Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Æther Pool

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Æther Pool - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 19:38

New character name:

Aurora Warfield
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2015 - 16:50

faerie whose physical colour scheme is pink, but hates the color, can normally be seen dressed in apple green, and tries to color herself that in any way she can, as she prefers greens

Shayla Black

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2015 - 22:31

Had an idea...two days ago? for a character with psychokinesis
can use it in the fashion that most psychokinetics do, with applying force at distance, moving things with the mind, inflicting damage, etc.

however, i was also having thoughts of the elfen lied opening, and i've been watching Toaru Kagaku no Railgun recently, which is really fond of using powers in really broad spectrums.

So here was the thought:
with psychokinesis, this character sees the world as a series of increasingly-interlocking puzzle pieces. the world is made up of atoms, which combine to make molecules, which combine to make cells, then tissues, than organs, then systems, then organisms (or any micro-to-macro system you can physically consider). Thing is, as puzzle pieces, the person can lift sets of pieces out of the whole and move it away, but also put it back.

Now, what do I mean by this?
example: you have a gate. the gate is locked. Now, you could rip the gate open or blow it up, but that will attract a lot of attention, and even if it doesn't initially, you still leave a giant hole in the gate that is very visible.
     What this character (uuughgghghgh- let's call this person Blair), she just takes the gate apart at a molecular level and puts it back when she passes through.

however, does this mean that Blair does not kill people by tearing them apart in really nasty ways? Not at all.

The funny-not funny part about this? The original inspiration for this character was Haruhi Fujioka, from Ouran HighSchool Host Club. The two of them... are similar... only in the vaguest sense of the term.

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Tue 11 Aug 2015 - 14:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 0:26

Make it your RN character
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 12:46

lolmaybe
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 12:20

*imperceptibility- you cannot be perceived
this one could do by itself
*supersede- come back to life by forcefully gaining control over another's body within range
this could create a lot of childhood trauma

*aetherform- create a golem/construct/simulacrum out of aether
monster under the bed, anybody?
*plasma- generates plasma

*Vore- absorb details about a subject to gain its likeness, its knowledge, or its power

*darkfire- black flame that is freezing cold to the touch and snuffs out light in the area
very odd way for parents to die in a house fire, wouldn't you say?

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 17:49

For some reason, I really want to make a character with this:

Æther Pool - Page 4 Doom_3_pentagram_detailed_by_aku_san

branded onto them somewhere

the image is a pentagram from doom three, and was drawn by Amu-San
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Jul 2015 - 13:16

I was riiiiiight about to say that it looks like it's from Doom 3, until I read that it actually was

Lol
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 18:55

Really want to have a thief-type character who has really bright, golden-blonde hair, but is constantly dye-ing it various shades of black and gray so that it won't give her away in the dark if the moon happens to shine down just right
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 21:06

Idea for someone who has Duplication:
Every time this person makes a copy, they get slightly smaller; almost imperceptibly at first, but as they copy more and more times the original continues to get smaller. At the point I imagined, she has been shrunk down to the point where she can be kept locked in a rat cage, or transported in a bottle
This idea originally sprang from memories of an episode of Cyber-Chase I watched when I was younger
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2015 - 21:09

Autumn/Coil- Anita Blake
Just me being stupid, but I wrote up my own weretiger OC for Anita Blake. This is based at the beginning of Dead Ice for those who read and/or care
Coil is a blue weretiger, not born into the clans, but was infected at a relatively early age (like, 14). She became a mercenary because it was one of the few options really open for her. She comes to Jean-Claude and Anita’s court because she heard that A) they were looking for new guards and B) they were looking for a weretiger to add to their marriage for the sake of prophecy. She figures “hey, if it works, it works, and if it doesn’t, I at least get a job.”
So she meets Anita with the rest of the weretigers, and is put on the options list alongside Fortune and Echo.
She is surprisingly upbeat for someone who was practically kicked out of school and society and 15. She keeps up with events, is open with people and relationships of all types, and is remarkably straight-forward. She enjoys going on late-night walks to the store for snacks, and likes tea in particular.
She is 5’10 with tanned skin and waist-length hair of a red so deep that it should seem to be artificial. Broad of shoulder, though small of chest. Well-defined arms and legs, and teeth that are sharp from spending a bit too much time in animal form.

What’s-her-name and Carmelia the .44-
Girl whose family was somewhat wealthy, but known for having a couple of backstabbers and more than a few assholes. Her father collected guns, and taught her to love them. When her father died, he left his entire collection to her, but one of her uncles took her (as a teen) to court and got the majority of them, leaving her with only a couple.
Since that time, this girl (aww fuck it, let us call her…Fortune[oh my god, the irony]) has had little trust for people, save for one man, the young heir of a medical company who tries and tries to keep her well (and even him she doesn’t trust too much).
This friend, Roland we shall call him, also gives her use of a disused shooting range on the edge of his property, which is good because the only things that really relax her are physical activities, and shooting in particular.
Her favorite gun (and best friend) is a .44 magnum revolver that she named Carmelia (a habit she picked up from her late father). Other guns she has include Oswald, a .700 Nitro that her father took away from one of his nephews when he used it to poach elephants, and Thorn, a Rolling-Block rifle that helped hunt a particular breed of wolves nearly to extinction. Each of Fortune’s guns brings out certain emotions in her, most mixed, but some have a leaning towards good and bad (ex. Oswald will bring up a few bad feelings, but nowhere near as many as Thorn. However it will never bring out as many good feelings as Carmelia (then again, no gun will)
As she doesn’t get along well with people, she does not hold jobs well, and frequently has to go have ‘conversations’ with Carmelia to calm down. Unfortunately, once her co-workers figure out that Carmelia is the name of a gun and not a person (hey, guns are people too!), they kind of tend to call the cops on her, which annoys her to no end (note to self: never tell co-workers about your hobbies)
If you want to apologize for something, the best way to do it is to show that you understand her. A common apology would be a box of ammunition (.44 is the best, for obvious reasons), and if you want to start over from scratch the best way to do that would be to get her a new (or new to her) gun. This is not so much a money aspect as it is you showing her you understand her interests. However, while the best gift you could ever give her is one of her father’s guns (which were sold to collectors around the world and are thus very difficult to acquire) the only person who could get away with it without some serious questions would be Roland. Regardless, however, if you give her something that doesn’t work (a nonfunctioning gun, for instance) that is a terrible insult.
Fortune wants to work with old things, and her dream job is to be the curator at a major museum. This dream is reflected in her preferences: while she likes guns of all types, she much prefers weapons that are old and have a story behind them to ones that are brand new and fresh from the factory.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 15:25

Hey TS,
this is a character design I actually do want to run at a later date, and I figure one of your campaigns would probably be the best set-up for me to do it in (just given the feel your campaigns always seem to have)
that is, if you ever actually want to run another D&D campaign. if not, then this will all be moot point
In any case, here we go:

My Artificer Character:
-draws a lot from Karras from Thief the Metal Age. Builds army of constructs, both for personal use & combat purposes
Some clunky, some elegant. Most of them embellished and etched with scripture and scrollwork
Might try and get to selling them to spread influence (among other things)
May or may not be trying to commit genocide against organics

Cyborgs/Half-golems ~ Servants??

Mechanical carriages should be a thing he does

His combat constructs (like Karras’) feature artillery. Their cannons, however, fire not fireballs but conjured spheres of acid (may or may not target organic material specifically)
-can manage this because he keeps a pet warlock locked up in his workshop, and pulls power/abilities out of her to fuel his constructs
Phylactery/Memory storage of some sort? In case someone manages to kill him?

Bottom-up: Psuedo-Karras builds constructs of a given type. As he gets better, learns more, gets better funding, etc. not only can he build more, but he can build better. The lesser creations are put under the charge of the greater ones. As these greaters become lesser to someone else, they keep charge of their lesser, but also take orders from their greaters.
In this way, Psuedo-Karras only has to directly control his personal servants and a few of the greaters in order to keep command his whole army of constructs

Also, each group is subdivided, so getting control of anything lower than a tier 2-3 (which would get Psuedo-Karras’ attention) will only garner you control of a few constructs at best; and that is if you can get control of one in the first place

Also, starting out with that party, he probably has no ability to do normal healing, but if they get injured and he starts patching them up with metal/giving them limb replacements/giving them nanites or something similar to help them heal, THOSE he can work with. Of course, late game, if they turn on him, he can use these things to lock down their bodies while his servants move in.
Then, it depends on how they treated him. If they were shit to him, he’ll probably just have them killed. If they were decent and tried to help him with his work (intentionally or not), he will probably subdue them instead and convert them into advanced servants

I have never really had much interest in the artificer class, but about a week ago i was watching Thief: metal age and this just fucking hit me, so here you go. not sure how much of this i will be able to do, and how effectively, but this is the skeletal character concept. Hope you like it
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 12:28

Yeah, not bad.

It would fit well with Advent Gestalt, Natacyn's sequel, but AG is so far from completion that it may not even be worth mentioning
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 13:35

*Shrugs*

AG or any other D&D campaign will do just fine

And this character will probably need a metric shit-ton of planning, so don't worry about it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Aug 2015 - 13:50

So, I decided to go down the list of Super Powers and take note of a couple of things, so without further ado:

asshole powers- these are the abilities you take if you are directly trying to be a complete and utter dick. Not everyone who uses them is guaranteed to be an asshole, but if they ask about one of them it is a pretty good indicator
antimatter
apotheosis
chronokinesis
compulsive self destructivity
corruption
duplication
equalizer (esp. at high ranks)
Geas
Infestation
Jinx
Luck manipulation/probability manipulation
memory manipulation
mind control
omnipotence is not listed???
power shaper
vector manipulation

powers i want to make characters with
anima jaunt
antimatter
apotheosis
i would love to make a character with chronokinesis, but after conversing with the friendgroup it has been determined that i would become a perfectionist with that character and wouldn't actually have any fun
contrivance manifestation
dark matter manipulation
duplication (just to prove it can be done without the person being an asshole)
fear-induced powers
graze
grim reaping (lololololol)
infestation
light matter manipulation
mind blast
mind control
nova
power consumption
seismic power
shadow mark
steel skin
vector manipulation

powers that are monitored by the government and are restricted
     I actually picked Best's brain about this one, because I was curious about which powers would actively be monitored by agencies and governments the world over
grim reaping
mind control
time manipulation
insta-kills: antimatter or radiation for example- basically any high-power damage ability
self-detonation
nullification
certain forms of creation

and finally, here are a few character/power sets that i came up with that I like the sound of:
     person with grim reaping who can specifically drain and permanently kill people with apotheosis and other resurrection-type powers (which normal grim reaping cannot do). otherwise, is a normal user of the ability; or, as normal as you can be when you eat people's life force

person with decently high levels of petrification
idea is that in order to save money, a transportation service has this petrifier on staff to turn passengers to stone. the passengers are carefully loaded into the cargo bay and turned back once on the other side
in doing so, the company can save a shit-ton of money on creature comfort (food, water, etc) and it is decently popular among the business and lower class who want speed and efficiency over anything else.
could also use a similar set-up for space travel- petrify the crew and then you don't need to waste food, water, electricity, or oxygen on the way out or back. If you have automated systems, this is almost ideal.
In either case, though, the petrifier has to be there to turn them to stone and turn them back. If you really want max efficiency on the space version, give them stasis as well

Edit: person who has a type of shield ability who can drain their shield for a time in order to explode the area around them. Not incredibly original, i understand, but it is still cool i think
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptySun 23 Aug 2015 - 0:29

flesh golem- was created and served under its master of an undetermined amount of time. was awakened. possessed low intelligence at first, but became more learned as time went on, and gaining much knowledge of the world
says it does not possess much talent in a fight, but mostly to give itself the element of surprise. honestly, though, it is focused more in the fields of chemistry, mortuary and investigative science
since it awakened, it has 'lived' for 97 years, and has spent the last 11 as a private investigator, in the mafia era

...FUCK
I want to put NWN back on the computer and do a low-intelligence run
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 0:49

character idea: a girl who became a pyrokinetic; is completely immune to the effects of fire (maybe even of suffocation)
however, she still feels pain as if she were not immune to the flames, so if she feels as if she is burning alive
to make things even more fun, she is completely unaffected by pain-killers. Any and all of them
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2015 - 16:47

Tiny Loli succubus who specifically targets pedophiles

props to Gravekit, who thought this one up
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 23:23

Character notes i don't want to lose

Bellatrix- half dragon, half devil
That moment when I realize that Bellatrix, if she were fully built for combat, would have more base strength than any of the core giants, with the exception of the storm giants
Instinctual guard- At Xth level, a Fighter may take an Immediate action to grant themselves a Deflection bonus to AC equal to their Strength modifier until the beginning of their next round.

Alternatively, if they are targeted by an effect that does not require an attack roll, they may, as an immediate action, force the user of that ability to make a touch attack. The touch attack is a melee touch attack if the user of the effect is threatening the Fighter in melee; if the user of the effect is not threatening the Fighter, it is a ranged touch attack instead.

If the touch attack fails, the effect fails to affect the fighter.
Fierce guard- At Yth level, as long as a Fighter is benefiting from a bonus to their armor class due to Instinctual Guard, they may, as a free action able to be taken on another creature's turn, regain their Dexterity bonus to armor class and cease being flatfooted.

In addition, if they use Instinctual Guard to force another creature to make a touch attack, that creature instead has to make a normal attack roll.

Finally, if a creature makes a touch attack against them, the Fighter may, as an immediate action, force them to make a normal attack roll instead.
Parry- As a reaction, you may negate an attack made against you by making a melee attack roll at your highest base attack modifier. If your attack roll is equal to the result of the attack roll you wish to negate, the attempt is successful. You may use this ability multiple times during a round. You take a cumulative -5 penalty on your attack roll for every time you have used Parry since the beginning of your last turn. You must have a melee weapon drawn to use this class feature, and you must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Riposte- After a successful use of the Parry ability, you can make an attack of opportunity against the opponent whose attack you have successfully negated.
Heroic Endurance- A fighter of at least Xth level is more able to shrug off dangerous blows. Beginning at Xth level they no longer automatically fail saving throws on a natural one, although if the DC is higher than their modified roll they still fail.
Interrupt- From Xth level, when a creature attempts to cast a spell, if they are within the fighter's combined movement range and reach, the fighter may, as an immediate action, move up to them and attack them.

The fighter may not do so if he chooses to make an attack of opportunity from the spellcasting attempt, and vice versa.
God of War- beginning at level X (at least lvl 6) when making a full attack, extra attacks gained from a high base attack bonus are made at a cumulative -3 penalty instead of -5. For example, +17/+12/+7/+2 would become +17/+14/+11/+8.

Special: if wielding two weapons, extra attacks gained from improved two weapon fighting and greater two weapon fighting are made at a -3 and -6 penalty respectively, instead of -5 and -10.
Master of Many Styles- For every Fighter Bonus Feat you possess, you may choose one additional feat. This extra set of Fighter Bonus Feats makes up a Combat Style. At any time you may choose to switch between your normal set of Fighter Bonus Feats and this Combat Style as a swift action. When you make this switch, all feats are changed at once. The Fighter may change back to his normal feats using a swift action.

The Fighter masters additional Combat Styles as his level increases. At level X and every Y levels thereafter, the Fighter gains one additional combat style. A Fighter may switch directly between two different combat styles as a swift action. You may not use your Fighter Bonus feats to qualify for a feat in your combat style, or vice verca.
Actually, might not work all that well, especially if I plan for her to take warblade instead of fighter. I think she still gets bonus feats as a warblade, but not nearly as many.
Warlord’s Knowledge?- The Fighter can make a special knowledge check with a bonus equal to his Fighter class level in place of any knowledge check involving battle on a small or large scale. This may be used to identify creatures, gain information about battle formations, draw out a siege plan, and so on.

5 ranks of Knowledge(History) provides a +2 synergy bonus with Warlord's Knowledge
Adaptability- The fighter gains 1d4 per X levels that he can choose to add to any d20 or damage roll. These dice are replenished every X rounds and must be used before the roll is made.
Veteran of a Thousand Wars- A fighter lacks the extensive formal education of a wizard, but he knows how to kill things. Beginning atXth level, he may make a special knowledge check with a bonus equal to his fighter level plus his Intelligence modifier to identify monsters and their special powers and vulnerabilities. In addition, he receives an insight bonus to attack and armor class against that type of creature, based on the table below

{table=head]Check Result|Bonus Granted
10-15|+1
16-25|+2
26–30|+3
31–35|+4
36+|+5[/table]
The Bigger They Are…- Bigger isn't always better. Beginning at Xth level, when attempting a combat maneuver against a larger foe, a fighter gains a +4 bonus to opposed Strength checks, grapple checks, and the like, effectively cancelling out one size category's worth of difference.

At (X+Y)th level, this bonus improves to +8 against foes who are two size categories or more larger than him, effectively cancelling out two size categories worth of difference. Against foes one size larger than the fighter, this bonus is still only +4. For example, a medium sized fighter would have a +4 bonus to grapple checks against and ogre (large size), but a +8 bonus against a cloud giant (huge size).

At (X+2Y)th level, the formula simplifies: when attempting a combat maneuver against a larger foe, a fighter gains a bonus to opposed Strength checks, grapple checks, and so on equal to his opponent's size bonus his own size bonus, effectively cancelling out all size differences.
Hold up the Sky- At level X, your strength and constitution scores are treated as triple their normal value when calculating carry weight/lifting capacity, how long you can hold your breath, and bonuses to constitution and strength checks and skill checks, excluding fortitude saves.
Cut the World- You may use a slashing weapon you wield to cut through the fabric of the planes.

Make an attack roll against AC 20 as a full round action. If you succeed, you slice open a portal to any plane that is coterminous or coexistant with your current plane. The portal is 5 feet wide and 8 feet tall for every five feet of reach you possess (including the increase from wielding a reach weapon, if applicable). It persists for one round, plus one additional round for every 5 points by which your attack roll result 20.
Cut Reality?- You may use a slashing weapon you wield to slice open a refuge in the fabric of reality while you are on the ethereal, shadow, or astral plane.

You may use Cut the World as a standard action.

Make an attack roll against AC 25 as a full round action. If you succeed, you cut a pocket in reality in which you and your allies may rest. You create a portal to a cylindrical demiplane with a height and radius of 100 feet for each five feet of reach you possess. You determine the characteristics of the plane you create at the time that you use this deed, though you cannot create plane where time flows at a rate slower than 1 local hour / 1 material plane minute, or faster than 1 local minute / 1 material plane hour. However you choose to construct the plane, it lasts for 1 local hour, plus 1 hour for each 5 points by which your attack result exceeds 25. The portal remains open for 1 local round per hour of the plane's duration, or 5 rounds on the material plane (whichever is shorter). However, you may choose to open and close the portal whenever you wish. The portal is the same size as the portal you would create with Cut the World. Another character on your demiplane may attempt to cut their way out by making an attack with a slashing weapon against the edge of your plane. If they beat the attack roll that created the plane, they create their own portal (sized according to their reach), which stays open for one local round.
Blade Surge- At level X (at least 6), you may make a full attack as a standard action.
Leaping Strike- Beginning at Xth level when jumping a fighter may spend a standard action to make a single attack (melee or ranged) at any point during the jump.
Second Wind?- A Fighter has a pool of second wind d12s equal to her level. When the Fighter rests for at least 1 hour she may choose to regain her second wind dice.

As a standard action or as part of a full defense action, you can "Take a Second Wind". This consists of rolling any number of these dice and adding her constitution modifier (once, not once per die). The fighter gains temporary HP equal to the least of the total damage the fighter has taken, or the roll. These temporary HP do not stack with another use of this ability, and last until she regains her second wind dice.

The second wind threshold is equal to the fighter's class level (maximum 10). Any second wind dice rolled at or under the threshold are not expended, and any second wind dice rolled over the threshold are expended.

If the fighter is regains HP while she has second wind temporary HP, all second wind temporary HP are lost and instead the fighter heals that amount of damage.
Strike of Absolute Annihilation- Beginning at level X you may attempt to annihilate your target with a single blow. As a standard action, make a single attack. If the attack hits, the targeted creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 Fighter level+Str mod) or be destroyed instantly, regardless of creature type. living creatures die, undead are destroyed, constructs collapse, and so on. Even if the save is successful, the target takes normal damage from the attack plus 8d6 extra damage. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your constitution modifier.
Mantle of the Hero?- At level X, you gain spell resistance equal to 10+Fighter level+Con mod. You may lower or raise your spell resistance as a free action, even if it is not your turn.

God of War, Adaptability, Veteran, Hold up the sky, cut the world, and blade surge are pretty much certain. The rest are debatable

EDIT: just as a note, when i was looking at Hold up the Sky the first time, i thought it meant triple carrying capacity.
No
it said, for the purpose of carrying, triple your strength score

Bellatrix, as average for the campaign i designed her for, would have had a strength of 24. her actual, combat-build strength would have been somewhere from 32-35

I did some math
at the low end, her light load (the amount she can pick up and move with as easily as if she were carrying nothing) topped out at somewhere around 44,000lbs.
at the upper end, she maxed out at over 400,000.
and this isn't even her deadlift or drag strength
Chriiiiiiiiiist

EDIT again: sorry, my low end calculation was for a ~sub-par~ 30 strength. with her low end actually being at 32, her tripled score would have her light and being at 78k
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 0:30

Caster who goes by the title “Kingmaker”
Transmuter or enchanter who uses his magic to make the desires of others come true
Sounds like a folk hero, right?
No, he is actually lawful evil
And is just using people’s desires to pursue his own goals, and using their thanks and gratitude to reach out to new places in search of knowledge, influence, and power

Character who was born a cambion
Her parents were both humans. The mother was cursed in some way or another , but there were no immediate signs. It was not until years later that the curse reared its head, and our poor heroine was born, to her parents’ horror
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 11:14

it was stated by my SocPsych professor that people don't go outside, see a snake, go back inside, grab their snake taxonomy book, go Back outside, and leaf through it to see what kind of snake it is

So

obviously

I want to make a character who does that
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 16:58

listening to Demacia Rising while thinking about wreck-it ralph, and had an idea
person comes into a world like the game world of wir, but has the ability to cause 'ripples' and change games, settings, and people at will
Basically, this person is God, or close enough to it that it doesn't really matter within the context of the story
could be a programmer/hacker, for whom the 'person' is merely an avatar, could be a person with superpowers, or an actual divine being
regardless of who/what they actually are, they have the ability to alter the very fabric of the game reality. So how do they use it?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 0:23

15th tier magic

would require an intelligence (or other casting ability score) of 25 minimum, and a character level of 30 or higher. using the mana/strain system, such a caster would have a minimum pool of 55
if using the mana/strain system, magic of level 6 and under would be free, 7th would cost 1 strain.

9th would cost 3, 10th- 4. starting at 12 level, new spell ranks would go up to a cost of 10 mana.

this means that one capable of using 15th level magic could cast 12th level spells at a cost of 7

therefore, 13th level magic would cost 8, 14th- 9. a 15th level spell would cost 10 mana, initially
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 15:32

I just thought this would be funny/cool

character puts on a cloak of poison (a cursed item that when you put it on forces you to make a save or die)
survives initially putting it on
but since it is cursed, he can't take it off, and no one he knows can cast the necessary magic to remove it

so he kind of just...deals with it

After you survive the initial poison, it doesn't do anything else except be a cloak, so as an adventurer, sure there are better things he could be wearing, but at least he always has a cloak (and I mean always. angry giants couldn't rip this thing off his back)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 15:30

On-line character names:

Dame-tation

InterName
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content