Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Nurellia
CaR_HoPPeR
inMadness
The Wanderer
TSDZ_President
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:07

"Trust me, I know the feeling." Katja said, standing up. Not willing to put anymore thought to that subject again, she left it at that.

"If it's the same for you like it was for me, you just have to believe he's alright, or else everything you had will be for nothing." Katja nodded, as if it had been her life's philosophy and had believed it as truth for a long time. She said the same thing to herself about Gabbrielle when she decided to go it alone, and again to Udo the day she turned her back on him.

Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 21:17

"I'm sure Udo is fine. If I had never dragged him into our group, he wouldn't have...or better yet, if he never would have met me, he would have stayed." TK stopped dusting herself and shrugged off whatever hidden feelings she had as if nothing was wrong. "He's home now, he won't be coming back. I for one know this, for I took him back, and left him for it was his wish."

With that, TK went to retrieve her ringblade, showing absolutely no emotions for it would deter her from concealment.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 1:44

At first, TKs words numbed her and it resounded as something as trivial as the weather.
"I have no idea what he was doing over here in the first place. I-- haven't seen him in years." Katja said with a slight shrugg before a redflag waved over her eyes, and the flagpole landed on her head.

"How did you know I was talking about Udo?" She asked as TK walked away; Katja thought about it for a moment, before she looked back up.
"Ohh." She said with a grin, realizing TK wasn't talking about herself and Udo, but instead TK and Udo.

She almost laughed when she realized she had given a little more information about herself than she had intended; still few oppourtunities came to find out if Udo had been able to forget about her so she was all for pressing her luck. It was a chance to ease her concience in truth.

"Wait!" Katja said, following behind TK. "You can't just stop there."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 11:23

TK paused directly in front of her ringblade before looking back at the girl, replying, "I had no idea you were talking about Udo, it was only a guess. But judging from your tone of voice, he must have been precious to you." TK raised an eyebrow at her, remembering the relationship he and Gabrielle seemed to have had. She wondered if Katja and Udo had a similar relationship. It mattered not to her anymore.

TK covered her mouth and yawned. She refused to be anyones contention. "I can begin and stop where I please." She remarked, indicating that Katja had much to learn from TK in such a regard.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 14:34

Well so much for easing her conscience; TK obviously wasn't willing to tell her anything more, but that didn't mean Katja was convinced either. The simple mention of the Black Forest was almost enough to bring the woman to tears; if that wasn't a sign there had been more to the story, then she would be shamed to admit her perceptions had began to fail her throughout the years.

She was willing to leave it at that however; she wasn't looking to start a fight, and the more she thought about it the more she realized she'd learned enough about their relashonship. Enough at least, to keep her hopeful assumptions alive for a little while longer. Still, she felt like she had to clarify one thing before she could drop the subject completely. This time, however, it was her own smokescreen that would be going up.

Katja smiled, letting TK finish before a pause.
"Suit yourself; it's none of my buisiness anyways." Katja said with a smile that was both gracious gesture and a clear challenge of TKs fallacy.
"For the record, I wouldn't say that Udo was precious to me; but I think I was precious to him. My biggest regret is not telling him... It wasn't his fault. He always blamed himself about what happened to us..."

At first it seemed, Katja was still talking about Udo in the same intimate light as before, but it would quickly become evident it was more than just she and Udo, but she was traveling through the memories at breakneck speed, and the insight into the past just sortof oozed out.
"...Like the weight of his salvation had been shouldered by all of us, but especially Gabbi and I. He felt guilty that he'd been cured of a deadly disease, and we had been cursed to a life of blood and pain. I know who was really to blame, and deep down Udo knows it too; my father was the one who turned the four of us into brainwashed, bloodsucking freaks!.."

Katja shivered; she still remember the rapture and ecstasy she felt the day she drained Dr. Alvin Schilling dry. The only murder she ever truly wanted to commit.
"...but we never blamed him just because he'd been cured; it hurt at first, but he never let me feel like I was anything less than human because of it. It was like, he felt he owed it to me, to just be there willing to do what he could, and considering what I could do, it wasn't much. Still, I loved him for it. He'd kill himself in the process if thats what he thought it would take. That's just the kind of person Udo was back then."

Katja glanced over at TK, realizing she should probably wrap it up for fear of boring the woman to death.
"Long story short, I ran away when I was eighteen and haven't looked back. I'd say you know Udo a lot better than I do at this point. All I know is what the media turned him into; some washed up race-car driver with a drug addiction."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 15:46

TK sneered, "Looks like you and Maya would get along well. And another note...I know nothing more about Udo than you!" She cracked her knuckles and placed her left foot in the center portion of her ringblade, keeping her eyes on Katja. The words 'I think I was precious to him' rang through TK's ears, along with everything else. How dare she allowed him to kiss her? Udo, a complete stranger, completely driven by his stubbornness swept her a little off of her feet.

"Mind you, young lady" She began, "Udo Weber is no more than a memory to me now." She denied her feelings of worrying about him, she denied the fact that she indeed wished he were still near her. TK relaxed her hands and twitched once. She hadn't had anything to eat since before she left Udo, and she needed to feed her growing baby. "Furthermore" TK crossed her arms, "What makes you think you know Gabrielle, to have even called her Gabbi?" TK hoped the girl would take the bait and end this ridiculous conversation with Udo. Whatever she and he had, whatever he and Gabrielle had was none of her business. She didn't even pity the girl for what she went through, everyone here had shit happen to them.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 16:07

Katja grinned before tilting her head in a slight of confusion.
"What, you mean to the french woman who seems to share the same disdain for Udo as you?" Katja said, gesturing in Gabrielle's general direction.
"No, I've never met her before today." She sighed, perhaps the tale wasn't as boring as she'd thought.
"The Gabbi I mentioned, she is, for a lack of better terms, just like me, in that she had to undergo the same trials that destroyed dozens of lives, and one of Udo's oldest childhood friends." Katja smirked when she thought of the implications. "There was certainly nothing between them that was more than a brother's love for his sister."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 16:20

"Good to know that the Gabrielle we both know are not the same..." TK replied, then she snapped, "But why would I give a damn about any of this?" She whipped her arm out as if she slapped someone and a radius of about 7 yards around them of air began to feel distorted. "What makes you think that just because I know Udo, that you can feel free to tell me all of this?!"

TK wasn't so much of furious as she was hurt, and it was evidently showing. Though this was all TK's fault from the very beginning, and she knew this.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 16:27

"Look, relax. I just thought I should clarify; I don't know anyone here, and I don't know what happened before I got here." Katja replied calmly, with an appologetic look, that said she was done poking the bear.
"You said he's not coming back and I don't want him around anymore than the rest of you. Let's just leave it at that."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 16:33

TK sighed, and as she did this, the air regained normality. "My apologies." TK blinked once and raised the hand she had outstretched, towards the ceiling now. "You can get to know everyone during the meeting, and also...you're wrong about my wants." She brought her hand back to her side, lowering her head enough for her bangs to seemingly appear to reach for the ground.

TK could either teleport away until the meeting, or stay put.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 16:47

Emir walked in the Training Room, going outside for a smoke. He looked at Katja then at TK.

"What happened to all being calm shit? You always forget that I have super hearing." He laughed.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 16:53

Once TK heard her brother, she bit her bottom lip, then said, "I slipped." She crossed her arms once more and closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 16:57

"You've slipped?" Emir asked, quirking his brow. "About Udo then?"
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 17:02

TK couldn't lie to her brother even if she wanted to, she faced him and opened one eye replying, "Yes, I mean you already heard everything." She shrugged and opened her other eye, waiting for Emir to say something slick.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 17:08

"Nah, I didn't hear everything, I just wanted to see if it was with Udo, which apparently explains Katja's weird mood today." Emir grinned. "Though I would've done that IF I was a gossipy hack."
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 17:12

You don't even know me, was Katja's first thought to Emir's claim and she simply stared at the man as he continued talking to TK. If she had been acting strangely there wasn't much she could do about it, and she certainly wouldn't have attributed such behavior to Udo.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 17:18

TK clapped her hands once and said, "Excuse me" With a grin before teleporting to the nearest garbage can and puked in it. Here she thought she would have at least a day without the random morning sickness that didn't always come in the 'morning'.

Sweat began trickling down her neck, to her chest. Every part of TK's body was sore, and she wondered if this was what all new mothers went through or if it was just her.

Oh....what horrible timing...
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 17:18

"It's weird to say for a person to not know ANYTHING at all about you right?" He said to Katja, as if replying to her thought. "Though don't worry, I'm not psychic." He smiled. "Being a Assassin for my entire life, you become omniscient...And having Super Hearing helps."
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 20:49

...I wonder where Maya is....I hope she can handle herself...mm...I bet she can, I trust her...

Alevon thinks to himself before entering the training room with TK, Emir, and the others. He didn't pay any mind to the confrontations that were going on, just TK doing her usual routine. He leans against the wall and plays with his hair while he waits for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 21:28

Time passed as it came time for the meeting in the training room. Everyone would arrive at various times as they saw Ken, Katelyn, and Mike all in the room already, as well as a few other individuals who were helping Mike load ammunition and other materials into WADE on steel pallets.

Ken and Katelyn stood in the middle of the room, with Kate sometimes looking elsewhere only for Ken to help her realize where she was. Once everyone was there, Ken started.

"Hello everyone. I know that asking you all of this is a difficult thing considering what you've been through already, but as of now there is no other person with the experience to go up and fight without heading into death, as well as the fact that none of you have the virus that was spread. Now, the mission will be incredibly dangerous, as the Masterminds have a number of incredibly powerful Alphas, but they have one true weakness. They are all mentally controlled through fear. With fear, we can break their hold and stop them. That is why we asked for Katja to come along as she has the ability to instill fear in others." Kenneth paused as he nodded towards Katja, for those who haven't met her,"All that you need to do is stop the leader, and they will fall apart. Samantha has WADE prepared to destroy the station and save those who are no longer under their control. I regret to inform you however that the other Elements cannot join, because if you haven't noticed, the Mastermind's have found a way to make s gravely ill... I'm only talking now due to the fact that I've run out of things to throw up... Anyway, there is one thing you need to be careful of, and that is-" The entirety of the base rumbled violently as all of the people helping Mike suddenly stopped, and dropped what they were holding; turning to the group. They all had red eyes...

They were each smiling as they started to walk towards the group slowly, wanting nothing more then to cause them pain. Strangely enough though they activated no powers, and could do no more then walk, it was soon evident why... Through the other entrances to the training room you could see dozens- no, hundreds of people start to slowly walk towards everyone, all of them residents of the UnHonorables base.

"Shit! We're too late!-" Ken stopped as he bent over, brown bile spewing from his mouth as he uttered a silent curse. While bent over he looked to the group and said,"Quickly! You have to get to WADE and get out of here! We can hold them off from here!"

Katelyn pulled out her sword as she readied the flat side, Mike joining them as he yelled out a quick swear in annoyance before stomping; a crude earth wall leading to WADE's leg for the group to run into. Before too long there was a ripple, as even Jessica appeared beside them. She seemed incredibly weak however as she loosely held her bow before looking to Ken. Almost instinctively Ken reached to her unstrung bow and strung it with ease.

"Tsina... You have grown so much in so little time... When you were first given to me I assumed you'd have died... But seeing you now, I am proud to have been your teacher... Now go, do not worry about us..." Jessica thought to TK as a blunt arrow knocked itself, loosing into someone as they fell over.

All of the Elements would go out and start fighting, being sure not to seriously harm anyone in the process, with Samantha calling through WADE to hurry their asses up. However, through all this no one noticed Tim's arrival...

"Come on Tsinanae! We need to get out of here!" Videor would finally call out as he grabbed hold of TK's hand, wanting to make a dash for WADE.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 21:33

"For Fuck sakes..." Emir muttered, running with Nicole who was too frightened to speak into WADE's Leg.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 21:38

Alevon readies himself for combat, raising his fists, limbering up, hopping from side to side almost. If it hadn't been apparent before, it was apparent now. He seemed far more calm and at ease.

Slowing time for himself, he runs ahead of the group, punching people in the side of the heads and shoving them away in an attempt to knock them out instead of kill them, and to clear a path for the others to safely enter WADE. His years of training have paid off durastically as he soars through the air, kicking people in the side of the heads and landing accelerated, force-driven punches to the chest that sent people flying a good five to ten feet.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 21:44

TK nodded to her teacher, "We'll meet again Jess, thank you for everything" she thought to her. It didn't take long before TK pulled from Videor's grip, giving him a 'you know what I'm about to do' look. She left her precious ringblade on the floor of the training room, teleported to France, grabbed Yia and Raine and teleported back to the room, throwing them both inside of WADE. She then grabbed everyone else by their arm and threw them all inside of WADE, one by one as if they were ragdolls. It was as if everyone weighed nothing as she did this, though she took care to have a gust of wind underneath each of them so that they would have a safe landing.

She did this for everyone except Alevon and Videor, for she knew Alevon and herself might end up fighting had she treated him in such a regard, though part of her wanted to chunk him in anyway. Videor was fine in getting in by himself. TK took one more look at the Elementals and saved a tearful farewell, instead she bowed, and her ringblade became the part of her which she left behind for her teacher as she teleported inside of WADE to join the others.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 21:53

As soon as everyone was inside, the door would shut as you were all quickly brought up to the level that Samantha was on as you saw her typing into the computer furiously,"I suggest everyone either hold onto something, or lay down and hope your head doesn't split." The reason she said that, is because as soon as she was done typing, WADE had quickly pushed through over 100 feet of stone above her, before activating WADE's rockets. It took it a moment, but WADE went from 0 to 1000 in less then a few seconds as the speed just increased more and more and more. WADE was well equipped for going into space, but it still took so much energy...

The room would actually start to get colder and colder as WADE rose higher and higher. It was incredible power, and Samantha was behind all of it. Soon, the pressure stopped as WADE started to slow down... That's when people started to feel... Lighter. It was obvious now that WADE was in space, and so everyone was now weightless.

"Sorry for the rush. If we waited any longer the people would have been in the way for my exit, and we wouldn't have gotten out without killing people. Anyway, you cal all relax for the time being, as the base is still a couple thousand miles away. At our speed it'll take anywhere from 6-8 hours." Samantha said this calmly as it was obvious she was sweating from deep concentration.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 21:54

Having been familiar with the insides of WADE Yia smiled as he pictured the inside and used the teleport he had copied from TK and teleported into WADE, near TK. He frowned though, maybe he should have grabbed a few of the others and teleported with them... He decided it was best for them to come on their own... Or actually, yes lets help them... He held a hand out to open a portal, another ability he had copied from Raine but he stopped, what if more of those 'zombies' came and stumbled into the portal? That wouldn't help the situation... He decided it was best otherwise and lowered his arm, the tiny spot for a portal disappearing. It was up to them, to get to WADE or not... Yia couldn't help.

(I'm unsure of how many days nor how many powers the boy has observed in said days so I'm coming off of what he knew before the pause.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next