Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tar Sonis Tonight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Tar Sonis Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Tar Sonis Tonight   Tar Sonis Tonight EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 16:30

Segment 1
8/27/11

Welcome to the first segment of Tar Sonis Tonight, RNN's flagship talk show.

Recently, controversy has stirred up regarding the potency of Realphobia's head admin Hina Oki. Some would call her a Queen, some would call her a dictator. Whatever she is, an IDR Newscast segment suggested that some people aren't satisfied with her admin skills. To clear up controversy, I decided to interview Hina Oki on the first segment of Tar Sonis Tonight.

Let's just say right now I was surprised to hear that there was serious objections to her administration, so it would seem obvious that the interview surprised me more.

Code:

Tar: Hey
Tar: Thanks for coming on
Tar: Ready to start?
Hinaoki: Of course.
Tar: Right, first question then
Tar: I'm sure most people don't actually know how you became head admin. Care to clear that up?
Hinaoki: Uh, well, that was a long time ago.
Hinaoki: But 0blivion and I were buddies back on StarCraft. Making IDR's predecessor, SCRP (or something), was his idea.
Hinaoki: But in a bout of irony, you couldn't have your email registered to two forums at a time, which 0blivion already had.
Hinaoki: So I came in, set everything up with mediocrity, and basically became the sysop through regency.
Tar: So, part luck part skill
Tar: Wait no, entirely luck
Hinaoki: After that when we decided to move to IDR I did everything properly and set it up correctly--
Tar: Hmm. Well let's continue with that there.
Hinaoki: Uh, well, yeah, it was chance.
Hinaoki: But,
Hinaoki: Yeah. I became head admin because I could do the coding and setting up better.
Hinaoki: And because 0blivion was often absent.
Hinaoki: Which was really convenient, because I am the first user and therefore the user to have full administration rights. xD
Tar: Well I completely agree the forum is set up nicely, but some people are having doubts.
Tar: Recently there's been accusations that, out of all 3 admins, you're the worst. To quote from the IDR Newscast "Hinaoki, our fair queen, has gotten the worst review of the three, being called unfair and unjust." Do you have anything to say to that?
Hinaoki: I don't judge people. If according to these people that is the way things are, that's fine with me.
Hinaoki: Although of course I deny it--I am fair by my own standards, and if your own standards are different, then that's ok.
Tar: Well the main complaint brought up from IDR Newscast's limited interviews is a lack of conflict resolution skills.
Tar: Do you agree with that accusation?
Hinaoki: Well, yes. But no. I consider conflict resolution to be out of my spec of duties.
Tar: With all due respect, isn't it an admin's duty to keep the forum's level of conflict to a minimum?
Hinaoki: While it is true that I am poor at that, I do ban or kick people when it goes too far, but generally don't intervene.
Hinaoki: And, knowing that I am not good at keeping unrest low, it's why I put Tim as co-admin to help with that.
Hinaoki: He's better at it.
Tar: So you do agree that your conflict resolution skills aren't up to par?
Hinaoki: Yeah.
Hinaoki: But I don't consider it to be a big deal. It's not my responsibility to take care of other people's business.
Hinaoki: And by business I mean dirty laundry.
Tar: So how would you judge your performance as head admin? Do you think people aren't appreciating how much you've done?
Hinaoki: While I do feel misunderstood at times, I consider that it is the loud few whose complaints overshadow the silent many's satisfaction.
Hinaoki: I would say that if I were not competent as a head admin this forum wouldn't live as long as it has.
Tar: So based on that opinion, what was your reaction to reading that IDR Newscast article?
Hinaoki: People say what they gotta say. I was thrown a little off guard, but later it was revealed that the article was unfairly produced, and that people with positive opinions of me were not interviewed, or not taken into account.
Hinaoki: As Nick and Victoria can no doubt testify.
Tar: Well, after hearing your opinion on people accusing you, I'm pretty sure you have some reservations about others as well.
Tar: You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to, but who do you think is the worst performing mod?
Hinaoki: Eh.
Tar: You can count chatmods too, even though there's only one left.
Hinaoki: Well, I had my reasons when I downgraded TS from being main mod, but it wasn't technically his fault.
Hinaoki: If it hadn't been for 0blivion, he wouldn't have gotten more power than I wanted him to have in the first place.
Hinaoki: Which is why I think that 0blivion is the worst mod, although he is both absent and an admin.
Tar: So, if you wouldn't mind telling, what was the reason you demoted him? It caused some latent drama at the time.
Hinaoki: He causes drama.
Tar: Hmm.
Hinaoki: I wouldn't mind a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction towards what I did if it stopped further unrest. Victoria and Helen weren't happy with him, and yet he went around being a, mind my language, an asshole towards everyone.
Hinaoki: From my point of view, he did more harm than good.
Tar: I've noticed 0blivion has intervened beyond backing TS
Tar: Every so often 0blivion comes in and intervenes and all that. For example, the time where he set up a poll to fire mods, and the countless times he's banned Nick. What's your opinion on his break-ins?
Hinaoki: They weren't merited at all.
Hinaoki: He fired the mod I elected and immediately elected his own.
Hinaoki: Furthermore, he also causes a lot of drama.
Tar: But in your opinion, is he legally justified in intervening in your forum?
Hinaoki: I was displeased with TS, but 0blivion has always been a pain int he ass for me. So no, he was not -morally- justified, although all things said he still is an administrator.
Hinaoki: I've thought multiple times about removing his rights, but technically this is -his- forum and I would be unfair in doing that.
Tar: Well let me say right now this interview has already changed my view on the relationship between the admins a lot.
Hinaoki: Really?
Tar: When did things between you two start to deteriorate?
Hinaoki: Approximately around the time we created IDR. It might be called a power trip, but I didn't feel like I needed him around any more. Even more so when he started to break the rules we had put into place.
Tar: Was he disturbed by you acting like you were the head admin? Or did you two already agree on that?
Hinaoki: I don't know, my attitude was mostly one-sided. I didn't speak to him much.
Tar: So do you think that these reservations are going to boil over in the near future?
Hinaoki: It's only a matter of time. I was just trying to delay it until now.
Tar: So you're telling me that you want to strip 0blivion of his admin powers?
Tar: I knew some conflicts you two had were the basis for Arkwright, but I never knew it grew this big.
Hinaoki: Well, yeah. Maybe not now, but it's something that I've been thinking about every time he makes a change.
Hinaoki: OH, it's not -that big-, mind you.
Hinaoki: Arkwright's a comedy act. I would not plan to create a rivalry between him and me.
Tar: So in the future, what changes do you plan to make?
Tar: Just to name a few.
Hinaoki: Uh, well.
Tar: For example, do you plan to promote any new mods?
Tar: Demote any other than 0blivion?
Hinaoki: Take away 0blivions administrative rights, for one. No other demotions are planned, and I will only promote if the need arises. Which is to say when people stop being power-hungry for a title that means virtually nothing and actually notice that we lack the staff necessary.
Tar: Do you think the current staff is sufficient to run the forum?
Hinaoki: Yeah.
Hinaoki: We'll only need more if more members who aren't worthbeads or one-post-wonders come in.
Tar: So, after promoting Best, the roles of the staff are sort of obscure. Can you elaborate on the designated roles of yourself, 0blivion, TS, Best, and Victoria?
Tar: That is if you have any.
Hinaoki: My role is in general to take care of the sorting, moving topics, deleting posts by request, and creating new extensions of the forum like library and blog sections. As well as doing other admin stuff. And updating the theme every day or two.
Hinaoki: TS, being a chat mod, is a user who takes care of the chatbox when no other higher mods are around.
Hinaoki: Best takes care of forum conflicts (by popular demand) and approves RPs and does RP things.
Hinaoki: Victoria, ditto on the RP things. Tim needs a helper with so many RPs around.
Hinaoki: Germany... general mod, moves topics by demand, deletes posts, keeps the forum clutter-free. At least that's his assigned role. You'll have to ask him for more details.
Hinaoki: I have no idea what 0blivion is supposed to do aside from giving me a headache and helluva shit to clean up.
Tar: Haha. Alright.
Tar: Well, thanks for coming on.
Hinaoki: It's my pleasure.

DO NOT COMMENT IN THIS THREAD, COMMENT HERE
Back to top Go down

Tar Sonis Tonight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: Archives :: Good ol' Times :: Realphobistan News Network-
Jump to: