Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

thoughts of the world's end.

Go down 
+4
Swindle11
Capricorn Hunter
Day of Light
Zentaku
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

thoughts of the world's end. Empty
PostSubject: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 21:37

I don't think the end of the world should be something to be feared. It could be beautiful. Surely some humans would survive, I mean we are a rather resilient bunch, and rather stubborn. As for the world, I doubt it would be as war torn as something from fallout. Rather, I'd imagine the ruins of cities simply decaying from disuse and covered in vines and plant-life, as nature slowly takes the world back. It probably wouldn't be that bad... There could still be food and water. I acknowledge that I would probably be one of the first to fall in the end, but I don't fear it non the less, but rather welcome it if it comes. I'd like to see the world reset itself and know how humans adapted to it.

Then again, these are just some ramblings of a madman. A few fleeting thoughts through my head durring the day.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 22:22

I'll join you in your ramblings.

I don't see why people are obsessed with the human species living after an apocalypse. I don't care. I'll be dead. Life doesn't need us to go on.

How could the end of the world be peaceful? A climatic event such as the massive extermination of a population couldn't happen without a little bit of assistance from other species and itself. Wars and shit will happen. People will die. The "disuse" won't be because people would have magically disappeared from the face of the Earth, but because they're dead.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:07

Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Swindle11
Swindle11

Random : If you're going to commit suicide then I'll kill you.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:11

I'm pretty sure that we all know that 2012 is a load of turds by now. But, humanity won't go peacefully since humans never go peacefully when threatened with annihalation.
Back to top Go down
We Tigers
We Tigers

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:33

I don't believe the human race will ever go extinct, well not never, but not in the next thousand years. With space travel, the elongation of lives through modern medicine, and newer technologies, we'll just spread out, possibly changing in DNA structure/evolving until we're different species all together.
hurr hurr Earthblood reference.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 8:39

How would anyone look forward to this other than a street hobo who thinks he could survive better than 'those politicians'?
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:33

I think that it could be a rather peaceful end. Not that humanity would be peaceful about it. We'd panic and what not... but it would all just kinda peter out and end. Perhaps we will just use up our natural resources before we perfect renewable ones. Then our power could simply go out... we wouldn't be able to sustain cities... there would a be a few riots, a few panicking individuals. But, after about a year, I suppose we would have a lot of dead people who couldn't make it, or got into miniature wars, but we'd probably survive that for the most part... we'd also need famine, or something, just to thin the world populous a bit more... I don't think it would be easy to take out the majority of the human race... but if it did manage it, eventually cities may just be old abandoned ruins.
/ramble
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:48

I seriously doubt you need electricity to survive.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Swindle11
Swindle11

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:49

The only way the human race could be completely annihalated would be if something like the proposed extinction of the dinosaurs or the Siberian traps happened again. And although cities would fall, a big portion of the world is still agricultural or tribal, so we would continue on. Also, we are coming up with ways to perfect renewable resources extremely fast, so, lol.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:56

Indeed, we are pretty ingrained in the world... we would be VERY hard to eliminate... nuclear extermination or alien invasion seem to be the most likely things to bring an end of the world scenario , now... maybe a plague, but probably not.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:59

Only thing I know of 2012 is a predicted wave of something hitting the Earth like an EMP and destroying power. Pretty sure it's bull, but if it isn't then I have the mindset needed to live in such an environment. Pull your weight, or you'll be our next protein filled meal. Might not need electricity to survive, but the world was built around the idea that we do. Records will be trashed unless they are on paper, and people will freak out. So, it's all down to the people with survival skills, and guns. At this house we have both Razz
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 17:00

Impact from a meteor and or another planet. That's a pretty sure way to get rid of us.

That, or a hypernova, lolz
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 17:05

Or somebody with the ability to manipulate mass can take a baseball and increase the mass to the point where it becomes a singularity. Due to it's size however it will fizzle. This fizzle though would generate enough energy to completely evaporate the planet with its intense energy release. And yes, I mean evaporate as in turn the entire planet into a gas. We'd all easily be dead and the planet would be gone. No more worries then^^
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 17:14

lol, 2012 is complete bull XD
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 18:42

Fuck, I just posted a video. I know it's a bunch of bullshit.

And why the fuck would aliens waste their time on stupid people like us? I also have a video on that.
Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 18:43

No need to throw vulgar language. And, it is also unlikely that they would come after us, since, well, we are just some random species on a random planet that even our own astrologists believe is on the far end of one of our spiral galaxy's spiral arms.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:02

hmmm... indeed, funny theory I've heard about potential reasoning behind human origins if some aliens existed.

Theory is that potentially humans could have been placed here by the aliens, reasoning is that we have a natural tendency to pull precious minerals and the such from the earth and bring them to the surface, even gather them into depositories. So the idea would be that we were put here to collect all the world's resources, then they would come back, hit the 'exterminate humans' button and have us all just drop dead from some toxin or biological flaw BS, then take the minerals we'd gathered for them...

It's stupid but kinda funny and makes sense, even if it's obvious bull, and I'm relatively sure it was thought up as complete bull from the start, but just for a fun way of how it could be, but isn't. Razz
Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:05

Lol, indeed, it is obvious bull. We pull resources from the Earth to make the things that we need for creature comfort/war/survival, so, indeed. And another hole in it is that there is no point in the Aliens putting a species that might fight back if they try to destroy them for their resources when they could just mine it theirself.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:27

Actually the point would be that they would be advanced enough that before we became advanced enough to actually fight back against them they would just annihilate us with some pre-programed kill program in our DNA... also we don't use everything, like rubies and amethyst, diamond, gold, that is usually just stored away, though it is some of the best for making things... best computers would be made of gold and diamond.
Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:28

We use it for aesthetic, being a social species, lol. And, if they intended to do that, it is already too late.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:31

Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 19:37

Lol, that guy is funny. But, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts of the world's end.   thoughts of the world's end. Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts of the world's end.
Page 1 of 1