Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anime

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 0:39

Feels bad for Ayane's High Kick
it was a kickboxing anime I saw when I was a kid, and just remembered this morning at work. I only remembered seeing the first couple episodes so I'm like, 'hey, I'll just look it up and watch the rest'

Well, there is no 'rest' of Ayane's High Kick
It was a 2-episode sports anime that never really got a lot of popularity, despite the fact that it had a good mix of action and comedy, as well as an interesting premise

So, yeah, that was that

Oh, also
I picked up Ouran High School Host Club from the library (because fuck it)
I am only like, 2 episodes in and
what
the
fuck?!?!

This anime is so stupid and ridiculous, but I like it.
It has beautiful art, great characters, it's cute, I love the character Haruhi (not to mention her english voice actress is amazing)
and
it's funny
I almost never like comedy, so this was either really well done, or my standards are lower than I thought. Time alone will tell which it is
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 21:25

Decisions have been made:

once I finish Railgun S, I am shelving Durarara! for the moment (I have been trying to get through it for about 5 months now, and am getting nowhere)

My next 'non-serious' anime will be HighSchool DxD
My next 'serious' anime is a toss-up between Rin: Daughter of Mnemosyne and Attack on Titan
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 22:42

Shinsekai Yori you nigger
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 14:50

Oh yeah, that one too
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2015 - 22:51

I made a mistake, I started watching Baccano and Overlord

I still haven't finished any other series

sooo
Shimonetta (kind of- the group is watching that)
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Baccano
Assassination Classroom
Overlord

that said, Shimonetta, MonMus and Overlord are still ongoing, and I am almost through Baccano already, sooo
...fuck
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2015 - 15:46

Just a note on Assassination Classroom
this is a spoiler, you have been warned:

Problem w/ episode 13:
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Aug 2015 - 23:33

Okay, I'll have to fill this out tomorrow but

Just finished bum-rushing Baccano

and it

is

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 19:18

KissAnime is down!

FUCK!!
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Sep 2015 - 0:55

Baccano- set in the 1930s (and 1711...and 2001- the story jumps around), this is a story about immortals and gangsters and immortal gangsters, and gangsters who want to be immortal and gangsters who think they are already immortal and gangsters who think there's no such thing as an immortal.

Yeah yeah, i know.

Honestly, this series is fantastic. It can be a little confusing if you don't watch all the dates, but it sorts itself out.
Loads of characters, each with their own quirks. My personal favorites are, without doubt, Claire and Ennis, although Firo and Chane draw up just behind them (just realized the pairs- son of a-)
Great series, great setting, beautiful musical score, grand selection of characters. Good show, overall- i just wish they put out more than 16 episodes

Assassination Classroom
At one of the most prestigious schools in Japan, there is a special class that has been marked for humiliation and despair for the sake of increasing the morale and forcibly boosting the grades of the rest of the school.
Thing is, this class and their decrepit, isolated campus just got a new feature added to it: a new teacher who is... odd, to say the least. He's a cephalopod who can fly, regenerate limbs, and exceed speeds of Mach 20. He also turned the majority of the moon into dust and plans to do the same to the Earth

but first

he wants to...teach their class?
the kids are briefed by the government and given a deal: kill their teacher (which no military has so far managed) and get 10 billion cash
only issue is, he's kind of the best teacher they've ever had

The assassination aspect is usually played for laughs, but it has plenty of serious moments (and they are usually the best). my favorite character is Nagisa, hands down, though Ritsu can pull close behind (for as little screen time as she gets)

I am really hoping they continue the series, given time
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Oct 2015 - 8:28

So apparently there was a release trailer for RWBY Volume 3 last night

and I still cannot find it...
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 13:15

Putting down so i can put them up later:

Shimonetta
Monster Musume no iru Nichijou
Overlord
La corda d'oro
Danchigai

also, started Highschool DxD and Hellgirl (although I might stop on Hellgirl for a while; i started the 2nd season instead of the 1st by accident)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 16:32

overlord
     you know the classic game-based anime: very popular online game is closing down, and one lucky/unlucky soul on the server gets dragged along at server's end to a place where the game is now real, and he is now a fully-leveled monster who is trying to both find the friends he hasn't seen in years, and trying to find a way out
     I wasn't quite sure what to think when i first heard about this anime, but after the first few minutes of episode 1 I was fucking Hooked. since the anime ended, I have actually gone about the manga adaptation, the light novel, and am looking into the cd dramas and the web original. It is a fantastic series full of great characters, and I have my fingers crossed for a season 2

shimonetta- in a japan that has violently outlawed lewd an inappropriate attire, media, and language, one particularly vulgar girl is out to change things, and a hapless boy who just wants to follow the girl he admires gets dragged into the mix.
     Honestly, this ecchi is nowhere near as bad as I make it out to be; it is funny, over-the-top, and ridiculous, but for some reason i just couldn't really get into it. Still, it is a solid piece that you can get some laughs out of, so if that is what you are looking for, definitely check it out.

monster musume no iru nichijou- if you have read the manga section, you are probably pretty aware of my thoughts on this series. Yes, I am trash, but I love Monster Musume, so when I heard that it was, at long last, getting an anime, I had mixed thoughts. on the one hand, yeah, it could give some life and voice to the characters I know and love, and allows for unique opportunities that the manga itself cannot. On the other hand, there is a lot of chance for events to be rushed, things to be ignored, and for shit in general to get fucked up
     all in all thought, it was actually decent series. I have some insider knowledge, so i can tell what deviated from the original story and when, but I still enjoyed it. Also, the anime brought the story to a brand new audience, and the fanbase has been absolutely fantastic in putting out original content and new stuff, and that is in addition to the content that has been released by the company. The only real issue I can put out there is that some of my favorite characters (like Rachnera) didn't get enough screentime, but if that is my only real complaint about the show as a whole, it isn't that bad.
     Good show, can't wait for another season

la corda d'oro
finally finished this series after about a fucking year wait. Girl gets dragged into a music competition by a Fata (music Fairy) and has to pretend her way through the contest while also dealing with the feelings she is developing for the other contestants.
     this is actually a really good show: great art, well-rounded characters, and downright beautiful music. the only thing is that, while i realize this is a drama and a romance anime (based off of a relationship simulator no less), the show just gets on my nerves sometimes with how oblivious some of the characters are.
     good show, you should watch, unless you are bad at feels, in which case do not watch or you will bawl your eyes out.
           As a side note, romantic issues aside, I actually like the character of Hino Kahoko. fantastic development, fun to watch, and some of her every-man reactions to the crazy shit going on around her are gold.

danchigai
     not much i can say about this particular series of shorts, other than that they are adorable and you should watch them. Great art, good characters, short and to the point episodes.
     each 3-ish minute episode is centered around Haruki, an every-man high school boy who lives with his four sisters (Mutsuki, Yayoi, Uzuki, and Satsuki), and the show just follows their everyday shenanigans as Haruki's sisters lecture him, play pranks on him, and generally make his life difficult. Still, it's everyday life in their household, and Haruki likes his life.
     If you have an hour to devote to anime, give this series a shot. it's great

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Sat 21 Nov 2015 - 13:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 16:33

Note to self:
watch the princess resurrection OVAs and Rin: Daughters of Mnemoyne
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 17:54

utawarerumono: itsuwari no kamen

anyone know shit about this one?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 1:47

If you haven't watched la corda d'oro, this will make no sense- move along:
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 19:23

Assassination Classroom has been renewed by Lerche studios for a 2nd season, and is slated to air in January of 2016

Fuck Yeah!
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Nov 2015 - 0:48

okay, for some reason, i have really been struggling to watch anime over the past 2 weeks or so

in response, i am going to do this properly
i am going to watch the first couple episodes of:
highschool dxd
rin: daughters of Mnemosyne
attack on titan
shinsekai yori

and will decide from there what I will actually watch
also, i actually got through about a quarter of Shangri la in one night, so i don't know what the problem is. probably the fact that i have shangri la on dvd and can binge it while i run on the treadmill
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2015 - 16:41

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne

Reeeally hoping I missed something, because the way this anime ended, i felt...kind of cheated, for some reason.
Honestly, the show is really good as well as remarkably strange. It's about immortals, and how immortals interact with the normal world
through that, we find that there are two main constants: sex, and death, with a lot of fucking pain thrown in for flavor

great show, just finished binge-watching about the last 3 1/2 episodes, and it is a good one, imo, but i doubt it is everyone's cup of tea

Edit: i feel obligated to mention that, while different anime are made for different people and age groups, Rin is solidly an adult-oriented series. just throwing that out there; don't say i didn't warn you
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Dec 2015 - 20:25

currently watching/kind of watching:
one punch man
rakudai kishi no cavalry
cowboy bebop
shangri-la
Hacka Doll the Animation
Attack on Titan
Highschool DxD
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2015 - 14:05

Okay, so I just finished Cowboy Bebop last night and...
...feelings are pretty mixed

first things first: it's a bit of an older anime (it was produced over a decade ago), but the art is still really good, the characters are fantastic, the stories it tells are great, and I love the feel and aesthetic of the show

The show focuses around a group of bounty hunters who travel the galaxy on the spaceship Bebop, doing all kinds of jobs, getting into trouble, and digging up each others' pasts. There are all kinds of people who show up throughout the series, but the show primarily focuses on the protag cast: Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed (Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV), and their dog Ein. Usually, I like having lots of background characters to speculate about, but I am remarkably okay with this cast.

but that said, I feel kind of...cheated, by the show
apparently this is a pretty common feeling from what I've gathered from my immediate friendgroup, but the fact stands. A lot of the story arcs, good as they are, feel short, clipped, like there was supposed to be more, but it got left in the production booth by mistake.
And in particular, The Ending. What the Actual Fuck; was this actually supposed to close anything? Is there something I am missing here? like, you spent all this time bringing these characters together, then you split them up without giving much justification as to why, and don't even give as an epilogue to show us what happened to them all after the fact?

Gods, this fucking show. good, but at the same time so bad

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 16:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Dec 2015 - 20:01

I just started watching Maoyu, and I love how by episode 3 the maid is going, ‘Will you to just fuck already!”
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2016 - 13:28

So I finished Maoyu last night

it is a great show, and i loved it, but at the same time the ending doesn't really seem to have gotten anywhere. Granted, the goal of the main duo, as stated in episode 1, was to achieve world-wide and lasting peace- it would take longer than 12 episodes to accomplish that. Still, i thought they would get closer than they did- where we leave off, the world is on the brink of a religious war, the demons are still expecting to get a war in which they can triumph over the humans, the humans are only just broaching the subject of peace-able human/demon interaction, and parties on both sides have palpably dangerous agendas of their own.
Still, there may yet be hope for a second season, so all is not lost

This show is based around two sides that are constantly at war: the humans, and the demons. In the midst of this conflict, there arose a Hero (that is literally his name) who possessed the power to destroy the Demon King. When he finally got there, he found out that not only is the Demon King a woman (the title is traditional- deal with it), but she has been waiting for him.
Turns out that the Demon King is very intellectual, and has realized that it wouldn't be good for either side if anyone outright won the war, nor would it be good for the war to end immediately. what she offers Hero is the opportunity to make the world better for everyone, humans and demons, and not through fighting (which is what he's done all his life) but through advancements in education and technology.

All of that is covered in episode 1, and the rest of the story is about their adventures trying to make the world a better place (and succeeding for the most part). Notable events include the introduction of potatoes and corn, a memorable reunion with Hero's old companion Knight, the Demon King confessing who she is to the Knight (who takes it rather well, on account of Hero confiding in her previously), the human and demon commanders of Gate City forging a tenuous alliance on their own, the Crimson Scholar (read: Demon King) being pronounced a heretic by the ruling church (and the local populace not giving a flying fuck), the Scholar being pronounced a saint by the local church, and at the end of the series it is revealed that smallpox might soon be eliminated.
it is also revealed that demons and humans are already working together- the Azure demons and the heads of the Central Church are in cahoots so that they can control the entire world between them

Lead characters, aside from the Demon King and the Hero, include the Head Maid (from the Demon King's clan), the Sister Maids (that the Demon King saved while they were running away), the Knight and the Old Man (former companions of Hero), the Winter King (the current one, whose father died), the Young Merchant (who has a thing for the Crimson Scholar), and the three Youngsters from Winter's Pass who were taught by the Crimson Scholar
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 12:50

I may have a problem

I want to start the Fate series
especially fate kaleid liner prisma illya
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 17:52

do it
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2016 - 22:43

Adding to the ‘to-watch’ list: Ore Monogatari!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime   Anime - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next