Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Nurellia
CaR_HoPPeR
inMadness
The Wanderer
TSDZ_President
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 16:26

"Just talking to Miss Pulma. She wants me to paint this beautiful flower for her. Might paint it twice so that I can keep one for myself." Katelyn smiled and giggled before turning back to 'Ms. Pulma'.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 16:28

Katja's attention snapped back to Kate with a spark of confusion; she certainly didn't see anyone.
"Is she usually so--light-hearted?" She asked Ariel quietly, the woman who's name she had missed while feeding.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 16:49

"Yeah, she is. Comes in about once a week. Such a kind woman." Kate answered happily as she turned back to the other two,"But enough of that, she's busy. When will the others be stopping by?"
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 17:11

Gaultier-Jean Goussand then leaned on the desk, grinning widely. "Allons, ma belle, tout va être reglé.1" Gabrielle looked at him in disbelief. The last of the paper having turned to black, she sat down on the chair, deflated, and put her head in her hands.

"What was it that you wanted to do, my niece? Why do you need the help of my unit, euh, so desperately?"

"My... my Alpha friends and I will be storming the base of the Masterminds. We need the help of your guards. And even if you can't send any, removing the parasite would've been good enough."

Her uncle's expression lit up in recognition. "Ahhhh, big plans for my little girl. And your enemies, too, no? I heard that you had done a similar thing in America, but if you are doing it again I suppose it hadn't been very effective on the long term?"

"I can't say much about that."

"Well, whatever." Her uncle raised his eyebrows, creasing his forehead even deeper. "How about I send four of my best with you, and give you the shot? It'll work, no?"

Gabrielle was finally nodding in approval. "That would be great."

"D'accord! C'est merveilleux!" Her uncle snapped his fingers, having the guard lean his ear at him. The division's leader whispered something in his ear, and seconds later the guard was out of the office.

"Was that a request for the antagonist?"

"Yes. Trade secret, you see, hmm hmm. Maybe when I come to trust you more, I will tell you? How does that sound, chèrie?"

"Lovely."

(1. Come on, my dear, everything will be alright. (or for a more literal translation, "Let's go, my beautiful, everything will be sorted out.")
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 20:58

"Very well" TK replied to her brother, yet kept her eyes glued to Alevon.

"I will meet you all at the base, see you then" She said nonchalantly, and with that, she disappeared, leaving a small puff of smoke where her feet was just a second ago, a little trick with wind mixing up dirt she learned; just a harmless display.

TK arrived in the training room of the Unhonorable base, a place she missed dearly. She whipped out her sensu and began walking out, and was about to head to her old bedroom when she overheard faint commotion.

TK wasted no time to steer into that direction.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 14:25

Katja had to have turned a few shades of red when she realized Kate heard everything she said, and hoped the playful response was forgiveness enough for the discourtesy. She straightened her stance, lacing her hands behind her back as she she started poking the tip of her tongue with her right fang inside her mouth; sort of nervous habit, that in truth hadn't taken long to develop.

Others?, she thought, feeling a little overwhelmed by so many new faces; it was becoming irritating, but she put her annoyance on hold for a moment, as the sutble echo of light footsteps against ground in the distance flittered in her ear. She took a few steps towards the door, just to be certain of the sound, though she determined the noise was coming from within the training room with them.
"Someone's coming" Katja finally vocalized curiously, gaze aimed at the source of the footsteps.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 15:23

TK bursted into the vicinity and paused when she saw WADE, then Kate, Ariel and a stranger. She held her tongue and sighed. "Oh my..." was all TK murmured before she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, eyeing the new girl.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 15:31

Katja released a sigh; she was holding her breath again. Unnerve seemed to be the emotion of the day, but it fell away temporarily as an unassuming woman came into view before leaning up against the wall, though the way the woman stared at her did no favors for her nerves.

At first she pretended like she didn't notice, content to looking at the robot like it still held enough of her interest, but before long the stare was impossible to ignore. With a final stomp from her psyche, Katja flattened the nerves and approached the new arrival.

"Katja Schilling." She said, offering her hand in greeting. "mein vergnügen... er, nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 15:43

TK smirked and nodded, taking the girl's hand in her own and shook it once, a very tight grip; enough to feel the girls bones crack, though not enough to break her hand. "My apologies" she said, releasing her grip, forgetting for a second that not everyone can take her firm handshakes.

After a pause, she commenced, "Tsinanae'Kirunometzkie Shinou, but you may call me TK." It was clear TK was still very much so agitated but she did well to conceal most of it. "Lots to talk about indeed" she remarked, doing a quick scan of the girl. "Don't tell me you're the reason we all had to gather here again." Though she said this, TK was curious and raised one eyebrow at the girl, ignoring the fact that Katja knew another language.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 15:52

"I think I will, TK and as far as a gathering, I'm really not sure." She replied calmly, shaking out the pain in her hand; TK might have cracked one one or two of her fingers, but her bones were resilient, and the fractures, painful as they were, would probably be strong enough in a few hours to finish healing on their own within the week.

"All I know, is that Kenneth guy told me you needed my help and then he brought me here." She continued, turning back towards the giant robot and the others.
"I don't think he knows what he wants me to do... Thanks to Kate, I feel well again, strong and energetic, but my ability, the one he wants me to use to help you all, is so much weaker now."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:03

TK coughed and folded her arms, "I don't need your help young lady. I do not know what you were told, but as far as I'm concerned, we all are here for each other." With that TK waved her hand as to dismiss what Katja said, for TK had no idea what Kenneth was up to, nor did she know why Kate seemed bizarre. Its not like TK didn't notice that Kate wasn't herself, she just stayed quiet about it.

"Because you introduced yourself first, saved you from me killing you." She told her, returning her gaze back to the girl, giving her an icey glance for only a second. TK then whipped out her sensu and began fanning herself.

"By all means, stay, enjoy yourself, because of me we lost a member" She admitted morosely.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:07

"Oh TK! It's so wonderful to see you again, how has everything been? Something good I hope." Kate replied as she walked up to TK, almost instantly hugging her with no care in the world.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:09

Katja certainly felt amply scolded; she hated this, what was it about curses that made their hosts feel so empty when their curses slept. She never would've let someone speak to like that without at least a word in return. She hated the irony, that her mentality was weak when her body strong, and her mentality so strong and assertive, when her body was starving.

Still, she backed down and didn't challenge TKs threat to kill her, but at the same time, she felt like she could see through the icy shell the woman had up.
"You lost someone?" She asked just before Kate's enthusiastic greeting, genuine empathy in her words; she'd lost people too, Her mother, father, -- her friends.

Last edited by inMadness on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 16:09

The man came in with three syringes, three small bottles, and a couple of wrapped needles on a platter. After him came another guard holding a latex tourniquet. The new guy took no time tightly putting around the tourniquet on her arm.

"So, what is this?" Gabrielle asked, giving a sweeping glance at the shots. Past troubles with questionable substances made it particularly necessary to ask about the unnamed products.

"This is the antagonist," said Jean-Gaultier. With a wave of the hand, he dismissed any objection she might have had. "Oh, don't worry, chère, it's not anything you've ever had inside of you."

The two relatives watched as the man--in his thirties, at the very most--prepared the first shot. First he unwrapped the syringe, then he opened the little bottle and, pulling the plunger, filled it up with a clear liquid. With certain disdain she watched as he placed the thin needle at the orifice.

"Prête?"

"Allez-y," Gabrielle responded with proper French to the probably not multilingual guard, who promptly injected the formula in her bicep muscle.

At first she felt a slight shock from the coolness of the mystery product, but it quickly spread, and she realized that a light freshness remained in its wake, and that this coolness she was experiencing was in fact a regular body temperature. The headache went away almost instantly. And quite interestingly, Gabrielle felt as if something had died inside of her. She was just as mentally exhausted, tired, and stressed. It didn't seem to take care of the side effects.

Once the contents of the syringe were emptied out, the guard set up another one, this time with a brown liquid.

"This looks mysteriously like heroin."

"It is," her uncle said.

Gabrielle had to admit that she didn't particularly resist being injected. Instead, she savored the rush.

"Why'd you need to do that?" she asked after a while.

"You do know, euh, heroin is an opiate?" her uncle explained, "well, the problem with the pathogen's antagonist is that it causes an acute, and extremely strong pain for normal people in the area where it was put a few minutes after insertion."

"Right, right." Gabrielle closed her eyes.

"We were doing you a favor, you see. But it lasts maybe a couple of minutes?" Her uncle checked the clock on the wall, nodding. The last syringe was readied once more. He approached it to the same vein the heroin was injected into, and made a third hole on her arm.

"And this is?"

"This is Naloxone." Gabrielle felt her heart sink.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 21:55

TK nodded to the girl just as Kate hugged her.

Oh hell to the fucking no, she lost her mind.

TK's eye twitched and all she could think of was, "Forgive me Tim." With that, TK gripped her sensu firmly and within the next second, she thrusted Kate in the neck by the kaname part of her sensu. Blades of wind were shooting from the swiftness of TK's arm when she stroke at Kate. This all happened in a blink of an eye along with the gust of wind that came like a wave.

A small trickle of blood seeped through the corner of TK's mouth as she held her pose, her arm unmoving from Kate's throat. "I'm in a bad mood" She replied, "And you've gone crazy" TK's body was beginning to go numb as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 22:11

Kataj was awestruck. Glaring back and forth at both TK and Kate with a wide-eyed stare.. Should she intervene? would she be able to if she wanted? Katja's head burned with questions but one was still burning in her stomach more than her mind.

"Is there some way I could get some food?" Katja asked sincerely. She waited for an explosion of held back frustration, or maybe just another look like she was crazy, but in truth Katja just wanted to ease the tension.

"I haven't eaten in a few days... I--Well, I was more interested in other means of sustainence at the time."
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2011 - 23:38

"WWWWWWWEEEEEEEE!" Nicole screamed as Emir carried her piggyback style as she bang his head with her fists. Emir passed Kataj and TK while trying to wave at them and trying to wave off his sister's attacks.

"I WILL SMITE YOU ONCE WE STOP THIS RIDE." Emir shouted, his voice and heavy footsteps echoed heavily in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:16

Kate had near to no reaction as she continued smiling as she said,"Oh it's okay dear, we all have a few bad days every once and awhile. How about I whip you up a nice warm dinner. There's a phone around the corner so you can call and ask your mother if you can stay okay?"
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:26

TK fell to her knees from exhaustion and dropped her sensu. She was experiencing flashes, and she curled in a ball, wrapping her arms around her stomach as if to caress her baby. TK was at her limit, even though she knew she couldn't hurt Kate, it was an attempt.

Though she heard her brother and sister run by, she hadn't time to acknowledge them, the only thing that came to her mind was "Videor..."

Frustration filled her completely, it was only moments ago where TK felt this helpless, and she never fully recovered from that.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:30

Alevon follows Emir, hands folded behind his back until he sees Kate and TK. He approaches Kate.
"Hello Kate,"
Alevon pulls his phone out and waves it around a little
"got your message."
He puts it back in his pocket.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:36

Kate turned to Alevon and replied,"That's good! I'm glad you could make it. A friend of mine was going to come and give you a job, since I know you've been looking for one since the divorce. Once again, I'm sorry about that." Kate put her hand on Alevon's shoulder and gave him a sympathetic look as she said it all.

-----

After a second Videor answered,"Yes Tsinanae?" He sounded a little tired, but a lot calmer then Tim made him sound.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:37

Katja took a step back as TK sank to the floor. She looked at Kate then back to TK.
"She doesn't look so good." She said, looking around for any sign that someone was going to do something about it.

She had finally gotten the nerve to attempt and help TK up, but had no further stepped forward before someone new started waving his phone around. He took a step back, more to give him space to settle, before moving around him, and offering TK an outstretched hand.
"I don't bite." She added.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:43

TK quickly pulled it together and gathered all of her strength to sit up. A drop of sweat danced down her neck from her forehead and she closed her eyes, going back into her personal mental recovery state. She overhead Alevon and Kate's conversation but stayed quiet about it.

Divorce? She wondered.

"If you don't mind Videor, Kate isn't herself and no one seems to be able to do anything about it, I was wondering since you and Tim can help, if you would like to, knowing Tim can't be around Kate without hurting her."

TK opened her eyes and took Katja's hand, replying, "Everyone bites, one way or another." Remembering Maya and her 'specialty'.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:46

Alevon just stood there, staring at Kate.

...divorce?

"kate, what year do you think it is?"
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 0:49

"Of course Tsinanae, I'll have Tim send me right-" Videor was cut off as Videor fell from a void of darkness; falling directly in front of TK,"Away..."

Videor sat up as well, rubbing his shoulder that hit first as he looked at TK and gave her a half smile, saying,"Sorry about that... Anyway, what's wrong with Kate?"

-----

"Why, it's 2021. Why do you ask?" Kate said this as she removed her hand, giving Alevon a confused look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next