Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

QUESTION SLATE

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Mar 2015 - 12:47

or iceplay, that happens immediately and isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 11:58

What are some skills (things you learn by study or practice) that are uncommon or unusual for a warrior to possess?

examples provided by TS, Best, and Grave: Hackysack, juggling, sewing (kind of on the fence, because it would be practical for a warrior to know how to mend his or her own garments and fix their own armor), playing any kind of normal sport
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 12:47

Knitting, domestic animal whispering, crop tending, chiseling (like making statues and shit)
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 13:49

Sewing is pretty common skill for most people in the military and etc. I personally wouldn't say it's unusual.

I think an advanced conception of mathematics would be too out of a fighter's sphere of... needs to be acquired. they might be very good at arithmetic, but somehow I doubt they'd know anything about integration.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 18:10

depending on the era; Photography, or realism painting.

Also; optometry, dentistry, proctology, fishing, meditation, and interpretive or ballroom dance.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 18:11

These are all amazing- thank you all Smile
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 1:33

*points*

Fishing is actually practical for this kind of scenario
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 9:54

Oooo, bird watching! Can turn out to be practical but doens't seem to be.

Also acapella music skills, and hamboning while we're at that.

And ice skating (figure skating).

And break dancing.

And playing the lute.

And one singular card trick, just one.

And speaking fluent obscure language, like Tajik.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2015 - 12:55

Is it feasible for a planet with 3 moons and no nearby star to possess life at the scale of our known Earth?
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2015 - 17:26

only if it was colonized by another planet that can do the relative equivalent of terraforming because you need a star like our sun. Could be larger or smaller but you need a relatively similar relationship.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2015 - 18:19

That planet would have weird-ass tides and gravity

and be cold

otherwise totally
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 6:29

without a sun near enough, though, you'd only be able to manage extremeophille life forms. And we've only found those existing as very tiny creatures so far, but a larger one could be possible. So not life like ours, but possibly.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2015 - 15:47

Okay, poll time:

Come the end of the semester, I will have about 4 bucks left in my printing account for the university. Every student has about 8 bucks per semester to print off whatever documents they want or need, using the university printers. However, the money does not carry over from semester to semester, so you use it or you lose it.

So my question is this: with the money I have remaining, what should I print off?
As a note, I always appreciate jokes, but I am being mildly serious here. I hate spending money, but money just vanishing because i didn't use it is even worse. What should I spend it on?

Useful thing: the printers use 8 cents per page for black and white, and 16 cents per page in color
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2015 - 16:24

10 pages of real world bit coins, and the pdf of Call of Cthulhu.
and ascii pictures of a butt to be put on bulletin boards in the middle of the night when no one will see who did it.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 18:28

A thought occurs:

flies tend to avoid hits so easily due to the fact that they process so much perceptual information that, to them, the world seems to be moving in slow-motion

My question is: how much do you think we would have to increase the size of the visual cortex to get similar results? Would it even really be feasible?
I have my suspicions, but I want to hear what you think
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 19:04

I get the feeling we'd have to almost double the size of our brain. Also they can get that visual range only due to the surface area of their faces that are their eyes, so we'd also need much larger eyes that go onto the the top and side of our heads along with the foreward front.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 2:55

Fun fact:

Flies pretty much never dodge vertically. This means that they only fly sideways, forward, or back in order to evade an incoming danger. When swatting flies, never come from the top or bottom, because you will almost never hit them. Always come from the sides, this will leave them with such a minimal area to evade in, that you are almost guaranteed to hit them unless you're retarded.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 0:39

General Question:

Which would you choose:
A Giant Fighting Robot of your personal design

OR

Superpowers

???

I am willing to entertain arguments from either side, provided they are thought out
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 18:55

question slate: i realize it is often very situational, but do you think males or females make better spies?
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 0:47

It really depends on the mission. Either could be more advantageous than the other, given the situation. Riding entirely on stereotypes, women for the charm and men for the ability to snap necks and not give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 17:14

Would having super strength cause extra changes in the body? I mean, to an extent it would have to- if the flesh weren’t more resistant to damage, if the bones weren’t made any stronger, the forces exerted by the power would literally tear the body apart
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 17:16

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 16:16

Really dumb question, but how strange would it be for a girl's name to be 'Sugar'?

I know it is a pet name (especially down in the southern US), and there are some pets who could probably get away with being named this

but for a person's legit, legal name to be Sugar, how strange would that be?
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2015 - 1:29

Not very. A coworker of mine is named Honey, after all.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 16:44

which is less stereotypical:

a person having a birthday on Halloween and loving it, really getting into the spirit and all that

or

someone who has that same birthday, and absolutely hates it, and tries to avoid all associations with the holiday (kinda like how most people would hate having a birthday on christmas)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUESTION SLATE   QUESTION SLATE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

QUESTION SLATE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: