Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demons and DSL

Go down 
+2
NeoDrac54
inMadness
6 posters
AuthorMessage
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 13:36

Last night, around 1:00am, my internet stopped allowing me to connected to nearly every website I tried. My cable modem (supposedly) is still in working order [and it better be for only having it a week] and my computer has found no hardware issues with my network adapter (in fact, I even updated the drivers to be certain) and my computer is still connecting to one site, however advertising banners on that site were not connecting to their sources...

...Now that brings up the question of how Im typing this message. This morning, after letting the modem rest all night and assuring it wasn't bug related with a clean virus scan, I still couldn't get even google's splash page to load, so I began muddling around with that one site I could actually connect to. + I loaded a music video hosted on the sites server, it inexpicably loaded fine
+ After I clicked on a Google help link on their new toobar, it brought me to the help site.
+ I searched their help forum for this website, which failed and suggestion was made to try a regular Web Search; expecting it to fail but hopeful, I tried the web search... and here I am, now many sites are coming back up.

So what I really need to know is A) Is my computer possessed by denisons of Satan? or B) did Google's helpdesk somehow kick my network adapter in the nuts... this is really stumping me here.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 13:37

It's either B or you provider.

I would suggest uninstalling Google Help desk and seeing if the smae thing happens again.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 13:42

It's not a program I have installed, it's an online helpdesk, linked through google toolbar, and if anything it turned out to be coincidence as whatever bug finally got sorted out. I had considered the provider being to blame, but I'm having someone bring their laptop so I can test the modem on another computer, just to finally rule out hardware issues on my end.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 13:47

Ah, well then.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 15:01

So, for clarity, your Internet is slowly getting back up?

Generally, when this happens to me, it's only one site (or the sites hosted in the same server farm) and it's generally for one day, but that seems to be unrelated to what is happening to your nets right now.

It might be a good idea to talk with your provider over the phone, but seeing how helpful Bell is with us I seriously doubt they'd offer more advice beyond "upgrade to ultra hyper premium for only 60$ more" or someshit.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
inMadness
inMadness

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 15:03

lol, yeah, it was only connecting to one site, and I tried dozens but seems to be working now so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 15:07

Happened to me a few times. I've come to believe it's a provider problem, but nothing we can do about that.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 21:22

I concur. I'm glad you've got your Internet working again.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL EmptyThu 1 Sep 2011 - 21:26

I was so pissed at you last night that I cursed your computer and your interwebz muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Demons and DSL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and DSL   Demons and DSL Empty

Back to top Go down

Demons and DSL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: Archives :: Good ol' Times :: Misc. Categories :: inMadness' Blog-
Jump to: