 0:20

Shawn Mendes- Mercy
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 0:30

Meical: Volume I - Page 4 Tumblr_p6sra9bOK91r0h3a4o1_540

Meical aesthetic much?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meical: Volume I
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4