Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Nurellia
CaR_HoPPeR
inMadness
The Wanderer
TSDZ_President
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:30

"I prefer first-class, why?" She replied sarcasticlly, with a raised eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:47

"Well, because the faster transport we have is not by plane. Might be a bit disorienting." Kenneth replied, walking out of the house as you could see a teenage kid listening to music and just watching traffic.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:53

Katja was slightly reluctant, but followed after. She slowed for a moment as her vision slowly and uncomfortably adjusted to the daylight, before standing next to Kenneth, looking around.
"Well, I don't see anything." She said, glancing over at the teenager.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 1:06

Alevon enters the portal as well
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 1:08

Yia, who had recovered from the portal breaking a few minutes ago, more like an hour, had returned to join Alevon and company (I thiiiiiiiink...) he watched as they began to step through a portal, unsure of where they were going and he followed them.

(I'm winging it right now, let me know if I'm wrong Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 1:23

"Thomas here will be our transport there. He is a gifted transporter, but it is known to be a little disorienting..." Kenneth replied as he tapped on Thomas' shoulder, with him turning his head and looking at the woman, nodding a bit at her before turning back to the street.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 3:22

"Well there's a first time for everything." She said to reassure herself, before nodding towards Thomas in acknowledgment and approaching them.
"Wait, I forgot!" She said abrubtly before returning inside, returning with a worn-out backpack draped over left shoulder.
"Sorry, I'm ready whenever you are." She said, adjusting the postion of her bag.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 12:45

TK didn't move an inch, but she did manage to open one eye and spot Raine and the others. At first there was nothing and in an instant there was a portal, as if they had devised a plan she was not apart of.

I wonder should I even follow? She asked herself.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 13:15

"I don't really know," Gabrielle replied to Ariel. She shook her head softly and rubbed her temples. "There's been a reason why I've been having trouble standing in the sunlight these last couple of days, and it's not innate. Somebody else is causing it."

Gabrielle had only found this out recently. It had taken the Alpha guard's intervention in the titan's distraction for her mind to click and put everything in place. Six years ago, when she had last stepped back on French soil, her uncle had boasted a certain bio-weapon which amplified "noise" caused by abilities' side effects still in production. Gabrielle's speculations were that she had been implanted with this new technology in America, her safe ground, of all places.

That was something she would rather keep to herself. The death of her was not something she was certain about, but with the way she was exhausted, it wasn't a long shot. "Right now, I will teleport back to France while you guys teleport to the UnHonorables base."

Gabrielle looked at her painfully fashionable wristwatch and nodded. "If in an hour I am not back there, I think it's best if you guys went on without me."
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 13:46

Ariel had a pained expression on her face as Gabrielle spoke. She swallowed hard as she took an even breath, letting it out slowly. Every part of her brain was screaming at her to not let her friend leave, but she couldn't do a thing. She refused.

She looked at Gabrielle for a few moments before pulling her into a fierce hug. Ariel didn't even want to think of the possibility of her not... "Just come back, ok? Please..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 13:55

Gabrielle returned the hug with equal fervor.

"Of course I will come back. My uncle may be..." Gabrielle stopped. How many people knew of her connections and what her uncle actually was? "He may be a dirty cop, but I'm his niece. And he's my godfather." While she had received threats of death from him, she knew that he would not dare touch her this time, for she was going to do exactly what he wanted her to do.

She closed her eyes. "He never would have harmed my parents; that was the work of the Masterminds. And the plane hijacking... yes, officially it was a terrorist attack, but those were Alpha Guards. And they were acting from their own volition." Gabrielle smiled; she was finally starting to piece together her entire life.

The umbrakinetic slipped away from the grip of her friend. She wanted to start crying again, but this time it was not desperation, but joy. She was finally going to end everything. It felt like the calm before the storm.

"See you later," she said. And she was gone.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 15:49

TK opened her other eye and sucked her teeth. "Here goes nothing" she mumbled and walked towards Raine. Once she was near enough for the girl to hear, TK asked "So what is this all about?" She waved her hand in the direction of the portal as an eyebrow raised in curiosity. "I understand I suddenly teleported away with no word, however, I had my reasons."

She did a quick scan of her surroundings once more, regretting she had even left in the first place. Had she stayed put she wouldn't have missed WADE dissappearing nor would she have been the reason Udo was no longer with them. Once TK made eye contact with Raine, she crossed her arms and awaited an explaination of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 17:02

Raine turned her attention to TK once she heard her speak. She raised one eyebrow, TK looked a little distressed. She didn't feel like it was her place to pry so she just sighed.

"Well, shit went down and WADE is AWOL. We have no idea where anyone is, because, well, I don't even know why." She gestured to the portal she created in front of her.

"Now we have to go to the Unhonorable base 'cause Samantha called Alevon and told him to get us all over there." She waited for TK to respond.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 17:20

Kenneth nodded as he tapped on Thomas' shoulder. Thomas nodded as life itself seemed as if it were melting away, with nothing happening to Kenneth, Thomas, or the woman. As the world started to liquefy it started to twist in upon itself curling tighter and tighter, a visible twist as the world around them started to drain into the spiral, leaving only white nothingness in its wake. The world was slowly disappearing into this gaping hole, and she could do nothing to stop it... However soon after she started to see bright colors all over, the light blinding her, but only for a moment. Out of the swirling vortex came another image. A dark earth carved base, with long straight hallways and lights that seemed unnecessarily bright. Finally they were at the base, with the only feeling left were of tumbling head over heels for what seemed like forever.

"We're here." Kenneth replied unphased as the boy started to walk away as well, also completely unphased.

-----

Samantha did not react to Gabrielle's disappearance, or if she did it wasn't noticable, as she started to type once more,"Alright, we're going back to the base... Ready for another jump Ariel?"

-----

TK would start to lightly feel as if someone were lightly prodding at her mind as a light vision of Tim appeared in her vision,"There you are TK, thought I'd never find you. My brother will be happy I did though. Listen though, I contacted you to say that Videor heard of the mission you guys are getting. I got a call and he listened in." He shrugged this off however as he continued,"Thing is, he is wanting to go as well, as he wants to protect you... With his life... He's in no condition right now after contacting you all the way in France, and knowing you as I do you would not appreciate Videor getting himself killed over you... Hell he can hardly stand at the moment... Just giving you the heads up, because if anything, he doesn't want you going at all. Anyway, that's all the time I really have, anything you want me to tell Videor?
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 17:37

Ariel sighed, looking at the spot Gabrielle stood moments ago with a sad expression. Then she straightened and steeled herself, walking to Samantha.

"Yes, I'm ready," she replied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 17:47

Gabrielle had thrown herself straight into the lion's mouth. She had teleported to France, but more specifically in the Alpha Guard's Umbrakinesis division's headquarters. Even more specifically, right on top of Mr. Gauthier-Jean Goussand's desk.

She caused quite a mess, knocking down half his papers, his cup of coffee, and scaring the living hell out of her beloved uncle.

"Gabrielle!"

But she had none of it. Gabrielle's heart was pounding like mad, the adrenaline pumping in her veins and muscles like never before. She was seeing through a red screen, and was practically breathing smoke. Quite frankly, she felt exhausted. She was getting a little too overworked for this. A strong throw of her tote bag at him sent him flying towards the back of the room. She jumped right after him.

"You son of a bitch! I will end you!"

The last thing the young woman did was reach for his throat. The last thing she saw was her uncle's terrified expression. The last thing she heard was the door slamming the wall beside it in the small room, and the shouts of the unit standing guard outside his office. And then her vision faded to white.

(Ooh, plot turner! xD)
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 20:54

Emir yawned, waving at TK.

"Whut-chup, and what Raine said....And welcome to my other home my short-tempered bitch of a sister!" He exclaimed, putting his arm around a confused Nicole. "Where I became extremely emotional about my killing spree of political figures and was a complaining bitch."

"..Which explains your douchebagy-ness of a attitude!" Nicole interrupted, laughing.

"Precisely." Emir replied slyly, messing her hair with his large hand.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 21:34

TK managed to smile at Emir and Nicole, replying to him "Just trying to fill in blanks as usual" then her eyes darted back to Raine, "I see" she replied to the quick summary.
So WADE is AWOL, lots of things are not making sense.

"You know I can teleport so to ease some stress I can take Yia off your hands" TK inquired, uncrossing her arms as she spoke. "I suppose once we make it back to base there will be lots of chit-chat going on." She took her right hand and began massaging her temple with only her forefinger and middle finger, for she had received Tim's message as well.

"Tell Videor to stay put. There is too much going on and I refuse to lose him."
Though she replied in her mind, Tim could hear how exhausted and distressed she was, and that she was hiding something.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 22:34

Alevon turns around as well, hearing TK. He watches as she and the others talk, and awaits their advancement through the portal.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 22:46

(Since Gabs and her uncle are French-speakers I've translated what they say at the bottom, à-la-Maddy style.)

Gabrielle opened her eyes in the same office to find her hands cuffed. She gave an offended expression to the distressed man she recognized as her uncle almost immediately. That expression turned into an egregiously wide grin. What in the world were those people thinking? Didn't they know that she didn't need her hands to kill them? In fact, at that moment her hands were the least dangerous thing she had.

The juvenile observed her godfather's physical traits and was almost delighted to see that he had aged badly. He had a pitifully receding hairline of salt-and-pepper hair, a deeply wrinkled forehead and wide cheekbones that looked more laughable than respectable now that he was pushing sixty. The partial delight was broken by the immediate recognizability of her mother's nose and eyes. The same nose and eyes she had, herself.

Gabrielle liked to pretend the similarities ended there. Goussand senior sighed, as if he had anticipated the long period of observation, and leaned forward on the desk. Just as she was about to say something verbally abusive.

"Gabrielle, ma chouette, t'es la meilleure, mais je ne pense pas que la vengeance est ta priorité.1" That had hit hard where it mattered, and Gabrielle closed her mouth. The moment she had found herself face to face with the wretched man, she had lost all sense of negotiation; and forgotten her initial agenda she had shared with Ariel and her own psyche.

"Et toi, tu dois mieux choisir qui tu cours après.2" Gabrielle's heartbeat went down to a steady, slow rhythm. She estimated the time of her syncope to have been two minutes at most. Staring even more closely, she saw the mark of her nails on his throat, still fresh and dripping. "J'ai une demande.3"

Gaultier-Jean Goussand smiled and waved for her to continue.

(1: Gabrielle, my dear, you are the best, but I don't think that revenge is your priority.
2. And you, you should better choose who you chase after.
3. I have a demand.)
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 23:18

TK, aware of Alevon's gaze, dropped her hand to her side and propped her shoulders back slightly. "With all due respect, aren't you fully capable of getting to the base on your own?" She raised an eyebrow, an ice verbal slap to his face had been carried through her tone, it was clear TK was not in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 23:42

"Hey hey hey, don't bash on Alevon, if he needs the help he'll get it from us, no doubt about it." Emir replied to TK, blocking Nicole's playful punch and shove his other hand onto her forehead as she tried to tackle him.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 23:56

Katja immediately collapsed to her knees in a cold sweat; she hadn't realized at the time, but she held her breath through the entire event. She had no idea if the shivers echoeing through her body were attributed to her lack of blood, lack of oxygen, or from the event she'd just experienced itself; it really didn't matter.

She was more concerned with smearing a smooth layer of a collective cool over her weakness as she stood back up, rubbing the outside of her arm, as if warmth might prove a way to ease the lingering tingle.

"Where is here?" Katja asked curiously, looking around as she shook off the displacing euphoria she felt.
"Who built this place?" She added, touching the earthen walls, with a sort of childlike intrigue.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 10:03

"This is the UnHonorable's Base. May have heard of them, may not have, but if not, they were a group of Alpha's who fought to protect us from Asmodeus many years ago. But that is over now, and now it's just a safe haven for Alpha's, and a place where Katelyn continues to try and, save the world.." Kenneth said save the world in a tone that sounded laughable, impossible, but that couldn't stop him from shaking his head and smiling,"The man who build these bases however was Mike, the Element of Earth. He is incredibly good with his powers, probably the best of all of us, and so he build this and almost every other base for us. Anyway, if you walk down this hall all the way and take a left, you'll come across a pair of big double doors. This leads to the training room, but for now it's being used as a hangar.Katelyn will be there to explain the rest. You'll recognize her as the Element of Light. Trust me, you can't miss her." Kenneth smiled down at Katja as he waited for her to leave.

-----

"Alright TK..." Tim simply said as he nodded, his vision disappearing.

-----

Sam nodded as she stated to type, and once more there was a feeling of energy buzzing through the air, as they teleported after a few minutes of charging. Ariel could see that outside they were in the training room of the UnHonorables base, made significantly larger in order to hold WADE inside,"Alright, here we are... Your other friends should be here shortly Ariel. So you can head down and meet them and I'll stay up here..." Almost instinctively Sam's legs were brought up to her chest as she wrapped her arms around them, simply dropping her head to her knees.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 12:06

"Perhaps you would have a better time speaking in English?" Gaultier-Jean suggested, after seeing his niece struggle with the right words. Gabrielle got flustered at that; she hadn't had time throughout much of her life to practice her mother tongue. Her uncle's tone was heavy with an accent on the ultima of each word. Nevertheless, she accepted his proposition.

"I want you to take out whatever poison or biohazard you've put into me to counteract my abilities."

"So you have already found out about that?" her uncle asked, leaning over the desk with an interested expression.

"Yes. Take it out."

"But you see, euhhhhhh, there is a very simply reason why you have it in you? As you have no doubt noticed?" Her uncle raised an eyebrow, and continued immediately. "Think of it as the uberman sleeping pattern, but for abilities? I have discovered that you need far less rest in-between ability use to use it again at full-strength, and so that pattern would be very beneficial for the Alpha Guard and you."

"Which doesn't explain why you'd do something as brutal as deprive painless rest to those who need it. It's only normal when you're constantly using them--the abilities." Gabrielle was familiar with polyphasic sleep. She thought it was efficient. She might have to change her mind.

"Ahhh, you should see it as a training tool. Those who are accustomed to the pattern do not need it. It is simply there to discourage prolonged disuse."

"Anti-abstinence."

"And think of it this way, my darling, with the men--and women--who work for me, when they get dissatisfied with what you can reward them if they do what you ask, you should start punishing them when they don't."

Gabrielle raised an eyebrow. Her uncle was terribly genre-savvy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next